Options

Is mage really weaker than a warrior? Cause it seems so...

LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
What am i doing wrong?
I started a mage and i am getting B-grades at pretty much all levels. On the warrior i was getting A-grade from my first tries. Endless mode was WAY easier as well. Mage combat just doesn't seem fluid, its frustratingly immobile vs groups of mobs — you hit evasive button and it just teleports you to a random place (well, i know its opposite from nearest monster, but when you have many mobs around its just random)

I am mostly using fire blast and evasive thingie, using beam to finish things sometimes.

Comparing same GS

Comments

• Options
    mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    Don't compare characters by the amount of time it takes to finish levels. Mage is the slowest character hence why it takes longer to finish levels with her but coming from a player who played them both to completion, she is the most powerful character in the game.

The teleport freeze button doesnt teleport you opposite a monster but straight back. You can change the direction she teleports by using the direction pad before hitting teleport.

The mage isnt meant to be mobile anyways and is a long rang character so use that to your advantage by shooting enemies from afar and teleporting away when they get near to strike you.

once you level up your mage you will not be disappointed at its power :)
    ;)
  • Options
    PasharuPasharu Registered Users 43 Posts
    Yes, mage is weaker and our strongest damage skill is bugged, not at 500% like it says. Warrior's 40% defence, parry and stacking damage make it a beast If you know how to parry well. With mage you have to be very accurate, one hit and that's that lol I'm stuck in 119 endless now.. Mage can't beat it with 36 weapon and no pots lol

I would say mage is a lot more fun to play, fun > anything in a game.
  • Options
    LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
    how do i compare hero power if not with the completion time. I am confused
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Lieto wrote: »
    how do i compare hero power if not with the completion time. I am confused

Mage's attack power is the greatest in the game. Go fight a boss if you don't believe me.

Mage runs really slow, which is why she can't complete levels really fast.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    Mage is the slowest character, but the strongest. Monk is the fastest but the weakest. Warrior is in between. At higher levels the mage can spam endless eruptions which deals a ton of damage. Mage is so strong that it's still the best character after being nerfed twice.

Long story short, most of the top players prefer to use Mage as their main character.
  • Options
    IndiepwnIndiepwn Registered Users 62 Posts
    The Mage lightning orb is the best skill in the game. Great if in a crowd.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Indiepwn wrote: »
    The Mage lightning orb is the best skill in the game. Great if in a crowd.

Really? I never use it. When there's a crowd, i just run to one side and use eruption. Kills all enemies.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    I use orb if the crowd number is like 6-10. Otherwise I use eruption. It's also good on bosses, where stack damage can stun and kill faster.
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Also, mage has the best energy recovery. The only things I see inferior are her walk speed and her special move.
  • Options
    worawatworawat Registered Users 36 Posts
    Let's not kid ourselves here. A good warrior who knows how to parry is the best character by farr. Parry is the single most IMBA skill in the game right now. It has 0 cooldown, makes you invulnerable to incoming attacks and deals tons of damage to large group of enemies. A good warrior can kill anything just by standing and press one button, PARRY!! I have both Mage and Warrior at more than 10,000 gs and I have to say Warrior if played right will beat Mage every time.
  • Options
    SuperstargumSuperstargum Registered Users 197 Posts
    Well if your considering pvp it'll depend on whether a warrior gets his Parry off when mage teleports... cause if a warrior gets frozen... the lazer skill will kill warrior without much effort... If he gets parry off he will still have to run around in the hopes to kill the mage before the mage gets another chance at freezing him... Parry is def the best skill in the game but timing is another story.