Options

PVP update is fantastic Glu. Thank you

MixtacyMixtacy Registered Users 68 Posts
Nobody says nice things anymore so I guess I will atleast give credit where it is due.
I just want to say thank you for finally adding PVP as it was asked for by many in the community. This proves to me you do actually listen to users and I am sure you have a lot planned down the pipeline.

please dont reply saying how this update sucks because of unbalanced characters, lag, or the hundred of other reasons why you think glu should do something like they owe it to you.

PS.

Lag: There's way too many scenarios to come to any logical conclusion for a fix. Without the data that is. sooo.. Glu. please fix it. =)

Runners: Fix. Just have the match be a draw and losing only a couple points each. The only reason anybody would purposely try for a draw is because he/she figured that a win was impossible but I don't think it would be such an issue.
IGN for EW3 is Synia

Called the cops cause your mom hit you? Why not report her for raising your silly A**

Comments

• Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Agreed. PvP has both made me love the game and hate it at the same time.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Mixtacy wrote: »
    Nobody says nice things anymore so I guess I will atleast give credit where it is due.
    I just want to say thank you for finally adding PVP as it was asked for by many in the community. This proves to me you do actually listen to users and I am sure you have a lot planned down the pipeline.

please dont reply saying how this update sucks because of unbalanced characters, lag, or the hundred of other reasons why you think glu should do something like they owe it to you.

PS.

Lag: There's way too many scenarios to come to any logical conclusion for a fix. Without the data that is. sooo.. Glu. please fix it. =)

Runners: Fix. Just have the match be a draw and losing only a couple points each. The only reason anybody would purposely try for a draw is because he/she figured that a win was impossible but I don't think it would be such an issue.

Glad you are enjoying it. And thanks for the additional feedback.
  • Options
    BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts

Is it me, or did you immediately follow this statement with two points you don't like about pvp? Or did you mean critiques are ok provided we are delicate in the delivery?

I'm not sure anyone would argue that lag sucks...

Runners, sucks to face one, and tbh probably sucks to be one. I'm sure most of the mages and monks are not as cowardly as they appear to a warrior trying to even touch one. Warrior: "time the dash, time the dash, time the dash.... dammit! Missed! :("
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    I've mentioned this before in a thread but seeming as thought his is a dedicated thread for positive feedback ill say again I'm happy with it.

I've only played about 15 matches, but must have been lucky as I haven't encountered a runner or a hacker yet. I have encountered the warrior spamming block/parry but beat him 3-1 with mage.
  • Options
    AleksieAleksie Registered Users 72 Posts
    Brutal wrote: »
    Warrior: "time the dash, time the dash, time the dash.... dammit! Missed! :("

I died laughing! Yeah, I no longer play my 11k gs warrior that gets partnered with a 12k mage who just wipes the floor with me. I play with my 800gs mage and win almost every time :)
    Nymphos forever~LaRusse~IGN Aleksie
  • Options
    AleksieAleksie Registered Users 72 Posts

PS.

I second you Mixtacy....I am falling in love with EW3 all over again. I love pvp and all the little details GLU has incorporated, like the little timer that tells when your guild members have logged on. It's pretty fantastic. So, kudos to GLU, keep it up.

LaRusse
    Nymphos forever~LaRusse~IGN Aleksie
  • Options
    BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    Aleksie wrote: »
    I love pvp and all the little details GLU has incorporated, like the little timer that tells when your guild members have logged on. It's pretty fantastic.

I'm *so* a fan of little things, mostly stuff that shouldn't take too much to code. The last-login timer is a great example. Add the ability to sort guild members by VP earned during tourneys (or a guild filter on the tournament high scores) and I'm that much closer to heaven.
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
  • Options
    bryblunbryblun Registered Users 148 Posts
    No, PVP is not fantastic, it's bad. The whole idea is good, but it should be shut down for huge repairs - autokick laggers, nerf mage (and no, winning against a SMART mage not an idiot is impossible), do something with strange bugs like disappearing HUD (I have a screenshot when it happened to me) etc..
    EVERYBODY - DON'T BUY GEMS TILL HACKER PROBLEM IS SOLVED