Options

Upgrade: When is the best time to do it?

CraigsterCraigster Registered Users 143 Posts
Just wondering what are peoples thoughts on when something is worth upgrading from what you got? If you get something new with a max GS 25, 50, 75 or 100 higher than what you got, when do you decide it is worth upgrading to? Let me hear from ya! :cool:

Comments

• Options
    dejavuetalldejavuetall Registered Users 9 Posts
    i only do upgrades that are worth the pain to get the regents. 200gs upwards.
  • Options
    Wow, that's way higher than what I have been doing! I maybe should specify that my warriors are in the 36-38 level range. Maybe at the end game level that might be more applicable. Most of the time, when I see a 200+ max gear score increase it is from items that I can't wear for 2 or 3 levels in to the future.
  • Options
    jakub1302jakub1302 Registered Users 197 Posts
    i only do upgrades that are worth the pain to get the regents. 200gs upwards.

Agree, if I have many reagents I upgrade freely untill all money are spent. I think it really depends on the level, lower quality reagents are easier to be found therefore more used on updates.
    EW3: Jakub1302
    BGI: Jakub 1302, the guildleader of Goodfellas
  • Options
    pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    i tend to only upgrade weapon/ring/neck first to max and see how far i can go b4 my armor need to be upgrade it. most of the time with armor i only do the 5/5 fusion. then if im dieing too much on bosses i'll upgrade 1-2 pieces to 2 stars. save time on farming for reagant and gold.
  • Options
    nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    Depends on the character as well IMO,

with my monk, which was my first char and therefore had to learn patterns etc.. I had to upgrade stuff frequently for HP and defense in order to stay alive in some levels.

with my mage, I only upped weapon/ring/neck for damage and kept most of my other gear from regular hb to legendary hb lol, had bad luck with drops and literally switched my regular hb ring to a marvelous ring at level 46..

haven't played my warrior much but I'll probably only up weapon as long as I don't die too quickly in a level
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    It really depends. I mean, if you're like me and at the endgame....you'll upgrade anything with a higher gs.

If i get a godly helm of resolve, im gonna upgrade it, even though it only has 1 more gs than godly helm of fortitude.

I don't really understand what you mean though. Like, when you move through the game, you get several different tiers. For example, when you go from hellboy to leg cyclops, you should have decent Divine or ancient gears. When you go from leg cyclops to leg hellboy, you should upgrade marvelous and transcendant gears (divine is actually still good though). When you move onto leg hellboy, you should upgrade transcendant and impervious (Marvelous is still good though). After you get a gold level 36 weapon from leg nian, then you farm leg hellboy for unbreakables. The 'gs increase' really depends on where you are in the game.

Your top priority should always be your weapon. Always upgrade that first.

Boom. That's how you beat the game.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    I don't really understand what you mean though. Like, when you move through the game, you get several different tiers. For example, when you go from hellboy to leg cyclops, you should have decent Divine or ancient gears. When you go from leg cyclops to leg hellboy, you should upgrade marvelous and transcendant gears (divine is actually still good though). When you move onto leg hellboy, you should upgrade transcendant and impervious (Marvelous is still good though). After you get a gold level 36 weapon from leg nian, then you farm leg hellboy for unbreakables. The 'gs increase' really depends on where you are in the game.

Your top priority should always be your weapon. Always upgrade that first.

Boom. That's how you beat the game.

Don't have any of the higher gear that you mention. As I said, I have 2 warriors level 36 and 38 and I am dealing with Blues and purples mainly, with a few golds in there. Got normal HB on farm with 75% wins vs LC. When I get a new drop (blue purple or gold) what is the magic number for Max GS increase for me to think about upgrading it or should I just stick with what I got and farm HB forever? (til I get some of the items you mention)
  • Options
    amoylawayamoylaway Registered Users 91 Posts
    i upgrade only if max GS is higher than 200...

for me, weapon should be considered more often... depends on the stats you want...

there are gold weapons that has CC/CD stats with higher max GS... there are also weapons that has CC/IIF (not sure if CC or CD) and has lower GS....

both if maxed has the same attack damage... however, if GS concerns you more, you opt to choose the CC/CD... if you want an increase in item find, then you go with CC or CD with IIF... so it is based on your needs/wants...

HTH
  • Options
    Jaynee killJaynee kill Registered Users 183 Posts
    For me personally id just focus on farming until your get a gold weapon from each boss you can cofortably defear, then max it and carry on usually by the time you get that weapon youv gained all the armor you need to progress, any weapon improvement is worth the reagents