Options

Cash only tournament

TerryQTerryQ Registered Users 241 Posts
So this is what glu thinks is a good idea.

This tournament involves making offerings to the new god, and the only way you can do this is by buying the tokens with real cash.

I have no quests or anyway to earn them, if this is a mistake put it right very quickly. If not this will have to be reported, there are investigations running at present about the use of IAP's. I think this tournament should cause quite a buzz amongst those doing the investigating.
Quiet voices are overlooked, loud voices are ignored and constant voices are banned it would seem.

Comments

• Options
    LactrixLactrix Registered Users 141 Posts
    What is iaps?
  • Options
    DarqerDarqer Registered Users 78 Posts
    in app purchases
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    TerryQ wrote: »
    So this is what glu thinks is a good idea.

This tournament involves making offerings to the new god, and the only way you can do this is by buying the tokens with real cash.

I have no quests or anyway to earn them, if this is a mistake put it right very quickly. If not this will have to be reported, there are investigations running at present about the use of IAP's. I think this tournament should cause quite a buzz amongst those doing the investigating.

Not like they broke a law here. Use of the game like participation in the tournament is a voluntary activity. No laws that force GLU to provide games for us and no mention in the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights about EW3 tournaments. I don't like the pay-only nature of this tournament either so I'm sitting this one out.
  • Options
    UItraSceptileUItraSceptile Registered Users 29 Posts
    A lot of people are not going to participate, myself included. But be grateful they didnt add a new tier of items and weapons that are exclusive to this cash only tourney.
  • Options
    TerryQTerryQ Registered Users 241 Posts
    The result of the investigations of iap's may not remove them from games, but it it most likely will stop game makers have tournament such as the one running at the moment. Free to play games will always have iap's, I understand that. It is how they make the money to keep the game going, but running a tournament that is purely cash only to win is wrong and should be stopped. It is exploitation of the young and vulnerable and is why the investigations are been carried out in the first place.
    Quiet voices are overlooked, loud voices are ignored and constant voices are banned it would seem.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Hello Everyone. We are *very much* aware of your opinions on the tournament and this information has been passed along. We are now closing this thread and all threads related to the tournament.

Everyone who was "banned" should see their account restored. Please take this as a good faith gesture that we have heard you and that we value your feedback.
This discussion has been closed.