Options

I just got paired with a level 24 in pvp...

ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
With my level 50 11.7k GS Mage.

Surprisingly, he thought he had a chance with his hacking orbs, but after one shotting him with my 30k damage eruption, he left.

I don't know how it was possible to be paired with someone 26 levels under me, but * hackers with 30k eruption feels nice.

Comments

• Options
    2qxt3kh.jpg

My character is shown wearing godly.

Also, ban this effing degenerate before he gets to higher levels.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    ThinIce wrote: »

Surprisingly, he thought he had a chance with his hacking orbs, but after one shotting him with my 30k damage eruption, he left.

I don't know how it was possible to be paired with someone 26 levels under me, but r@ping hackers with 30k eruption feels nice.

Evidently part of the parring algorithm includes current success in PvP. With the hacked orbs he had done well enough to play in your pond.
  • Options
    griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts
    rewand wrote: »
    Evidently part of the parring algorithm includes current success in PvP. With the hacked orbs he had done well enough to play in your pond.

Yep, a big part of it is rank. As soon as I get to around 3 with my 7k GS monk pretty much everyone is lvl 50/12k GS. I've pretty much quit PVPing with him until I can level him up.
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    ThinIce wrote: »

I don't know how it was possible to be paired with someone 26 levels under me, but * hackers with 30k eruption feels nice.

I've mentioned this in other threads. The reason you end up getting placed with lower/higher level characters with gaps in GS is because you were the only players trying to look for a match at the time.

Though it is nice to hear a story in which a less then honest player was schooled.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    So once you reach a certain rank you're forced to lose to the big guys.....
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options

It only makes sense though. If you're reaching a tier where the highest ranked players are, you're either going to have to accommodate the difference in gear with skill or you're going to have to upgrade.

Skill only goes so far.
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts

Well yes, or do you think it´s a better idea if you keept cruising past the big guys and got the top spot by continuing to play vs low level/gs people while the "big guys" are forced to kick the **** out of eatchother?

It is one ladder for all, the best of the best on top and the "little" guys on bottom. But yeah, what ruins this thoe is what I asked for to be removed in another thread, the no-loosing stars at rank 0 witch is stupid.

Someone suggested do multipe "ladders" to make it fair. But that would just be stupid imo, I mean how do you divide them? level wise 1-10, 11-20 and so on? Would be to many "ladders" and still people would complain they had to play a level 49 when they where 41.

One ladder for all is as it should be, if you are not strong enough gear/level/skill wise, then do something about that first and then come back.
  • Options
    griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts
    SirDiGiTaL wrote: »
    Well yes, or do you think it´s a better idea if you keept cruising past the big guys and got the top spot by continuing to play vs low level/gs people while the "big guys" are forced to kick the **** out of eatchother?

Your logic is flawed because as it stands, the big guys are fattening up by winning matches against weaker GS fighters. Rank should be based on AP and AP only - it would help more with the 0 kill runners too...
  • Options
    griml0ck wrote: »
    Your logic is flawed because as it stands, the big guys are fattening up by winning matches against weaker GS fighters. Rank should be based on AP and AP only - it would help more with the 0 kill runners too...

First of all no that doesnt make my statement flawed cause all I said was that it wouldn't be better if you could go past everyone as a low level guy just by beating other low level players which still stands. Second of all yes once in a while the "big guys" are paired with weaker GS fighters but this happens like 1/20 fights or so and the only reason for it happening is, as has been stated on this forum, because Glu have choosen to allow that kind of paring if there is no other more suitable player available at that time. They could remove this if they liked but that could mean at some times you wouldn´t find anyone at all to fight and just sit there waiting.

And having ranking based on AP instead of wins is plain stupid. That would make the rankings even more p2w all the way from bottom to top since you get AP even if you loose. At least right now it's only turning to p2w at the top rank 0 because of the no loosing stars at loss.
  • Options
    SirDigital, i merely stated a fact. I never blamed Glû for this.

Low levels players should focus on gs. PvP is meant for the big guys, after all. This is why we spent months of farming for godly. It's not fair that any new player can just blast their way through PvP.
  • Options
    CraigsterCraigster Registered Users 143 Posts
    Second of all yes once in a while the "big guys" are paired with weaker GS fighters but this happens like 1/20 fights or so and the only reason for it happening is, as has been stated on this forum, because Glu have choosen to allow that kind of paring if there is no other more suitable player available at that time. They could remove this if they liked but that could mean at some times you wouldn´t find anyone at all to fight and just sit there waiting.

And having ranking based on AP instead of wins is plain stupid. That would make the rankings even more p2w all the way from bottom to top since you get AP even if you loose. At least right now it's only turning to p2w at the top rank 0 because of the no loosing stars at loss.

I have to agree with SirD on this one. If it was based on ap alone it would be more of a p2w fest than it already is. Something strange that is occurring on my warrior is that I can't seem to fall out of rank 9, no matter how many I lose. I occasionally dip down in to rank 8 but, I can be at rank 9, 1 star and lose 5 in a row and never move back to rank 10. Stuck where I am I am losing better than half the time. Not sure why I wouldn't move back to rank 10 with 4 stars???
  • Options
    SirDigital, i merely stated a fact. I never blamed Glû for this.

Low levels players should focus on gs. PvP is meant for the big guys, after all. This is why we spent months of farming for godly. It's not fair that any new player can just blast their way through PvP.

Guess we are agreeing on this one then Ultra :)
    The way you typed it really sounded like you where against the face that when you climb up the ladder you have to face the better players.
  • Options
    Guess we are agreeing on this one then Ultra :)
    The way you typed it really sounded like you where against the face that when you climb up the ladder you have to face the better players.

Yeah, well, if I was against Glu, I would have said it.
  • Options
    revitrevit Registered Users 245 Posts
    just got a similar pair up, but It didn't look like they were hacking... =\ kinda feel bad knowing what it's like on the other side of a match like that.

EDIT: happened again with another person 6k gs under but they were hacking lol, maybe I just didn't the other mage a chance to do it.