Options

Bug with Mage's Ice Blink

rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
The Mage's Ice Shield is bugged. Here's the problem.

1. Consider the Mage running away from a mob. She's putting a little distance between herself and the chomping jaws of death.
2. While running she gets hit; it could be an arrow in the back, it could be that she's not quite fast enough, doesn't really matter.
3. If Ice Shield triggers she doesn't jump forwards in the direction she is running. She jumps back, right into the chomping jaws of death.

Can you imagine this?
Okay class, today's lesson is called the Ice Shield. this skill can not be controlled, once learned you must be careful to watch your back. Never turn your back on a cliff, lava pool or enemy and ascend the staircase backwards lest you stub your toe and DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH!!!

Comments

• Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    I play the mage mostly. For most of the time, around 95% of the time it works fine. You should be able to control if you want to blink forward or backward. If you are standing still it will blink back, if you are moving it will blink forward. I have noticed the 'bug' you talk about but it is very uncommon for me at least.
  • Options
    I play the mage mostly. For most of the time, around 95% of the time it works fine. You should be able to control if you want to blink forward or backward. If you are standing still it will blink back, if you are moving it will blink forward. I have noticed the 'bug' you talk about but it is very uncommon for me at least.

At first I got frustrated with your reply. Now I see I should have said "Ice Shield" (passive skill) instead of "Ice Blink" (active skill). (Post edited)

The mage is actively running forwards when the shield triggers and she is ALWAYS thrown backwards.
  • Options
    MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    I'll mess around with this, I've seen some odd behavior from the ability myself, but never been able to successfully reproduce it. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    Moloch wrote: »
    I'll mess around with this, I've seen some odd behavior from the ability myself, but never been able to successfully reproduce it. Thanks for the heads up.

Excellent. Please post if you can reproduce :)
  • Options
    TerryQTerryQ Registered Users 241 Posts
    rewand wrote: »
    Excellent. Please post if you can reproduce :)

Sry but this one just needed a re quote :-)
    Quiet voices are overlooked, loud voices are ignored and constant voices are banned it would seem.
  • Options
    Moloch wrote: »

Moloch

It's been a month now. Have you been able to reproduce this bug? Go to low level endless and kill everything but the archers. Then run back and forth. Eventually you will get hit while running forward but the ice reflex will always jump you BACK. When this happens in a serious fight you are often running away from something trying to get position or waiting for a skill to recharge. Getting thrown back when you are trying to run forward is the problem here.
  • Options
    XephraimXephraim Registered Users 130 Posts
    Doesn't she always jump back? If she gets hit (doesn't matter where) she jumps backwards from the direction she is facing. This can result in disatvantages of course.
  • Options
    HassadarHassadar Registered Users 11 Posts
    I experienced the same thing, really annoying since it got me killed a couple of times....
  • Options
    SneezingCatSneezingCat Registered Users 211 Posts
    I notice somtimes when in Endless, the passive ice blink will go in any random direction. About 90% of the time it flings me right into a mob of enemies.. It's killed me a few times in the higher 135+ waves. Quite irritating.
    Jewelz