Options

FYI for those who are curious as to why things are how they are

Before Glu updated their game with the Jade Forest update and decided to block rooted phones I was fine and dandy with my account. Everything worked just fine.

When things started to go down south with GS/VP. I tried everything to fix this problem and even unrooted my phone - this did not work. What is the solution?....get a new phone which I did.

Fast forward - I sent Glu a support ticket to transfer my old account to my new phone only because a guild member of mine was able to get everything working after it was not working before. (From old phone to new phone)

So...I'm waiting for the transfer. In this time I decide to install EW3 on my new phone to test things out.
I only got to level 4 with my warrior so I couldn't test my VP. My GS and gems are working great. My phone just fine like any non rooted phone should be. My gems got up to 184 from watching videos and installing games.

After the transfer...I got all my stuff back. GS works fine...in the current tourney the VP on the account works just fine as well. I even got a notice in game that they transfer my 184 gems to new account. This was so cool of them...now what is the problem? Gem offers don't work..I can do all the offers, trials, ad watching, until I turn blue but what will happen is I get this "Warning Unknown Error" message after completing any of these offers.

I sent them an email to fix this and their response is my phone is rooted. Seriously? LOL nothing changed before and after the transfer. It's a new factory sealed phone. My T-mobile account even says under Rooting " Not Rooted" Hmmmm....rooted for reals Glu?

Anyhow its kind of interesting to see how things work before but don't work now and that the response I get is my phone is rooted and "we don't support rooted devices".

This is just a rant and I believe it'll be fix. Let's see

Comments

• Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Good luck mate. I think it was harsh glu banning all those with rooted phones, as most would not be interested in hacking their game.
  • Options
    KuroKuro Moderators 178 Posts
    Their intent was fine, but it's so tricky to mass ban so many rooted phones that it just gets out of hand. Good luck to you.
    ru75go.png
  • Options
    MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    I'll chat with some devs about this issue, and see if we can get this resolved.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    ducvader wrote: »
    Before Glu updated their game with the Jade Forest update and decided to block rooted phones I was fine and dandy with my account. Everything worked just fine.

When things started to go down south with GS/VP. I tried everything to fix this problem and even unrooted my phone - this did not work. What is the solution?....get a new phone which I did.

Fast forward - I sent Glu a support ticket to transfer my old account to my new phone only because a guild member of mine was able to get everything working after it was not working before. (From old phone to new phone)

So...I'm waiting for the transfer. In this time I decide to install EW3 on my new phone to test things out.
    I only got to level 4 with my warrior so I couldn't test my VP. My GS and gems are working great. My phone just fine like any non rooted phone should be. My gems got up to 184 from watching videos and installing games.

After the transfer...I got all my stuff back. GS works fine...in the current tourney the VP on the account works just fine as well. I even got a notice in game that they transfer my 184 gems to new account. This was so cool of them...now what is the problem? Gem offers don't work..I can do all the offers, trials, ad watching, until I turn blue but what will happen is I get this "Warning Unknown Error" message after completing any of these offers.

I sent them an email to fix this and their response is my phone is rooted. Seriously? LOL nothing changed before and after the transfer. It's a new factory sealed phone. My T-mobile account even says under Rooting " Not Rooted" Hmmmm....rooted for reals Glu?

Anyhow its kind of interesting to see how things work before but don't work now and that the response I get is my phone is rooted and "we don't support rooted devices".

This is just a rant and I believe it'll be fix. Let's see

The issue is that accounts that have been flagged as rooted continue to be flagged even on new devices. I know the team was working on getting this addressed and "clearing" the flag.
  • Options
    milrzmilrz Registered Users 10 Posts
    Yes good luck to you I got a brand new nexus 10 I play on and they told me its rooted I know its not but what do they care. It takes my cash fine and free offer dont work and the best I can get is I am rooted. Well great job screwing the legit players i am out over 1000 gems but they don't care I think my email is flagged cause they won't even respond to it.
  • Options
    LegionsbladeLegionsblade Registered Users 103 Posts
    milrz wrote: »
    Yes good luck to you I got a brand new nexus 10 I play on and they told me its rooted I know its not but what do they care. It takes my cash fine and free offer dont work and the best I can get is I am rooted. Well great job screwing the legit players i am out over 1000 gems but they don't care I think my email is flagged cause they won't even respond to it.

Cheater on one device is a cheater on all devices. Don't give in Glu. Milrz go find a new game to cheat on and leave the fair players alone.
  • Options
    That statement would be great if you had a legit statement but if I was a cheater I would have better gear less play time and not purchased with real money. Its idiot's like you that make legit plays suffer.
  • Options
    Cheater on one device is a cheater on all devices. Don't give in Glu. Milrz go find a new game to cheat on and leave the fair players alone.

Don't worry legit or not there never gonna make it right.