Options

my monk is in a pickle.

ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
So my level 40 monk has only 3200 GS and literally no IF (maybe 30 or so). The problem for me is that he has too weak of gear to progress to LNian, but the offerings I win use demon prince gear--which is problematic due to the fact that demon prince stuff can only be found past LNian.

My IF is too low too effectively drop any purple demon champion gear what so ever, and demon champion hearts are extremely rare (trust me, IF makes a difference).

I am left with two options, farm demon gear which is stepping back to normal hell boy through cyclops and retracing my steps or I use my 9000 GS mage to win offerings for demon prince reagents and gear, while pitifully attempting to level my monk.

Or I can use the super expensive method of using gems I win through pvp tournaments and free offers and buy my way up...

What do you suggest?

Comments

• Options
    griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts
    I used my 12.6 GS Warrior to pile up battle offerings - then claimed them with my monk. The offerings were useless for warrior since the bulk of the stuff was too low level considering the gear that I already had.
  • Options
    griml0ck wrote: »
    I used my 12.6 GS Warrior to pile up battle offerings - then claimed them with my monk. The offerings were useless for warrior since the bulk of the stuff was too low level considering the gear that I already had.

That's exactly what I have in mind. However, most of the stuff won from battle offerings are too high of level to use on my monk. Right now I'm farming two silver and 2 iron offerings at wolf man trying to get impervious but silver offerings don't drop jack... I've used well over 40 and I haven't received one...
  • Options
    Yash ChawlaYash Chawla Registered Users 82 Posts
    Of all the options my friend I think so you should degrade a little bit get your iif big and get legendary gear or epic and then go ahead again cause 30 Iif is gonna cost you lots of problems!
    Also known as - psyched!
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Forget IIF. Just continue to farm Leg Cyclops until you get lvl31 gold. Then you should know what to do.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    Forget IIF. Just continue to farm Leg Cyclops until you get lvl31 gold. Then you should know what to do.

I have no reagents to upgrade a 31 gold nor do I have IIF to find them. I'm backtracking with demon gear so once I have over 100 IIF, I can start farming places for dc hearts.
  • Options
    I would say IIF is useless after 200%, but it's definitely needed if you're under 100. A full set of 15/15 epic demon gear is a lot better than 10/10 rare demon champ gear.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    ThinIce wrote: »
    I would say IIF is useless after 200%, but it's definitely needed if you're under 100. A full set of 15/15 epic demon gear is a lot better than 10/10 rare demon champ gear.

It's pretty useless to me all the time. I usually have it at around 150% at end game, so I'm guessing my IIF was pitiful before that. And for DC reagents, the best level is Devils Forest. Farm Temples Secret Chamber for hearts.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    I'm just going off what I notice between my mage and monk. I can find a blue or purple almost each run I go with a 200 IF mage, while it takes me 3 or 4 runs to find one blue with a monk with 40 IF.

I'm not even at temple chamber. I should try as soon as I get enough gear. I'm only at 3000.
  • Options
    JohnBoy12JohnBoy12 Registered Users 129 Posts
    I pretty much just took all the offerings won in tourneys to get the reagents I needed on my low character but now the tourney rewards lean more towards runes and you don't get as many iron or silver offerings. guess you just need to keep grinding or drop some cash on gems.