Options

Glu censorship

JakeFJakeF Registered Users 62 Posts
I fully expect to be warned or kicked from the forums for even asking this question.

But hey.

Why, using the in-game chat, does it pop up with a box saying "This message contains inappropiate language" when you write the word Glu? If it's about preventing bashing it seems somewhat pathetic to me.

Don't get me wrong, foul language has no place in a game that can be played by those 9 years old and up.

But banning the word "Glu"? Seriously?

Comments

• Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Glu is freaking capitalism and communism combined, the worst of both worlds.

Capitalism: Support the rich.

Communism: Illegal to talk **** about your government (glu).
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    Glu is freaking capitalism and communism combined, the worst of both worlds.

Capitalism: Support the rich.

Communism: Illegal to talk **** about your government (glu).

So this is what happens when Kim Jong-un and the traders of Wall Street have coitus.

I don't like the result.
  • Options
    Of course, Glu never utilizes the good things about communism and capitalism.

Capitalism: Free country

Communism: Tries to be fair to both rich and poor.

This thread is getting banned for "bashing glu." But seriously admins and moderators, if you don't want us to bash on Glu, try and get the developers to make a better game.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    So now you're comparing playing a FREE game to communist regimes? You do realize how absurd this is, right?
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    So now you're comparing playing a FREE game to communist regimes? You do realize how absurd this is, right?

I live in America for free. I dont like the government. But i am allowed to say "this government sucks."

I say that on forums and i get banned.

Sure, comparing Glû and communism is quite a big of a stretch, but I'm sure you can see the similarities.
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Equal distribution of wealth? More like people who pay the most money for gems.

And yet an absolutely free game that somehow manages to get people to pay hundreds to thousands of dollars in.

I miss the 2010 era gameloft games. $6.99 flat fee for a good story, good game play, and relatively good graphic game.
  • Options
    Sadly, paying a flat fee for a game is no longer an option. Companies are getting much too greedy.

I heard in China, they're designing games that purposely force players to spend over 50 grand on one game, and they will still never beat it. This game model is what I call "********".

Glu's walking down that path. So are many other gaming companies.
  • Options
    ZabulonZabulon Registered Users 25 Posts
    Unfortunately games with cash shops are the better money making model.

All the big PC MMO are going this way as well, charge less for the game box, and charge you for consumables that are pretty much essential.

I much prefer paying more up front and having an even playing field, but greed won't allow that, and all the time people allow themselves to be used as cash cows it will only get worse.
  • Options
    Zabulon wrote: »
    Unfortunately games with cash shops are the better money making model.

All the big PC MMO are going this way as well, charge less for the game box, and charge you for consumables that are pretty much essential.

I much prefer paying more up front and having an even playing field, but greed won't allow that, and all the time people allow themselves to be used as cash cows it will only get worse.

To be honest I'm willing to pay a few dollars or more if the game itself is balanced and it's purely spent for vanities, but this game forces you to be super frugal on gem spending.

If it wasn't for free gem offers, I'm pretty sure I would have never made it to where I am now, especially in pvp.
  • Options
    ThinIce wrote: »
    To be honest I'm willing to pay a few dollars or more if the game itself is balanced and it's purely spent for vanities, but this game forces you to be super frugal on gem spending.

If it wasn't for free gem offers, I'm pretty sure I would have never made it to where I am now, especially in pvp.

Unfortunately, free gem offers are no longer an option for me. I have received the maximum amount of gems i am allowed to receive from tapjoy.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, free gem offers are no longer an option for me. I have received the maximum amount of gems i am allowed to receive from tapjoy.

Tapjoy has a limit? Didn't know that.

For android there's the option to watch videos which are repeated ads of games, shows, and other things for 1 gem.
  • Options
    ThinIce wrote: »
    Tapjoy has a limit? Didn't know that.

For android there's the option to watch videos which are repeated ads of games, shows, and other things for 1 gem.

No, no, no. Tapjoy gives you unlimited gems. But Glu has a limit. You hit that limit, and every single time you do an offer, you get a "data error" message, and then after that, you're screwed. No more tapjoy gems.

The watching videos thing is ok, but the videos are limited.
  • Options
    OnlylagcankilMeowOnlylagcankilMeow Registered Users 62 Posts
    This game is sux ahahahaha
  • Options
    No, no, no. Tapjoy gives you unlimited gems. But Glu has a limit. You hit that limit, and every single time you do an offer, you get a "data error" message, and then after that, you're screwed. No more tapjoy gems.

The watching videos thing is ok, but the videos are limited.

Oh that make sense. I've gotten quite a bit of gems from the videos; sometimes "watching them" for a whole 15 minutes with 30 gem payouts. Most of the time though it's 4 or 5, occasionally 7 or 8.
  • Options
    PyrodancerPyrodancer Registered Users 7 Posts
    Speaking of censorship get it together g l u. I've been seeing conversations that would make a hustler editor blush. If you make a kids game like this have some accountability with the chats. Little children play this
  • Options
    bryblunbryblun Registered Users 148 Posts
    They censor "Glu" cause they know the whole **** world hates them and wants them to burn.
    EVERYBODY - DON'T BUY GEMS TILL HACKER PROBLEM IS SOLVED
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »

Firstly I'd like to thank you for not closing/deleting this thread.

Secondly, the reason for the comparison with communism is nothing to do with the game itself but the attitude of the corporation behind it. I've found on many occasions that Glu will not tolerate discussion on its forums that sheds negative light upon the company.

There are members of my guild who have received bans for expressing the slightest criticism. And all too often we as players will be ignored for several weeks when raising genuine issues through the ticketing system. Hence the forums being the only way to get a message across.

Understandable, if you as a company are doing everything within your power to address players' concerns, fix bugs and even out the playing field for paying & non-paying consumers. In this case heavy criticism would probably be unwarranted.

However, we find ourselves in a situation where every new aspect introduced is a way of making Glu money, rather than an honest attempt to improve player experience. And we're getting sick of it. More and more players are leaving the game.

For example, people asked for an offerings tournament. Yes, we get one, but only after two p2w offering tourneys.
    Another example: Pvp comes along. Rich players are advantaged because not only can you use several mana potions per match (something they can afford each time), their rank won't decrease from rank 0 when they lose a match. Oh, and unsurprisingly you need to spend money on in-game currency to play more than 10 pvp a day.

Back to censorship. If you're (not you personally admin, the company as a whole) not going to allow free discussion including that which picks out and comments upon flaws pertaining to whatever aspect of Glu it be, that is suppression. And why is the word Glu banned from in-game chat?

As a business model, congrats, you've created an endless cash flow.

As an example of good PR/customer service, congrats, you've created an unprecedented disaster.
  • Options
    bryblunbryblun Registered Users 148 Posts
    JakeF wrote: »

Secondly, the reason for the comparison with communism is nothing to do with the game itself but the attitude of the corporation behind it. I've found on many occasions that Glu will not tolerate discussion on its forums that sheds negative light upon the company.

There are members of my guild who have received bans for expressing the slightest criticism. And all too often we as players will be ignored for several weeks when raising genuine issues through the ticketing system. Hence the forums being the only way to get a message across.

Understandable, if you as a company are doing everything within your power to address players' concerns, fix bugs and even out the playing field for paying & non-paying consumers. In this case heavy criticism would probably be unwarranted.

However, we find ourselves in a situation where every new aspect introduced is a way of making Glu money, rather than an honest attempt to improve player experience. And we're getting sick of it. More and more players are leaving the game.

For example, people asked for an offerings tournament. Yes, we get one, but only after two p2w offering tourneys.
    Another example: Pvp comes along. Rich players are advantaged because not only can you use several mana potions per match (something they can afford each time), their rank won't decrease from rank 0 when they lose a match. Oh, and unsurprisingly you need to spend money on in-game currency to play more than 10 pvp a day.

Back to censorship. If you're (not you personally admin, the company as a whole) not going to allow free discussion including that which picks out and comments upon flaws pertaining to whatever aspect of Glu it be, that is suppression. And why is the word Glu banned from in-game chat?

As an example of good PR/customer service, congrats, you've created an unprecedented disaster.
    citizen-kane-clapping.gif
    *waiting for constructive criticism to be deleted by commies*
    EVERYBODY - DON'T BUY GEMS TILL HACKER PROBLEM IS SOLVED
  • Options
    In the last 3 months alone, the price of Glu stocks on NASDAQ has nearly halved.

From a financial report of March this year
    Glu wrote:
    However, for us to continue to execute on our strategy, we must continue to improve our monetization of our players. We believe that deep monetization is one of the primary areas in which we must be proficient to succeed in the mobile gaming industry.

Not, we must continue to improve the customer experience.

Not, we must focus on receiving positive feedback from our userbase.

Instead, "we must continue to improve our monetization of our players".

Says it all really.
  • Options
    I hear that a lot of companies are forcing developers to make pay to win games. Gameloft, Glû, everyone else. Pathetic.

Youre lowly and pathetic if you do that. And JakeF, you make excellent posts. I wish Glu could listen, but they're still counting out the money tey made on the freaking Beast King Tournament.
  • Options
    JakeF wrote: »

I'm going to reply as I can point-by-point.

This thread likely should have been closed many times, as it gets progressively more aggressive. So this is just a reminder to keep it civil, for those otherwise inclined (not you, JakeF).

I highly doubt folks have been banned from the game for expressing criticism because we don't have that kind of chat monitoring functionality! If we did, we'd be banning the racist/sexist/abusive users before those who say "Glu."

Players are not "ignored" by Customer Care; there is a queue. Everyone is eventually addressed, and if they haven't answered your question appropriately, just reply to the ticket and continue to escalate it (humanely).

We "tolerate" all kinds of discussion here on the forums- threads are only closed or removed if they become filled with swears and/or are overly aggressive or insulting to the mods or other players. But I don't actually know why Glu is banned in game chat, so can't help you there.
  • Options
    Glûadmin:

You must understand that closing more threads only pisśes off more players? We players want a better game, because we truly care about EW3. What Glû is doing is completely throwing away the game aspect and trying to do their best to just suck money from players. And it will work in the short term. But eventually everyone that has an IQ over 70 will find out that spending tens of thousands of dollars will not bring the game forward, instead, it only encourages the company to continue with the freemium model, and bring the game down where spending is absolutely necessary. I spent money before, a small amount, because i felt that the developers deserve something for making such a great game and offering it for free. Like many people, the paying part comes from a happy player that is willing to donate, not the company trying their best to suck it from us. And you just understand, seeing the game degrade from what it was five months ago is painful, and we need to express that pain.

And then we come to forums. Only to find that every constructive post we make is being ignored by the company. So our complains escalate, up until the point where we are screaming for the people to make this game better so we will be willing to spend money.

But, of course, that never happens.
  • Options
    Glûadmin:

You must understand that closing more threads only pisśes off more players? We players want a better game, because we truly care about EW3. What Glû is doing is completely throwing away the game aspect and trying to do their best to just suck money from players. And it will work in the short term. But eventually everyone that has an IQ over 70 will find out that spending tens of thousands of dollars will not bring the game forward, instead, it only encourages the company to continue with the freemium model, and bring the game down where spending is absolutely necessary. I spent money before, a small amount, because i felt that the developers deserve something for making such a great game and offering it for free. Like many people, the paying part comes from a happy player that is willing to donate, not the company trying their best to suck it from us. And you just understand, seeing the game degrade from what it was five months ago is painful, and we need to express that pain.

And then we come to forums. Only to find that every constructive post we make is being ignored by the company. So our complains escalate, up until the point where we are screaming for the people to make this game better so we will be willing to spend money.

But, of course, that never happens.

Ultra, we don't close threads because we want to or even because we necessarily disagree with you or the underlying feedback. We close threads when they are abusive and aggressive and we can't do anything to change the game from here; and calling us or the devs or the QA people or anyone else at Glu useless idiots or ***** or ****** or ****** or ******* (for effect there) won't change the game.

In our forums over their many incarnations, I have read almost every post for every game since we've had a space for players to discuss. So yes, I understand more than you know.
  • Options
    Fair enough.

Did I not use a swearword in the post I just made? Lol.

New record.
  • Options
    griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts
    Why would you filter “glu” but put not restrictions on in game names? I see people running around with the dreaded “C” word in their name – nobody caught this!?
  • Options
    I wonder, is the word gay banned from the forums?

Nope, turns out the word "gay" isn't banned from glu forums. Which is just as well really.

Oh and to your question Griml0ck, I'm sorry but it's because glu simply don't care.