Options

Another Patch Critique

SpronkSpronk Registered Users 51 Posts
Shortly after installing the game, I made gem purchase because I both enjoyed the game and wanted to get a little bit ahead. Until the latest patch, I never had a negative thought about the game. It's pretty cool for a game on a phone.

Immediately after the patch, I had to start working backwards through the maps until I could clear one 6 maps back from the previous night. I was farming Nian for gear regularly before and now there was no chance. Couldn't even get him half way down. In addition, my bag filled up with runes with which it became clear it was absolutely necessary to get damage up. The problem was my bag was full and without selling the runes off, I could not enter a map. I headed off to the store grumbling to buy some gems to expand the bag and get the regs needed to max out the purple sword I had. Once that was done, I used the drills I had to put ruins in some gear.

You know what? it didn't make a bit of difference. Still could not clear a map past the one immediately before Nian. Now, more than a little annoyed, I started going through the offers looking for something useful and ended up buying some stuff from Vistaprint. With another supply of gems, I bought ANOTHER bag and regs to max out more of my armor. Well I can tell you that is the end of that. No more gems.

Almost like clockwork, I get Nian down to the end and like magic he starts shooting lightning out of his **** or the camera starts flying around or any of the numerous animation glitches that don't match what is happening on the screen. In 4 days of a good amount of playing I have not picked up a single piece of gear that is better than what I currently have which is not that great to begin with (blues and purples). I haven't seen a single legendary of any type drop since the patch.

When you take money from people for something and then make drastic changes that negate those purchases, it is fraud. Sorry but that is what it is. Beyond that, you have really stuck it to the player base. Those players that were lucky enough to have the levels previously are able to clear the levels required to find gear. The less than maxed out scrubs such as myself are stuck on maps where the gear we need doesn't drop.

I guess I'll check back in now and then and see if any adjustments are made. Other than that I am now the type of player that you really don't need to listen to or care about because I won't be buying gems again. Not just because of this patch, but chances are it will be done again in the future. It was a great game and still has good things going for it, but it is a mobile game for petes sake.

Oh, and nice touch on the "low chance of failure" on combining runes. Change that to fairly good chance of failure if you want to be somewhat honest with your customers. That was just an extra kick in the nuts on top of filling my bag with lesser runes so I couldn't play the game unless I bought gems.