Prev1

Comments

• Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Well, this sucks. PvP will automatically come with PvP tournaments with good prizes. Is this some kind of flare to attract hackers?

And if that's not the case.....we all know who's gonna win. The ones that will spend thousands of dollars.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    XephraimXephraim Registered Users 130 Posts
    Just one word needed:

AWESOME!!!
  • Options
    mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    You have a complaint for everything dont you Ultra.

looking forward to this though im sure there will be tons of bugs most likely another ticket renewal thing for how many times you can battle.
    ;)
  • Options
    mohican wrote: »
    You have a complaint for everything dont you Ultra.

looking forward to this though im sure there will be tons of bugs most likely another ticket renewal thing for how many times you can battle.

Yea, i have a complaint for everything.

I used to always be excited by upcoming updates that Moloch and Gluadmin post on forums. And each time....i am disappointed. The only good one was the lowering of difficulty...but that was only to get rid of a previous mistake. So forgive me if I have no faith in EW3. I think the game is good the way it is now.

And can you deny that hackers will destroy EW3? Or can you deny that there will be people who will pay to win to be on top?
  • Options
    EvilButNiceEvilButNice Registered Users 55 Posts
    I dont think this is a good idea as of this point in time while cheaters flooding the server of EW3...ill bet a million bucks if you can beat out a cheater in God mode unlimited HP and MP with no cooldown on skills...sigh..
  • Options
    Freddy406Freddy406 Registered Users 260 Posts
    Yea, i have a complaint for everything.

I used to always be excited by upcoming updates that Moloch and Gluadmin post on forums. And each time....i am disappointed. The only good one was the lowering of difficulty...but that was only to get rid of a previous mistake. So forgive me if I have no faith in EW3. I think the game is good the way it is now.

And can you deny that hackers will destroy EW3? Or can you deny that there will be people who will pay to win to be on top?

They can block hackers from going to pvp just like ew2. Don't worry too much about that. It wouldn't get released if hackers couldn't get controlled.
  • Options
    Freddy406 wrote: »
    They can block hackers from going to pvp just like ew2. Don't worry too much about that. It wouldn't get released if hackers couldn't get controlled.

I'm not worrying. I'm not even gonna play it. I have no chance against some noob like Trapeciya who spent hundreds for all gold runes and will willingly spend hundreds on revives for one match in a PvP tournament.

So even without hackers....PvP is just gonna be slaughter house for anyone who doesn't want to play dirty. From the looks of it, PvP is just gonna be for those who will shamelessly spar in a contest to see who can waste the most money.
  • Options
    RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    Freddy406 wrote: »
    they cant control hackers on endless tourney and yet they keep bringing it back. I also dont have much faith.

That being said i am still stupidly holding out hope that this will revive the game. If it costs tickets though im done. I am pretty much content with the game now minus the bugs and stupid àss gem requirements for anything to do with the runes. The ticket system is my one true hate of this game. If pvp uses the tickets also i can see alot of people just abandoning all hope.
  • Options
    Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    Sounds fun(:

+1 woot :)
    -Sagelz
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    Here an Idea, Put opponent life bar at top left like bosses, and show their name and MP too. so if they hack and deal massive damage of using skill with out losing any MP, we can screen shot it with their name easily and report them here.
  • Options
    Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    Cash has no effect on PvP,
    -Sagelz
  • Options
    Big Sage wrote: »
    Cash has no effect on PvP,

Really? I thought people will be able to spam revives for twenty years if they had the money. And i think Glu will want that.

But if no money is involved, then PvP might actually be fun.
  • Options
    LactrixLactrix Registered Users 141 Posts
    Really? I thought people will be able to spam revives for twenty years if they had the money. And i think Glu will want that.

But if no money is involved, then PvP might actually be fun.

using pots in PvP is not PvP. I hope glu listens if pots are not allowed and inget my last 4gold needed il be in the top for sure so im looking forward to this
  • Options
    nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    As stated above, I really hope there will be absolutely no way for real cash to interfere with PvP tournaments.

If 10k gs is not equal to 10k gs, then the game will suffer.
  • Options
    Cash will be involved of course for gems for pvp. Just like ew2 there will be battle energy where using 1 gives you one pvp battle and it renews with time but you can buy more with gems like the tower of heroes. Therefore the more money/gems you have the more times you get to play and the more chances you have of winning.
    ;)
  • Options
    d1ck42od1ck42o Registered Users 49 Posts
    So no real new information. We know it's comming, don't know when. We are skeptic about tickets or how it will function, other than it will be fun as hell. We also still know ultra will ***** about anything because his allowance won't let him finish higher because his skills don't pay the bills.
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    Well, this sucks. PvP will automatically come with PvP tournaments with good prizes. Is this some kind of flare to attract hackers?

And if that's not the case.....we all know who's gonna win. The ones that will spend thousands of dollars.

Ofcourse you wount be able to spam revives in there. Yes there might be a use gems to do more PvP fights if there is a limit witch it sure can be as on the tower. I´m really looking forward to this update and it will be a great addition to the game if done right. And about all that complains about players who spend thousands of dollars to reach the top, it's thanks to them this game exist and make it possible for every freeloader (like yourself if you really havent spent anything) to enjoy the game. So instead of complaining say "THANK YOU" to thoose who do spend a bunch of $$$.
    This is one of few games where they acctually can´t buy themself to a spot where they are waaay overpowered compared to non-paying customers, it just goes faster to reach that end game gear for the paying players. If you think that is a good thing or not is up to what kind of player you are. I myself really enjoy to finally get my hand on something I´ve been fighting hard for and would not want everything handed to me for cash.

You will not participate in the PvP? I really doubt that. 0.0
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaL wrote: »
    Ofcourse you wount be able to spam revives in there. Yes there might be a use gems to do more PvP fights if there is a limit witch it sure can be as on the tower. I´m really looking forward to this update and it will be a great addition to the game if done right. And about all that complains about players who spend thousands of dollars to reach the top, it's thanks to them this game exist and make it possible for every freeloader (like yourself if you really havent spent anything) to enjoy the game. So instead of complaining say "THANK YOU" to thoose who do spend a bunch of $$$.
    This is one of few games where they acctually can´t buy themself to a spot where they are waaay overpowered compared to non-paying customers, it just goes faster to reach that end game gear for the paying players. If you think that is a good thing or not is up to what kind of player you are. I myself really enjoy to finally get my hand on something I´ve been fighting hard for and would not want everything handed to me for cash.

You will not participate in the PvP? I really doubt that. 0.0

I will NEVER participate in a tournament where all you have to do is spend money and win. I call that BS. I will probably only play against friends if we can do that.

I never complained about how people spend money to make their way to the top of the gs leaderboard. I do have a problem where people can spam revives in PvP. That's just sickening. I find it insulting that a company will destroy the heavily skill based competition like PvP and turn it into a money grabbing operation.
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    I will NEVER participate in a tournament where all you have to do is spend money and win. I call that BS. I will probably only play against friends if we can do that.

I never complained about how people spend money to make their way to the top of the gs leaderboard. I do have a problem where people can spam revives in PvP. That's just sickening. I find it insulting that a company will destroy the heavily skill based competition like PvP and turn it into a money grabbing operation.

I got no problem about those that spend money.
    Let them spend as much as they need, for I will be there to make sure that they have to spend more and more every time they face me.

What I worry is those free revive from gem hack. There is no point in fighting, if it dont even do damage to their wallet :P
  • Options
    LactrixLactrix Registered Users 141 Posts
    I agree on one point, im thankful for the paying players. But do respect them!? HELL NO! Why? Because they are the same scrub me and my mates in wow used to boost to 2,5k+ rating in arena and rbg since tbc. 0 skill just deep pockets, funny as **** when you see a gladiator ranked person keyboard turn and gets killed sub 1500rated guys. So i really hope pvp will be what pvp i suposed to be about. Skills, fast reactions, tacticts
  • Options
    VoidBlader wrote: »
    I got no problem about those that spend money.
    Let them spend as much as they need, for I will be there to make sure that they have to spend more and more every time they face me.

What I worry is those free revive from gem hack. There is no point in fighting, if it dont even do damage to their wallet :P

Hacking is completely ridiculous. That just sucks.

As for PvP, i don't care. But if there is a PVP TOURNAMENT with a really good prize, I'm going to be ****ed if someone decides to pay money and cheat me out of my reward.
  • Options
    Lactrix wrote: »
    I agree on one point, im thankful for the paying players. But do respect them!? HELL NO! Why? Because they are the same scrub me and my mates in wow used to boost to 2,5k+ rating in arena and rbg since tbc. 0 skill just deep pockets, funny as **** when you see a gladiator ranked person keyboard turn and gets killed sub 1500rated guys. So i really hope pvp will be what pvp i suposed to be about. Skills, fast reactions, tacticts

Wait what!? Who said anything about respect them? I said exactly your first statement, you should be thankful they exist.

UltraSceptile, I´m pretty sure you have earlier stated a bunch of times how you hate that people spends so much cash on this and that. But well if you haven´t then forget it my bad then.

But about this, so you are ranting and flaming about something you yet know nothing about? You say you have a problem peope can spam revives in PvP, and how insulting it is that a company will destroy the heavily skill based competition like PvP and turn it into a money grabbing operation as if this was something confirmed and announced by the company. o.0 Yes if you can spam revives and potions in PvP I will hate it as well but seriously I really think chances of this happening is slim to none so calm the fk down with the ranting untill you know anything.
  • Options
    Ok. I revise my earlier statements.

If no money is involved in PvP, then I will love it.

if there is money or tickets or pots allowed, I will spam forums with my hate.
  • Options
    Ok. I revise my earlier statements.

If no money is involved in PvP, then I will love it.

if there is money or tickets or pots allowed, I will spam forums with my hate.

Then we are almost agreeing :) cause if there is revives or infinite potions allowed then I will hate it as well.
    But tickets or some kind of refilling energy as in EW2 I kind of expecting it to be. So someone who pays will probably be able to fight more then someone who don´t. But when a fight begins and its paying player vs non paying the most skilled and yes geared player will still win so hopefully no money involved in the fight itself.

I really hope they have the structure where a win vs someone higher gives +amount of ladder points and a loss vs someone around your ranking or under means -amount of ladder points. With that someone paying yes will have more fights to practice and try to climb but if they suck then they will still drop the ladder. And someone skilled will keep climbing and reach the top no matter how few fights he does.
  • Options
    But tickets or some kind of refilling energy as in EW2 I kind of expecting it to be. So someone who pays will probably be able to fight more then someone who don´t. But when a fight begins and its paying player vs non paying the most skilled and yes geared player will still win so hopefully no money involved in the fight itself.

I really hope they have the structure where a win vs someone higher gives +amount of ladder points and a loss vs someone around your ranking or under means -amount of ladder points. With that someone paying yes will have more fights to practice and try to climb but if they suck then they will still drop the ladder. And someone skilled will keep climbing and reach the top no matter how few fights he does.

Ladder ranking like in Pokemon Showdown would be awesome.

And I don't mind energy refill....as long it's not too ridiculous. Like in endless, you can only play twice every 3-4 hours. If the same thing is implemented in PvP....that would suck.
  • Options

So you never compain about how some people spend money huh? Funny cause first thread I clicked on since I saw your name on it just happened to be one example of you calling thoose people for idiots, thats not complaining?

"For every 1000 people who get mad and leave, there will always be that one person who blows thousands of dollars. So they make a really nice profit. Of course, the games reputation gets ruined, but seriously, do they care? Nah, just make a new game and some idiots will pull out their big fat wallets."
  • Options
    So you never compain about how some people spend money huh? Funny cause first thread I clicked on since I saw your name on it just happened to be one example of you calling thoose people for idiots, thats not complaining?

"For every 1000 people who get mad and leave, there will always be that one person who blows thousands of dollars. So they make a really nice profit. Of course, the games reputation gets ruined, but seriously, do they care? Nah, just make a new game and some idiots will pull out their big fat wallets."

That was a while back....now i don't care anymore.

And besides, did i not say the truth? Just make a new game and people will come running to spend obscene amounts of money.

I never complained how people paid money to become good. I complained how Glu was changing how they make money. They want a small amount of people spending a lot of money, not a large amount of players each spending a little bit.
  • Options
    Ladder ranking like in Pokemon Showdown would be awesome.

And I don't mind energy refill....as long it's not too ridiculous. Like in endless, you can only play twice every 3-4 hours. If the same thing is implemented in PvP....that would suck.

Hha Showdown? PO > PS . Been a while since I had a competitive battle but wouldnt mind playing you if you still do yourself.
    ;)
  • Options
    mohican wrote: »
    Hha Showdown? PO > PS . Been a while since I had a competitive battle but wouldnt mind playing you if you still do yourself.

I havent tried PO. I'll take you in Gen 6 OU. I'm not that good though, since i dont play competitively that much anymore. But i still do enjoy a good battle every once in a while.

My username is UltraSceptile in PS.
This discussion has been closed.