Options

Bait and switch?!?

VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
I addressed this in another thread started by enriqueg(shout out), but I wanted to start a new one to further emphasize this point.

What Glu did by lowering the difficulty but also nerfing drop rates is the epitome of a classic bait and switch. They make you think the game is easier now, because enemies are easier to kill, however with the horrific drop rates, good gear is now harder to obtain, making it just as difficult to advance since the game is predicated on gear. The main stat in considering the power of your hero is called Gear Score for cyin out loud!

So basically, they appealed to players who could not not beat bosses or advance because they either lacked the skills(should not be playing this game anyway) or weren't willing to put in the time(again, should not be playing this game), while screwing the rest of us over. Its absolutely not fair.

If you want to lower the difficulty to appeal to a wider base of players then lower the difficulty, fine, but don't nerf the drop rates to hell screwing over players who invest time and maybe money, and now can't even get a legendary drop in hundreds of kills.

Just saying..

Vykus

Comments

• Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Yea. From what I've seen, drop rates are a lot worse. I spent three days farming Leg Cyclops for gold lvl31, and I never got a single gold, until yesterday. (Good thing it was the gold lvl31 I wanted). But I got a whopping 3 soul shards From him. 10 hours worth of farming for 3 shards?! BS.

But I'm ok. I like how they lowered difficulty.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    Slickster2Slickster2 Registered Users 12 Posts
    I'm pretty much opposite right now. Just a general purpose statement- rare means rare. As it should. And I've actually seen a good increase in the drop rate. Can't give a ratio really but just over the weekend I've gotten a few trancendant items, chad, other gold swords. And enough dpss and hearts to level up my lvl44 butcher sword. I think there's a few too many whiners (kids probably) that play this game. If I had to guess.
  • Options
    MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    I addressed this in another thread started by enriqueg(shout out), but I wanted to start a new one to further emphasize this point.

What Glu did by lowering the difficulty but also nerfing drop rates is the epitome of a classic bait and switch. They make you think the game is easier now, because enemies are easier to kill, however with the horrific drop rates, good gear is now harder to obtain, making it just as difficult to advance since the game is predicated on gear. The main stat in considering the power of your hero is called Gear Score for cyin out loud!

So basically, they appealed to players who could not not beat bosses or advance because they either lacked the skills(should not be playing this game anyway) or weren't willing to put in the time(again, should not be playing this game), while screwing the rest of us over. Its absolutely not fair.

If you want to lower the difficulty to appeal to a wider base of players then lower the difficulty, fine, but don't nerf the drop rates to hell screwing over players who invest time and maybe money, and now can't even get a legendary drop in hundreds of kills.

Just saying..

Vykus

As I noted elsewhere, there was no intentional change of drop rate. We can review the data to see if there is a bug, but there was no bait and switch. If we were going to lower drop rates, we would have mentioned it. Also, as others have mentioned, they are seeing better drop rates than before the patch. Our current data suggests that drop rates are the same (random is random), but we will investigate this some more.
  • Options
    Moloch wrote: »
    As I noted elsewhere, there was no intentional change of drop rate. We can review the data to see if there is a bug, but there was no bait and switch. If we were going to lower drop rates, we would have mentioned it. Also, as others have mentioned, they are seeing better drop rates than before the patch. Our current data suggests that drop rates are the same (random is random), but we will investigate this some more.

I appreciate the response Moloch, however I think you need to analyze the data a little better. I have played 8+ hours/day after patch and I believe have a large enough sample size to determine the drop rates are not the same as they were pre-update. If the drop rates weren't touched then I apologize, but it just doesn't seem logically feasible for the immense difference in drops I have received pre and post update.

Anyway thanks for the investigating

Vykus
  • Options
    LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
    Drop rates didn't change. I was getting a shower of useless yellows from bellboy yesterday.
    While playing for few hours i think i sold more than 20 and got 5 soul shards which is what i usually get.

I am not really sure why you care about drop rates, you will need to kill bosses for gold and tournaments x100 more times than you otherwise would for gear.
  • Options
    Lieto wrote: »
    Drop rates didn't change. I was getting a shower of useless yellows from bellboy yesterday.
    While playing for few hours i think i sold more than 20 and got 5 soul shards which is what i usually get.

I am not really sure why you care about drop rates, you will need to kill bosses for gold and tournaments x100 more times than you otherwise would for gear.

Not really sure what you mean exactly. I understand I will have to kill bosses for coins, however I want to be able to obtain gear that I need to advance, especially since I am coming up to the end game(Lhellboy, endless 100+ farming, etc). I don't want to fight bosses(LN,LH) over and over and only get greens, greys, and occasional blue and hardly ever a purple or gold. This is how it has been for me since the update. I had 17 DC SShards from farming LN before the update, and honestly this is not a lie I have played MORE after the update and have received 1 DC SShard. Also I farmed 3 Transcendent pieces before the update, none after the update. Same with gold weapons; got like 4 gold swords from LN before the update(all except Chad grrr), not one since.

Maybe this is all random coincidence, but I think it bears mentioning as it seems more to me than just bad luck.