Options

[bug?] Endless Timer

nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
Hey,

I just cleared wave 130 with 2 or 3 seconds left on the clock, but it still tells me that the time ran out.. It wasn't too bad this time because loots sucked, but it's been happening quite a bit when I get double bearman at waves 129/130 due to only having a purple level 44 weapon..

Wondering if it happens to other people and if a fix was in the works, or if it's a newer issue.

-n

Comments

• Options
    ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
    nyjn wrote: »
    Hey,

I just cleared wave 130 with 2 or 3 seconds left on the clock, but it still tells me that the time ran out.. It wasn't too bad this time because loots sucked, but it's been happening quite a bit when I get double bearman at waves 129/130 due to only having a purple level 44 weapon..

Wondering if it happens to other people and if a fix was in the works, or if it's a newer issue.

-n

This happened to me even if there was 5 seconds left. The timer isn't all it's cracked up to be.
  • Options
    kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts
    this happens to me often...I lost a chest upgrade earlier today due to this.
  • Options
    TerryQTerryQ Registered Users 241 Posts
    Still randomly getting the time has run out screen when I enter the tower, so I end up losing the 20 tokens I used to get in.

I don't get the opportunity to actually enter the tower it just goes straight the timer out screen :-(
    Quiet voices are overlooked, loud voices are ignored and constant voices are banned it would seem.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    nyjn wrote: »
    Hey,

-n

The problem is that the wave doesn't end until the last monster is killed, gushes blood, falls down ever so slowly, exhales and is ready to be eaten by rot-worms. If the timer hits zero before that too bad so sad.

Poor UX design plain and simple.
  • Options
    SikariosSikarios Registered Users 56 Posts
    This happens to me sometimes, like someone else said it's waiting for him to fall down before it registers as being "killed", at which point it will start the usual 5 second level countdown.

If you get the timeout failure screen but you did get the last guy, just wait a few seconds. You will notice that underneath the loot/failure screen you can see the 5 second timeout. Once that times out then you can continue to the next level normally.

If you don't see the "continue" button try tapping the place where it usually is. In the rare case that I kill the last guy but still time out, I have always been able to continue with this method.
  • Options
    durc15durc15 Registered Users 124 Posts
    Sikarios wrote: »
    This happens to me sometimes, like someone else said it's waiting for him to fall down before it registers as being "killed", at which point it will start the usual 5 second level countdown.

If you get the timeout failure screen but you did get the last guy, just wait a few seconds. You will notice that underneath the loot/failure screen you can see the 5 second timeout. Once that times out then you can continue to the next level normally.

If you don't see the "continue" button try tapping the place where it usually is. In the rare case that I kill the last guy but still time out, I have always been able to continue with this method.

Seriously, that works?

I'll keep that in mind.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts

Then this is clearly a bug. I always figured it was simply a problem with a finish line extended out further than it looked. Still there in a fixed place but not where it appears to be. That would be bad UX. The timer running in the background panel shows that the design intent was accurate but the implementation is bugged.

Please fix this :)
  • Options
    RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts

If you don't see the "continue" button try tapping the place where it usually is. In the rare case that I kill the lastn guy but still time out, I have always been able to continue with this method.
    just timed out yet again after killing everything. I tried the trick and didnt work for me.
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    bump - still not fixed
  • Options
    durc15durc15 Registered Users 124 Posts
    Nope didn't also worked on my end.
  • Options
    TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    Happened to me three times yesterday. Between 4 and 2 seconds.
  • Options
    CooLTanGCooLTanG Registered Users 26 Posts
    The game should check at 0 sec to see if everything is dead, but it doesn't it continues on, u need at least 4 seconds left when the last mob dies
  • Options
    Finally got to floor 130 in tower using pots and revive, got nice stash. Then lost the f u c k I n g lot because of the **** timer.

Glu certainly know what they are doing with this f u c k I n g game. Just out for money and to f u c k I n g p I s s everyone off
    Quiet voices are overlooked, loud voices are ignored and constant voices are banned it would seem.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    TerryQ wrote: »
    Finally got to floor 130 in tower using pots and revive, got nice stash. Then lost the f u c k I n g lot because of the **** timer.

Glu certainly know what they are doing with this f u c k I n g game. Just out for money and to f u c k I n g p I s s everyone off

Finally!! Everybody is seeing the light! BEHOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    Finally!! Everybody is seeing the light! BEHOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bugs in this game have lost me quite a bit of good gear now, and first go in tower raped me on floor 112. 2 flaming archers and 2 of the big eye*****, didn't stand a chance :-(