Options

Compilation of Things.

UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
Ok, so most of you guys know me as the forum freak. You know, the one who is on forums practically 24/7. You can find me in almost in every thread, whether it's bashing on Glu, ****ing off admins and moderators, or, very rarely, providing helpful insight and tips in EW3. Anyway, I feel that I should make a thread combining all the issues that I have, and from what I have asked people.

1. Selling bug. That's all there is to it.

2. Difficulty in the original maps. Seriously. People who played beta got to buy pots with gold. Now, we have to pay with gems, and on top of that, we also have to deal with triple the hardness? I just went through legendary Thrundheim. The enemies are the same difficulty as endless floor 110-115. Don't give me that rune BS. This is simply unbalanced and unfair to new players.

3. Drop rates. The drop rates are abysmal now. Hellboy rarely drops shards and unbreakables. Out of 8-10 hours I have spent farming him this fusion tourney, I have received around 3 shards. That. Is. BS.

4. Runes! Runes! Runes! Another gem heavy concept! This idea will be less popular among greedy Glu executives, but I would love to see the combining rune thing stop. Seriously.

Low chance of failure to normal people: 5-10%

Glu's low chance of failure: 40%

Moderate chance of failure to normal people: 30-40 percent.\

Glu's moderate chance of failure: 80%

High chance of failure: DO I EVEN NEED TO SAY THAT?!

Anyway, the removing runes cost is insane, too.

I would love to see this whole "rune" thing overthrown. I don't care about anyone else. Like most people, I want it completely gone. It has messed up the entire game, and has cause countless people to quit.

6. Personal: Please bring back Jade Forest Cyclops. PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE???????

7. Start paying more attention to customers. Yes, we get that you need to make money. But there are other ways. League of Legends is insanely popular. Why? It's free to play, and you can get everything. The only thing you really pay for is skins, and from what I've heard (I don't play), they're like wings in EW3. But people still buy these accessories. So start listening to US. We're giving you money. We want a good game. There's no point in putting money into EW3 if Glu's just going to make more updates to suck it.

8. IIF. Shut up people. It doesn't help. And I asked around, and a lot of elite players think this too. Seriously. There is no evidence that it does help. In my experience, it doesn't help. In almost everyone's experience, it DOES NOT HELP. It's like the placebo effect. It gives off an ILLUSION. Sad thing is, everyone has seen the light. So I would, and many others, would like IIF to be useful. If we go into endless with 400% IIF, we would like it to have a significant difference over 100% IIF.

9. Game crashing. Inability to play. This goes out to all the guys whose games have crashed in endless. This goes out to the iPhone 4/4s players who updated.

Like a lot of people, I think this game is amazing. Well, until Glu got their dirty hands on it. But listen to us, Glu, and both sides can be happy.

This is UltraSceptile. Thank you for reading. Please no trolling. That's MY JOB.

Again, UltraSceptile, signing off.....:)
UltraSceptile~Forums King.

Comments

• Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Thanks for the compilation. It's actually helpful to have things in one place to direct the team.

I've seen over and over the request to bring back the Jade Forest Cyclops and have discussed this directly with the team. If it came back, it is highly unlikely it would come back the same way as you once experienced it.

Would you (and everyone else) still want that back, even if it were different?
  • Options
    As long as the new Jade Cyclops drops Gold Lvl 44 weapons, yes, I would like it back.
  • Options
    As long as the new Jade Cyclops drops Gold Lvl 44 weapons, yes, I would like it back.

Well, that's exactly my point- what if it didn't have the drops you came to expect?
  • Options
    The thing is that a lot of people like JonWayne got to farm Jade Cyclops for a gold lvl 44 for all three characters. So it gave him an advantage over people like me, who barely had time to get Vortex Blade from him. And that's not really fair to the rest of us.
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Well, that's exactly my point- what if it didn't have the drops you came to expect?

Then forget about it, lol. The reason I got so mad with Jade Ronin was because of no Godly drops. It was a real downgrade from JC.
  • Options
    Well, sure, with any game that's the benefit of being an "early adopter." You get in early before balance changes or debilitating bugs or any of the other stuff that happens along the way; other folks may randomly find themselves in the middle of a bug that gives them some exploit advantage, only to have it patched the next day. There's a whole other thread in another game about how different people are seeing different sales- all because things are constantly changing with "limited time" discounts and ever-closing and opening windows.

What's "fair" is a moving target with any gameplay experience or game development that happens in an ongoing manner such as mobile games. But your point is taken.
  • Options
    RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    Agree with you completely on runes ultra. I posted in suggestions how this should be handled and what kind of runes SHOULD have been added. Nuthin more to say about it.

As for jc. Here are my thoughts. This is a farming game. As in you kill something over and over in order to get a prize worth the effort. If you add another boss like ronin whats the point. There was nothing to farm there outside of wings. And some people got them in 20 kills. So what is really the incentive for killing him. None. If your not going to make something worth our time then just dont add it. Itll just **** people off and start more hate threads.

Only thing i would like to add to your fixes list ultra is IIF. It should be a meaningful stat. There are numerous threads on this and i don't think i have ever actually seen it addressed by admin. I am not going to list runs, kills, how many times i ran a lvl or killed something blah blah blah. I have been playing quite awhile as most know and is evidenced by my characters. My IIF is vastly different between them all, yet, they all really get the same drop rates as the next. Now this is fine, just get rid of the IIF stat if its not going to mean anything. Or put some stock in it.
  • Options
    Jt11727Jt11727 Registered Users 25 Posts
    I agree with everything ultra has said. And also dont bring jade forest cyclops back unless he drops gold lvl 44 weapons thats what everyone wants!
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    1- name change please.

2- new level cap

2b - new items matching the level cap

re runes - they are ok, though, as has been suggested, maybe remove the elements (I know, thats a big thing) and just buff current stats.
  • Options
    GabryluxGabrylux Registered Users 67 Posts
    Game crashing to ipad mini ever 10-15 minutes......
  • Options
    SpronkSpronk Registered Users 51 Posts
    There is no point of bringing Jade Cyclops back if he is going to be JC 1.2 (3 times harder and no drops).

Why doesn't Glu make 3 additional toons that require gems to unlock; Necromancer, Ranger,etc. Don't go all Glu on them and make them better than the other characters so you HAVE to buy them if you want to experience the full game. There are ways to add iems that generate revenue and I fully support the devs making good money for a good game.

I have been playing daily since the update and have not changed out one piece of gear. I have a sword, chest and boots in the bag that I can't get regs for. I am 6 skills behind because I need about 5 million to learn them.

Last two days, I logged in and went meh... Anyone who plays games knows what it means when you start doing that.
  • Options
    XephraimXephraim Registered Users 130 Posts
    People only want the jade cyclops back because of the T8 drops. They don't want a jade cyclops with the same drops as risen ronin. Please remind that Gluadmin. People want a different way to farm godly gear than endless. I guess that problem can be fixxed with a 4th kingdom Boss stage. Anyway a jade forest wouldn't be bad because of additional quests and good coin farming. ( I'm lvl 50 and 8 skill upgrades behind).

It's good to hear so positiv from forum admin.
  • Options
    GrandudiusGrandudius Registered Users 37 Posts
    Spronk wrote: »
    There is no point of bringing Jade Cyclops back if he is going to be JC 1.2 (3 times harder and no drops).

Why doesn't Glu make 3 additional toons that require gems to unlock; Necromancer, Ranger,etc. Don't go all Glu on them and make them better than the other characters so you HAVE to buy them if you want to experience the full game. There are ways to add iems that generate revenue and I fully support the devs making good money for a good game.

I have been playing daily since the update and have not changed out one piece of gear. I have a sword, chest and boots in the bag that I can't get regs for. I am 6 skills behind because I need about 5 million to learn them.

Last two days, I logged in and went meh... Anyone who plays games knows what it means when you start doing that.]

Must admit, the past couple of days, i've really felt like that I'm trying to get these "free gems" but 9/10 of the offers i do, just wont pay out... even after screenshots (I have complained to them and it's like im always fallen on deaf ears).

Again, I too, have been playing everyday since the game first came out and now after all this, it has got incredibly frustrating and considered hanging up my gloves. I'm just a casual player. It helps me relax after a hard day. But now, well... you get the picture
  • Options
    JohnBoy12JohnBoy12 Registered Users 129 Posts
    Grandudius wrote: »
    Must admit, the past couple of days, i've really felt like that I'm trying to get these "free gems" but 9/10 of the offers i do, just wont pay out... even after screenshots (I have complained to them and it's like im always fallen on deaf ears).

Again, I too, have been playing everyday since the game first came out and now after all this, it has got incredibly frustrating and considered hanging up my gloves. I'm just a casual player. It helps me relax after a hard day. But now, well... you get the picture

tapjoy took a little while to get to my ticket but I got gems like a week after my ticket so hopefully they get to you on your issue.

The drops are what keep people going in this game. things vary a lot too like those wings on ronin which took me roughly 700 kills to get on one character. didn't even try with others. Basically we just want more than one reward for our hours spent and money. If the 44 weapon would drop from jade clops again I am sure people would farm it as long as it takes.

Runes- if we aren't going to have better drops rate on greens-purples at least increase the drops on the lesser since failure rates are high. I don't want to spend all the effort to get 5-10 lesser runes on 50 levels of endless and not even have enough matching runes to combine, not to mention the fail rate.

scaling back in the right areas will still generate the money for iap but the game will become a ghost town real soon if simple things aren't adjusted.
  • Options
    If anyone has any other good suggestions, or actual constructive criticism, post down below.
  • Options
    If anyone has any other good suggestions, or actual constructive criticism, post down below.
    ive had tons ultra. Thats why they are posted in suggestion forum lol. Its nice you want all suggestions in one thread i guess. But then whats the point of a suggestion forum. In individual ideas are much easier to spot and comment on. If everything were in one thread that would get pretty messy.
  • Options
    Rentoc wrote: »
    ive had tons ultra. Thats why they are posted in suggestion forum lol. Its nice you want all suggestions in one thread i guess. But then whats the point of a suggestion forum. In individual ideas are much easier to spot and comment on. If everything were in one thread that would get pretty messy.

I don't want ideas or suggestions. I want constructive criticism on this particular rune update. And IIF seems to have been nerfed due to the fact that drop rates have been considerably lowered. I see no difference between 170% and 400% at LHB.
  • Options
    Freddy406Freddy406 Registered Users 260 Posts
    I wanted to say something but I repeated myself over and over again in the past. Plus, you pretty much said everything ultra. JC should be back with godly lvl 44 items, if not, lets forget about jade cuz it sucks. Also, lets fix all these bugs, my god it can't be that hard. After 1000 kills, I didn't even get these storm wings! After 2500 kills, I still never got the wings in hellboy! Im tired of this ***t man! I never fakking got any wings! Glu admin, I'm back to complaining now but thanks again for endless mode.
  • Options
    Freddy406 wrote: »
    Glu admin, I'm back to complaining now

Welcome back to the dark side. we're glad to have you back.:)
  • Options
    Gotcha ultra. Nothing else i can add to rune topic i haven't already suggested. And we all know iif has been discarded for quite awhile now. I do remember way back when i could actually see the difference when killing lhb. Now no difference at all.

The tower is a bit erratic with drops but overall I'm satisfied with it, minus the stupid àss ticket thing.

And on a side note concerning a new jade forest. We all hated ronin right. And for me it was mainly because he extremely rarely dropped anything over a green. I would be ok with a new jade forest without tier 8 drops. But only if it had drops equivalent to at least LHB, meaning rare drops including dpss, and new wings of course. Make it at least farm worthy for cash if not tier 8. And that goes for the other two bosses with respect to their gs equivalent bosses. Gotta give us a reason to farm other than a chance at wings you may or may not see.

Im perfectly fine with godly only being in tower now that it is much easier to run. Every place in game should have its purpose for being there. With drops unique to it. Jade forest is where wings should be obtainable, just gotta also be something there time worthy until they actually give wings stats.
  • Options
    sergiu111sergiu111 Registered Users 109 Posts
    IIF should be removed. Now, why am I saying such blasphemy? Well, from what I've noticed the developers balance the drop rates around 450% IIF which happens to be max IIF attainable by end-game people only. It is arguable whether or not IIF actually works, but I think it works, in very small measure that is. Think about it this way: If an item has 0.5% drop rate multiplying this by 4 is not going to make any difference that you can directly observe. You'd need to do the same thing (i.e:kill LHB) over 10000 times to get any conclusive results, which is downright insane.
    Imagine if IIF wasn't a stat. Devs would properly balance drop rates and we wouldn't have to worry about a stat that doesn't help us in combat.
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    sergiu111 wrote: »
    IIF should be removed. Now, why am I saying such blasphemy? Well, from what I've noticed the developers balance the drop rates around 400% IIF which happens to be max IIF attainable by end-game people only. It is arguable whether or not IIF actually works, but I think it works, in very small measure that is. Think about it this way: If an item has 0.5% drop rate multiplying this by 4 is not going to make any difference that you can directly observe. You'd need to do the same thing (i.e:kill LHB) over 10000 times to get any conclusive results, which is downright insane.
    Imagine if IIF wasn't a stat. Devs would properly balance drop rates and we wouldn't have to worry about a stat that doesn't help us in combat.

I think thats a good idea. Either eliminate IIF or, make it work properly so you actually have a big advantage with high IIF. side note - my (lv50) mage has with only 4 pieces of godly has 426.8% IIF. I would guess the top is around 450.