Options

Warrior weapon progression path?

LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
Hey,

Got a dilemma =)

I was pretty lucky and got both 31 and 36 epic swords of the butcher from blue coins lottery.
So difference is something like 1750 vs 2080 GS. My level 31 sword is almost fully upgraded and 36 is not upgraded at all (i am not getting any pristine regs yet besides lottery — on my way to nian now).

Question is — will i be able to kill nian easily with upgraded level 31 epic sword? Will i be able to farm him for legendary level 36 sword with my level 31?

OR should i use lottery regs from around a week +some occasional gems to upgrade my level 36 sword and then farm for legendary from nian?

Whats after level 36? Only pay to win or are there any other drops from hellboy legendary?

Comments

• Options
    TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    Lv. 31 Butcher Purple is enough to kill Nian but until you get it fully maxed it's not gonna be very easy or fast. If you cannot max it try to do at least Fog Road. You won't loose your daily quest at Nian and if you're lucky you can get even DPH there so you can upgrade your lv. 36 sword.
    After lv. 36 weapons are lv. 44 wich now with the JC gone you can get only in 114+ endless (112-113 for blue/purple and 114+ for gold)
  • Options
    CthunCthun Registered Users 35 Posts
    Trainelu wrote: »
    Lv. 31 Butcher Purple is enough to kill Nian but until you get it fully maxed it's not gonna be very easy or fast.

Painfully slow to farm with a 15/15 31 purple. If u can get the 36 purple to 15/15 go with that. If not, I'd farm cyclops to get a 31 gold which makes nian kills much faster at 15/15. Don't worry about the stats on it, just the first one u get will put out enough dps to kill him in well under 1min, and then u can farm him for a 36 gold.
  • Options
    by 15/15 do you mean 3 evolves or two? (last one is obviously insanely hard to do with those legendary reagents not really coming for free)

I guess i ll just try and upgrade my level 36 one to 2 evolves 15/15
    Would you farm nian forever right after it to get legendary level 36 or would you try and go for hellboy? Or whats the progression path from there?
  • Options
    15/15 means only two evolves. You need 8 eyes, 13 blood, 8 sigils and 3 hearts.
    Don't try to get a lv. 31 gold from Cyclops unless you're very lucky.
    And yes, it's easier to farm Nian for the lv. 36 gold especially if you have the IIF around 200%.
    You can do all the levels to Mead River for DP reagents and still get the Nian quest.
  • Options
    Can i do mead river or only up to mead river? I think mead river is when it starts to drop pristine, right?
  • Options
    Don't try to get a lv. 31 gold from Cyclops unless you're very lucky.

Eh I got one on both my Mage and warrior in around 100-150 kills, maybe even less, with sub 100iif at that point. At 30-45 sec/kill on cyclops with a 15/15 31 purple, counting time to sell, could hit that number in a few hours if ur focused. Of course I may have just been lucky and the RNG hit right, but that was my strategy to make farming nian bearable.

I think both trainelu and I agree that if we were in ur position and had a 36 purple, getting to 15/15 is the best in an idyllic world, but the farming of dp hearts in the first half of the 3rd area using a 15/15 31 wep sounds awful and even more painfully slow to me, than praying for a low drop rate item from cyclops. Though, I might even try my luck with burning some silver offerings for those hearts. At least farming cyclops would let u build up some gold too. Either way is correct and probably not a huge difference in time sunk. U could try farming the hearts and if it is miserable go back to cyclops. What ever u decide, good luck!
  • Options
    At LC I got lv. 31 for my monk in about 50 kills (I didn't get the lv. 26), for my mage I got only lv. 26 in about 300 kills and for warrior I got no gold weapon in more than 500 kills. For me Fog Road was a real surprise, I got 2 DPH in 12 runs so it really depends on your luck.
  • Options
    At LC I got lv. 31 for my monk in about 50 kills (I didn't get the lv. 26), for my mage I got only lv. 26 in about 300 kills and for warrior I got no gold weapon in more than 500 kills. For me Fog Road was a real surprise, I got 2 DPH in 12 runs so it really depends on your luck.

That is pretty random, I would have thrown up my hands and moved on from LC too.
    I hear if u buy some beast offerings your luck magically improves, at least that's what the Glu sales team told me...
  • Options
    ronron Registered Users 889 Posts
    Lieto wrote: »
    Hey,

Got a dilemma =)

I was pretty lucky and got both 31 and 36 epic swords of the butcher from blue coins lottery.
    So difference is something like 1750 vs 2080 GS. My level 31 sword is almost fully upgraded and 36 is not upgraded at all (i am not getting any pristine regs yet besides lottery — on my way to nian now).

Question is — will i be able to kill nian easily with upgraded level 31 epic sword? Will i be able to farm him for legendary level 36 sword with my level 31?

OR should i use lottery regs from around a week +some occasional gems to upgrade my level 36 sword and then farm for legendary from nian?

Whats after level 36? Only pay to win or are there any other drops from hellboy legendary?

Yo you better read the EW3 primer first. Btw Chad is the best weapon until you get a level 44 gold weapon from tower 114+
  • Options
    Cthun wrote: »
    That is pretty random, I would have thrown up my hands and moved on from LC too.
    I hear if u buy some beast offerings your luck magically improves, at least that's what the Glu sales team told me...
    I dont get the point of buying those offerings for 5 bucks each when you can spend 2-3 bucks to get dp hearts or whatever regs you are missing.

p.s. i am not one of those people who spend hundreds on pixels but i enjoy "donating" 5-10 bucks to something that keeps me entertained for that long.

Just to clarify: Does Nian drop best pre 44 weapon which is chad?
    Is there any reason to farm hellboy than?
  • Options
    mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    I dont get the point of buying those offerings for 5 bucks each when you can spend 2-3 bucks to get dp hearts or whatever regs you are missing.

p.s. i am not one of those people who spend hundreds on pixels but i enjoy "donating" 5-10 bucks to something that keeps me entertained for that long.

Just to clarify: Does Nian drop best pre 44 weapon which is chad?
    Is there any reason to farm hellboy than?

Nian drops Chad . Farming hellboy is for unbreakable Armour later and for the 5 shards u need for the final evolution of your Chad
    ;)
  • Options

I'm with u, I was just being facetious with my comment ;).
  • Options
    lIIusionlIIusion Registered Users 42 Posts
    Hey,

Got a dilemma =)

Have patience to farm lvl 36 Epic Weapon the dungeon before Nian. It will be dropped by the yellow skeleton. Or lvl 31 yellow from leg cyclops. That's only your best choices..Increase your armors's GS. It will help reduce damage from bosses.
  • Options
    Cthun wrote: »
    Eh I got one on both my Mage and warrior in around 100-150 kills, maybe even less, with sub 100iif at that point. At 30-45 sec/kill on cyclops with a 15/15 31 purple, counting time to sell, could hit that number in a few hours if ur focused. Of course I may have just been lucky and the RNG hit right, but that was my strategy to make farming nian bearable.

I think both trainelu and I agree that if we were in ur position and had a 36 purple, getting to 15/15 is the best in an idyllic world, but the farming of dp hearts in the first half of the 3rd area using a 15/15 31 wep sounds awful and even more painfully slow to me, than praying for a low drop rate item from cyclops. Though, I might even try my luck with burning some silver offerings for those hearts. At least farming cyclops would let u build up some gold too. Either way is correct and probably not a huge difference in time sunk. U could try farming the hearts and if it is miserable go back to cyclops. What ever u decide, good luck!

Well ye problem is that i need nian for 3rd evo of my 31 purple and i cant kill him with it. And i cant upgrade my l36 because regs drop after nian only.
    Now i can burn 130 coins to get 3rd evo for l31. Will nian become easy? Or i can farm lc. He dropped me l26 legendary in 100 kills..

Btw you mentioned burning offering. Would you otherwise save it?
  • Options
    Ok i got legendary from cyclop - general reevis tiger sword, problem is that i was mostly farming cyclop and dont have regs to upgrade it, lol. Its only 140 more gs than my current sword though and it seems like fully upgraded sword from cyclop will have same gs as 15/15 level 36.

Question is what would be easier to do. Killing nian with 15/15 lc legendary to farm for soulshards isnt gonna be easy considering that i get him to about 65% with the sword which gs is only 140 lower
  • Options
    Trust me, the GS is not really that important. The base attack is higher. You probably have CC+CD and the new one has only CC. It's pretty good to farm Nian. Get reagents and upgrade it and then move to Nian. You'll notice the difference.
  • Options
    I am the guy who created a ton of dps spreadsheets for diablo3 so i can't really agree that base attack is somehow better than critical damage. Base damage is more consistent but i can bet it will even out with CD during a course of boss fight which usually consists of around 40-50 attacks, 30% of which will crit with my gear.
  • Options
    I really don't know for all weapons levels but the only sure thing I know is that for mage a lv. 44 Purple CC only is better than lv. 36 Gold CC+CD (the GS is 51 lower for the Purple). For lower weapon levels I don't know but I did farm Nian with General Reevis Tiger Sword at 15/15. I did not win every time but enough times not to try to get another lv. 31 weapon. Actually I did kill Nian with a lv. 31 Purple cc only about 25 times (not easy) until it dropped the lv. 31 Gold.
  • Options
    I am the guy who created a ton of dps spreadsheets for diablo3 so i can't really agree that base attack is somehow better than critical damage. Base damage is more consistent but i can bet it will even out with CD during a course of boss fight which usually consists of around 40-50 attacks, 30% of which will crit with my gear.

I'm with you on the math part I like to think about it more intellectually too. With this game though, it just seems more random than math would indicate. I have nothing to back that up other than my own feelings from playing as I haven't tested or crunched the numbers.

I agree again with trainelu that the ap seam to trump the gs of the wep. Even with that big bump in cd it just doesn't seem to catch up to the ap boost, which is around 300 fully evo btw for the 31 gold v purp.

I had the exact same scenario with a 31 purp butcher and swapped out for a 31 gold ap/cc wep, both to 15/15 missing final evo. Kill time and % success went up dramatically on nian for me at least.
  • Options
    i am comparing l31 yellow to level 36 purple though.

Anyhow i started to upgrade it already and hoping to kill nian pretty easy with 15/15 l36 purple
    In the end i realised that i have more reagents to upgrade l36 than to upgrade l31, will throw in 30gems to buy two missing pristine hearts and make it 15/15

[edit] lol just now it dropped me Greatsword of Lord Stonnel legendary with 2000gs which is insane for l31
  • Options
    i am comparing l31 yellow to level 36 purple though.

Anyhow i started to upgrade it already and hoping to kill nian pretty easy with 15/15 l36 purple
    In the end i realised that i have more reagents to upgrade l36 than to upgrade l31, will throw in 30gems to buy two missing pristine hearts and make it 15/15

15/15 36 purp should let u farm L nian easily, though a fully evo 31 gold is higher dmg than 15/15 36 purp missing final evo, I believe. Without the dcss from farming nian you won't get to final evo on the 31 anyway. Of course farming nian with either would work great.