Options

Fair tournament for all players

Floyd99Floyd99 Registered Users 70 Posts
How about comin up with a tournament that ALL players have a chance in, not just the elites. I'm a. 11k gs warrior & i welcome a challenge. I know this post will get some(ok a lot) of hate but i also know first handed how frustrating tournaments are for newer players. They view them as they have no chance to win, why bother? Why not level the playing field once to try out? If it doesn't work, dont do it again. Simple.

Comments

• Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    When you're a newbie, you're not supposed to participate in tournaments. First priority is to bring up gs, and then participate.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    I suggested a long time ago to do a level up tournament. Yes it will disadvantage the high end players (like me) but for once the new people will have a chance at winning something. The only thing is you don't need gems to level up so they probably wont go for it...
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    I suggested a long time ago to do a level up tournament. Yes it will disadvantage the high end players (like me) but for once the new people will have a chance at winning something. The only thing is you don't need gems to level up so they probably wont go for it...

That would be a weird tournament o.0

I agree with Ultra, tournaments are one of few end game activities not ment for newcomers. You have enough to think about then to be a part of a tournament during thoose levels. Hall of Fame are suppose to be for best of the best imo. Thats why I don´t really like the offering tournament either where anyone can buy themself up to a top spot even on a level 1. But hey, that helps Glu and in the end it helps the rest of the players.

I really would like to see some more variety on them tho. I think the first tournament we had was the Zombie invasion, more of thoose please!
  • Options
    GrandudiusGrandudius Registered Users 37 Posts
    Zombie Invasion sounds fun. Just countless waves upon waves of them. No time limit, just getting stronger and stronger. Im up for that... Or something similar of course.

The main thing we need to address is: What ideas can we have to make things, not only fair to all, but fun and exciting to do? Hack proof would also be a bonus but very difficult.
  • Options
    JohnBoy12JohnBoy12 Registered Users 129 Posts
    I agree that tourney isn't designed for new players to win but they should still have a chance to benefit from a prize or two.

I have and end game character but still feel like I don't have the time or money to spend on the game to compete with the hardcore players. most of the token rewards are useless at this point because I cant get the last few pieces of gear I need to upgrade. the offerings rarely give any good items other than gold offering which still fail to give a gold item in 10 tokens several times. So I don't put forth much effort when it is just the TOP player and guild that receives the godly reward. None of the other prizes have a significant enough value for the effort needed to get there.

Make an event that rewards based on player effort like a spider kill event? 5 points for a normal spider and 10 for legendary. at 1k points(vp) you get 5 offerings of some sort, 5k points you get 10 tokens, 50k you get rune offering, 100k you get a decent item, 500k you get a good weapon. make it something attainable and people might grind if a reward if known. I rarely get anything from the offerings worth using other than reagents at this point so why spend money to not get the guaranteed godly item for first. I might spend $5 if I know for sure I am working to get a specific item.

The current tourney system is getting boring in my opinion so if the dynamic is changed a little it could help.
  • Options
    FlyingvigilFlyingvigil Registered Users 61 Posts
    Well newbies can and should participate in tournaments, the only way to increase total VP anyway.
    But apart from that, fully agree with you Ultra. :)
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    SirDiGiTaL wrote: »
    That would be a weird tournament o.0

I agree with Ultra, tournaments are one of few end game activities not ment for newcomers. You have enough to think about then to be a part of a tournament during thoose levels. Hall of Fame are suppose to be for best of the best imo. Thats why I don´t really like the offering tournament either where anyone can buy themself up to a top spot even on a level 1. But hey, that helps Glu and in the end it helps the rest of the players.

I really would like to see some more variety on them tho. I think the first tournament we had was the Zombie invasion, more of thoose please!

Zombie invasion????!!!

I came in around December, never got to see that. :(

Sounds freaking awesome though.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    dailo23dailo23 Registered Users 5 Posts
    they should either improve the award, or change the format so that lower gs can win something. Tournament award is useless unless you're in the top 10 (or was that top 20) that get godly, and those that achieve that most likely has close to full sets of godly already. The rest of the award of silver/bronze offering and lvl 17 blues are pretty useless (those that needs it cannot win it). so if they can improve the award, it will make us wants to try in the tournament (say instead of 10-20 silver/bronze offering, change it to 1-3 gold offering).

alternatively, i thought the beast offering tournament vp tier award is a good idea (not that i make any offering), they can have more tier so that ppl with all kinds of GS can win something(e.g. start with 5000vp for first tier that reward 5 bronze or something)
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    Zombie invasion????!!!

I came in around December, never got to see that. :(

Sounds freaking awesome though.

It´s not as "cool" as it sounds tho :) You got vp for killing the mobs in maps that have some kind of zombie/undead in them. Think we got 3 diffrent kinds om undeads in total. Lower level mobs gave less vp. Still cooler then only having fuse/evolve/offering tourneys all the time.