Options

The new content

RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
Ok i wanted to reserve judgement until i had sufficiently farmed and played the new levels. Been a couple days now and done countless runs.

First off. I absolutely love the new dungeons. Like the look and feel. Love the challenge, although now its not bad at all after learning the new patterns. And you know i frickin love the spiders.

I hope this doesn't come across as too negative. As I'm sure I'm stating things that have been brought up or you know about. But I'm already bored. I wanted to love the new content so much. And i did. Until i realized something. Now that I've got them pretty much on farm status why am i running them?

I get maybe 1 rune every 3 or 4 runs. And I've never had one above lesser. Not even a green one. So the new content is garbage for runes.

When tier 8 was dropping i was also excited. Yay a chance at some godly. Nope. Some people on here i guess claim they have gotten a godly. Id love to see that screen shot. Some claim to have gotten some blues. Thats awesome. I haven't seen anything over a green in my many many runs. So it is a fail for loot also Imo. I understand dungeon stages usually don't drop legendaries, the boss stages do. I just feel the challenge should match the loot. And it does not.

Honestly i think y'all should have ignored all us whiners for new content (myself included) and waited until you had a complete first leg of dungeons up to a new boss. Because while the new stages themselves are pretty cool they offer no benefit farming them. They were great as new stages and a challenge but once that novelty has worn off what are you left with?

Most importantly though. The inventory bug should have been given above all top priority and been dealt with before anything new. This game is solely about repetition and speed getting through stages and bosses. And the inventory bug is ruining it for all of us. Slows down the flow and is very aggravating. I am dreading farming because i know ill have to sell eventually.

After you fix the bug you need to really address the loot stuff. If you want this whole rune thing to be the next evolution in your game then treat it as such. The two new stages should have been dropping runes just as easily as reagents drop on all other stages. Reagents were the key to progression up until you maxed out your gear. Now that we have maxed out gear the runes are key to progression. And my reagents never had a chance to fail when i used them. Theses runes do. And its high. So why aren't they dropping more?

Now that the newness of 2 new stages has worn off. I only hop on to do daily on one character. Maybe a tower run and help with guild tourney of course. But with the sell lag its just torture to really farm. Fix the sell lag and give me something to farm the new stages for, RUNES.

I could rant about how iif is a useless stat now but im trying to keep this topic on new content :rolleyes:

Now for you trolling little haters who's only response is "if you don't like it just quit". Stfu. That simple. I am addressing concerns about a core game that i enjoy. Otherwise i would quit. Plenty of other games out there. It just needs work and balancing. And providing feedback is how they learn and hopefully someday turn this around.

I think PvP is what is really gonna save this game in the end. But if you get the asinine idea in your head to charge tickets for player matches. Just don't. I think that would be it for me as well as many other players. I can see your head working glu. "Pay shipmaster tickets to take you to magical PvP island". Just stop thinking that right now.

Sorry about the long post. For those that made it to this line a cookie is in the mail for you.

Comments

• Options
    Wolf_CookieWolf_Cookie Registered Users 60 Posts
    Agreed on the inventory bug. That problem should have been dealt with before new content was added!
  • Options
    lIIusionlIIusion Registered Users 42 Posts
    Too long to read..hehe.. happy farming anyways. Addictness..
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    I also don't know why they released part of a map. Or why they didn't fix bugs. Their main goal might have been for us to spend gems to remove runes and equip a new set of ice defense and fire attack.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    I also don't know why they released part of a map. Or why they didn't fix bugs. Their main goal might have been for us to spend gems to remove runes and equip a new set of ice defense and fire attack.

Agree with you again. I don't mind having several sets of gear, each configured for a specific area of the map, either towers or new map areas. But then again, you have to spend more gems for inventory bag size increase.

So, its like we're constantly chasing our tails to keep up with whatever they release. All the while, we're spending money for something.
  • Options
    ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
    Excellent, well thought out post from someone who clearly cares about the game. I was pretty shocked too. The new content and spiders ARE fun..until you realize that you don't get anything for killing them. I wouldn't even mind the farming that much if like you said, they just dropped runes instead of tokens. OR they could leave the current drop the same..but instead of dropping reagents..just drop tokens instead. Then you could have people that are done with runes save them up for the offering tournament which would give them another reason to play.

Whatever is decided..playing the game has become much less viable than before, which is never a good thing. It's just no longer time efficient in any way.
  • Options
    Agree with you again. I don't mind having several sets of gear, each configured for a specific area of the map, either towers or new map areas. But then again, you have to spend more gems for inventory bag size increase.

So, its like we're constantly chasing our tails to keep up with whatever they release. All the while, we're spending money for something.

Multiple sets of gear is impossible for me. It took me a month to get MM, how the hell am i supposed to get another one?!
  • Options
    Multiple sets of gear is impossible for me. It took me a month to get MM, how the hell am i supposed to get another one?!

Keep farming....I now have two. Seems like they only drop what you already have in your inventory. Getting something you REALLY need is next to impossible.
  • Options
    JohnBoy12JohnBoy12 Registered Users 129 Posts
    good post, I have no problem grinding away over and over to achieve better stuff but the reduction in items dropping across the board does make it more difficult to continue playing the game. I have spent a little money on gems but the amount needed to get any of the good runes is absurd. even if the runes don't drop more often....at least give us drops of greens and occasional blues...I get annoyed seeing only lesser runes and knowing how the failure rates are without using gems. for end game players the update isn't as bad as for the characters at lower levels. you cant fully upgrade a weapon that will do decent damage to kill the boss you are stuck on without buying gems, and that is assuming you can get a decent weapon. I even used 760 gems for a guaranteed epic weapon with 10 gold offerings. didn't get a single gold item and none of the offerings gave me useful gear other than the guaranteed item. I was able to progress a little further but need to use more gems because I cant get the reagents to evolve.

I have been playing for awhile and have a good character, a decent one, and one that is still low...the updates seem to just add difficulty to the point you are forced to buy gems if you didn't already max all three characters. I have played the first two eternity warriors and stuck through the updates....some had me stuck but the next update would allow me to progress further. these updates seem to be working backwards and I hope there are some changes to allow new players a chance to get past normal Cyclops for the love of god. I used to get tired of people complaining about Cyclops because they didn't spend a day leveling up but now I can only imagine the frustration of trying to beat him with your first character.

as devs, you have the ability to make this a great game but that will never happen if you don't listen to the players.
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    Rentoc wrote: »
    Some wellwritten stuff

Good wellwritten post there :) I think the main problem is that they did, as you point out, listen to much to people wanting new content and released thoose two maps a bit to early. As thoose two maps are only a smal step into 4th kingdom they dont really poccess any grinding value whats so ever and looks only to be designed to be a challange on the way to the deeper more rewarding dungeons. They thought instead of wating for all the maps to be done we release a few each second week I guess.

I got alot of blues in there but no purp/gold which I doubt drop in there, I don´t mind not getting good items on thoose maps but in my opinion atleast they should have added better drop rates for reagents so that could be the "replay value" of thoose maps untill more maps arrives but yeah the map design and challange in there is good. They should change the gs recommendation to 10k tho, I kindof see 7500 as a typo. I see thoose maps as a good way to get all thoose free God of crafting tokens each day.
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaL wrote: »
    They should change the gs recommendation to 10k tho

Remember when the recommended gs was a good recommendation? IMO the gs recommendation should be 13k.
  • Options
    kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts
    Remember when the recommended gs was a good recommendation? IMO the gs recommendation should be 13k.

sums up my issue with the new stuff....don't tell us it is 7700 or whatever and make it retardedly difficult for a 12k gs toon (my monk)
  • Options
    bigBrulesbigBrules Registered Users 219 Posts
    The rune system has completely screwed up the gs system. All enemies and bosses are overpowered now also.
    Android Guild - upgrade
    Position - CO Guild Leader
    Device's: Google Nexus 9 / Samsung Galaxy S4
    Roms / Operating System: Cyanogenmod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts

But in that month you probably got several other good items. I know that's what happened when I was farming for a wand to help me beat LHB. Had I not sold them I'd have a start on the multiple sets.

My gem count is really hurting though. I bought an extra backpack but need another. Then there is the need for runic upgrades...
  • Options
    rewand wrote: »
    But in that month you probably got several other good items. I know that's what happened when I was farming for a wand to help me beat LHB. Had I not sold them I'd have a start on the multiple sets.

My gem count is really hurting though. I bought an extra backpack but need another. Then there is the need for runic upgrades...

Nope. While farming that entire month, I only got one other godly helm of fortitude.
  • Options
    AmsterdammedAmsterdammed Registered Users 25 Posts
    Great post.

Got a 10k warrior (just) but best I've got from endless so far is one wondrous.

I don't bother with jade tower except for the daily as runes are useless without the correct gear to fit them to.

I have a dabble at the new levels, but again, too hard without the correct runes, and im not going waste my time until I have the right gear to fit them to. I'm currently running with greens and greys.

Drop rates are appalling, so I only log on to waste my ship tokens in the forlorn hope I can hit these magical godly drops everyone else keeps talking about....

A game that is so heavily weighted to forcing players to spend a LOT means there is no point whatsoever in occasional players spending a LITTLE, as the return isn't worth it.

Just waiting for the next new dungeon crawler now...