Options

Main complaints- easy fixes to player anger

KaufmeatKaufmeat Registered Users 63 Posts
Here are the 4 major issues players have been complaining about post-patch:

1) Rune Combo Failure
-this is just ridiculous- great way to make players hate the game

2) Tougher Bosses
-they take twice as long to beat and only a little less with runes. Adding new more difficult bosses would have been fine. Messing with what players have grown comfortable with is a recipe for player anger

3) Boss Reagent Drops
-Only 1 reagent drops per boss now, and soulshards are nowhere to be seen outside of endless. Endless was a nice addition to the game but now it's the only way to advance.

4) slow selling
-assume this is a glitch, but regardless, it needs fixing. Makes the game painful.

The moral here I think is: if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it! You guys are creative- find other ways of making money- players will only pay as long as they feel the game is worth playing, and these changes bring ew3 close to being unplayable.

Comments

• Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Kaufmeat wrote: »

1) Rune Combo Failure

2) Tougher Bosses
    -they take twice as long to beat and only a little less with runes. Adding new more difficult bosses would have been fine. Messing with what players have grown comfortable with is a recipe for player anger

3) Boss Reagent Drops
    -Only 1 reagent drops per boss now, and soulshards are nowhere to be seen outside of endless. Endless was a nice addition to the game but now it's the only way to advance.

4) slow selling
    -assume this is a glitch, but regardless, it needs fixing. Makes the game painful.

The moral here I think is: if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it! You guys are creative- find other ways of making money- players will only pay as long as they feel the game is worth playing, and these changes bring ew3 close to being unplayable.

You forget the main problem.

Glu never listens to us....they listen to their sick greedy minds.

I'm not spending money on something that's not worth playing.

This update is practically extortion. Except one thing. I don't have to play this BS.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    And add better drops for godly resolve gear.
    Guild leader of Marauders
  • Options
    FuryWeasel wrote: »
    And add better drops for godly resolve gear.

They're never gonna do that.

We've already asked for it for 3 months.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts

1) Rune Combo Failure

2) Tougher Bosses

3) Boss Reagent Drops

4) slow selling

Thanks for summarizing this effectively. I have personally sent this thread to the team and they are taking it under advisement.
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Thanks for summarizing this effectively. I have personally sent this thread to the team and they are taking it under advisement.

Can you also tell them to read forums and take our suggestions seriously?

Except don't show them my posts. They might get mad and purposefully delete my account.
  • Options
    SikariosSikarios Registered Users 56 Posts

1) Rune Combo Failure

2) Tougher Bosses

3) Boss Reagent Drops

4) slow selling

+1
    Well said
  • Options
    Since moloch has stated that #2 and #3 are glitches being worked out, I would urge the team to consider #1 and #4 as they are both very disconcerting.

It's so frustrating to work your character up to a certain point and then have an update come along that sets you back- In spite of the increased GS runes give, it feels like i'm working twice as hard just to get back to where I was before. and that's not a good enough motivator for people to want to put much time into- let alone money.
  • Options
    I just wanted to add this response- originally posted by "The Doctor" to a similar thread I posted in the discussion section, as I think it captures the issues extremely well:

2) This system is very similar to the upgrading of elements in EW2. Even the failure rates look to be about the same. The difference is that runes, right now, are very difficult to get. Couple with the fact that only 2 out of the 6 runes are useful right now and you can see why a failure on a lightning damage or fire resist combine can be devastating. An entire days worth of farming can be reduced to nothing with a single click. Not to mention that you have to successfully combine multiple times to get to the top tier. Each tier of combinations gets more devastating when it fails. I pray that I don't smash my IPad the first time I fail a blue quality rune combination. A new feature that results in more anger and frustration than any tangible level of fun or entertainment is never a good idea.

3) you went about this all wrong. You pushed the rune system without adding a new tier of equipment, map, or level cap to couple it with. Had you put the best equipment in the new tower and required runes to get it, you would have a forum full of happy customers. Instead, you shoehorned it in and were left with the problem of trivializing the difficulty of the old content. Since old content still had the best gear, making it very easy would severely reduce the need for gems to get through gs checks like legendary cyclops. Since your funding is dependent on gem sales, you chose to make old content harder to fit your new feature. This was a very bad idea. Making players in an rpg feel weaker and requiring them to do more work to break even is akin to digging your own grave. I've never, in 20 years of RPG play, seen a company do this and have it work out well for them. People put a lot of time and effort into getting their characters to where they are. Taking that away is a big deal.

Both of those changes are intended. That doesn't make them good ideas.
  • Options
    ComarComar Registered Users 65 Posts
    Since moloch has stated that #1 and #4 are glitches being worked out, I would urge the team to consider #2 and #3 as they are both very disconcerting.

It's so frustrating to work your character up to a certain point and then have an update come along that sets you back- In spite of the increased GS runes give, it feels like i'm working twice as hard just to get back to where I was before. and that's not a good enough motivator for people to want to put much time into- let alone money.

I don't see how #1 rune combo failure is a glitch. I see it was intent illy included, so people wouldn't take that risk with trying to make epic or legendary runes. That would be huge farming set-back.

I respectfully disagree. The rune system is working as intended, and it was intended to generate even more IAPs.
  • Options
    ComarComar Registered Users 65 Posts
    Comar wrote: »
    I don't see how #1 rune combo failure is a glitch. I see it was intent illy included, so people wouldn't take that risk with trying to make epic or legendary runes. That would be huge farming set-back.

I respectfully disagree. The rune system is working as intended, and it was intended to generate even more IAPs.

Was supposed to say, intentionally....lol.
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    I havn't played with the rune combo yet and didn't know about it till I read it here. Of course it would be extremely frustrating to fail after a day of farming.

As an alternative could I suggest, based on your GS or level you can only combine certain runes. e.g. you have to be lv48+ to be able to get the highest rune. Also if you pay for it by gold (or gems) you get a guaranteed combo.
  • Options
    TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    You pay for combo anyway. With gold and you are most likely to fail when trying and with gems you're succesful.
  • Options
    LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
    I would start with addressing slow selling and making sure that suggested GS is enough to beat a boss at least 30% of the times.
    Else why would you suggest something that leads a player to fail 95% of the times? That hardly a good suggestion, lol.
  • Options
    SikariosSikarios Registered Users 56 Posts
    I havn't played with the rune combo yet and didn't know about it till I read it here. Of course it would be extremely frustrating to fail after a day of farming.

As an alternative could I suggest, based on your GS or level you can only combine certain runes. e.g. you have to be lv48+ to be able to get the highest rune. Also if you pay for it by gold (or gems) you get a guaranteed combo.

This is actually a very good idea.

To further expound on the idea, make the rune upgrade system similar to the skill upgrade system. It requires certain levels to combine higher rune rarities, but you can combine them even if your level is not high enough if you want, you will just have to use gems.

Also, make the cost on par with skill upgrades, so that by end game the runes are a couple mil or so each upgrade or you have the option to spend gems instead of coins.

This idea of course entails also removing the failure chance.
  • Options
    Sikarios wrote: »
    This is actually a very good idea.

To further expound on the idea, make the rune upgrade system similar to the skill upgrade system. It requires certain levels to combine higher rune rarities, but you can combine them even if your level is not high enough if you want, you will just have to use gems.

Also, make the cost on par with skill upgrades, so that by end game the runes are a couple mil or so each upgrade or you have the option to spend gems instead of coins.

This idea of course entails also removing the failure chance.

There is a way for a "no failure". Pay for the combo with gems.
  • Options
    TerryQTerryQ Registered Users 241 Posts
    Because the failure rate is so high, why not make it free. Then give a percentage increase in success for paying gold, and guaranteed success for gems. Should keep more people happy.
    Quiet voices are overlooked, loud voices are ignored and constant voices are banned it would seem.