Options

Calling all Mages

2Next

Comments

• Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    FuryWeasel wrote: »
    I've had warriors that would dash once if you got close, then just spam parry so much that you couldn't get a single hit without getting a shockwave back. A few of the warriors I fought do nothing at all but parry, to the point of using spots to replenish energy to parry more. Yes, a warrior can parry all the orbs shocks cause they spam the parry so much that they take no damage.

DAAAAAAMN.

I gotta try that now.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    revitrevit Registered Users 245 Posts
    FuryWeasel wrote: »
    I've had warriors that would dash once if you got close, then just spam parry so much that you couldn't get a single hit without getting a shockwave back. A few of the warriors I fought do nothing at all but parry, to the point of using spots to replenish energy to parry more. Yes, a warrior can parry all the orbs shocks cause they spam the parry so much that they take no damage.

The multiple parry/counterattack is crazy, I understand no real cooldown for block, but doing back to back (how ever many times they can do it) counter parrying makes you invincible the whole time, while dealing out damage. There should be no cooldown on block, but at least like 2 second cooldown on the counter attack.
    This is just something that I realized after seeing warriors double parrying while inside vaj'ra and now I guess the orb parrying.
  • Options
    revit wrote: »
    The multiple parry/counterattack is crazy, I understand no real cooldown for block, but doing back to back (how ever many times they can do it) counter parrying makes you invincible the whole time, while dealing out damage. There should be no cooldown on block, but at least like 2 second cooldown on the counter attack.
    This is just something that I realized after seeing warriors double parrying while inside vaj'ra and now I guess the orb parrying.

Double parry vaj ra is extremely hard for me because if the button lags or is unresponsive for even half a second, vaj ra is knocking you down, and then you'll die to the fists.
  • Options
    RankavichRankavich Registered Users 51 Posts

This would be something I would be willing to accept, atleast a step in the right direction. Give other classes a chance to hit warriors spamming parry.

Monks are still ridiculous for a mage to face with equal gear/skill. Even lower geared monks that know what they are doing can be untouchable by a mage, just as deadly too. Once a monk has top tier weapons really.

I would love to see something changed...
  • Options
    So again. Frustrated by monks. Thought I should share that.

Glu, please help lessen the suck of pvp for mages. Please.

Monks are just untouchable. Even if I spam abilities for the entire fight. Aiming as best I can. Using ice blink and even getting the monk with it. They just roll out. Place Lightning orb for the pure intent of only the initial zap hitting them, still nothing.

It doesnt matter how well I play as a mage. Unless I want to stoop to the level of a cheap, lame, coward, smelly face (hit and then hope I can run away from a good monk).

Ill say it again. NO MATTER HOW WELL I USE MY ABILITIES A MONK WILL ALWAYS TRUMP A MAGE. This isnt even a theory. I am sure that wikipedia has this listed as fact.

"Eternity warriors 3. Monks will always win against mages in an equally geared and skilled scenario." " No matter what, mages have no chance against a monk." "this is not a theory, its fact." - wikipedia.

See. right there. Its in wikipedia now you can not say it isnt true.
  • Options
    PanZillaPanZilla Registered Users 49 Posts
    Rankavich wrote: »

Monks are just untouchable. Even if I spam abilities for the entire fight. Aiming as best I can. Using ice blink and even getting the monk with it. They just roll out. Place Lightning orb for the pure intent of only the initial zap hitting them, still nothing.

It doesnt matter how well I play as a mage. Unless I want to stoop to the level of a cheap, lame, coward, smelly face (hit and then hope I can run away from a good monk).

Ill say it again. NO MATTER HOW WELL I USE MY ABILITIES A MONK WILL ALWAYS TRUMP A MAGE. This isnt even a theory. I am sure that wikipedia has this listed as fact.

"Eternity warriors 3. Monks will always win against mages in an equally geared and skilled scenario." " No matter what, mages have no chance against a monk." "this is not a theory, its fact." - wikipedia.

See. right there. Its in wikipedia now you can not say it isnt true.

you will win if you force lag lol
  • Options
    Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    I tell u how to win , quit the match and u win at making him gain low ap and losing his energy that way he will get frustrated as much as u
  • Options
    win as a mage? play on android haha
  • Options
    win as a mage? play on android haha

I guess I should jailbreak my iphone and hack my way to the top too. That would make it soooo much fun. It would be nice to cause someone at Glu a headache though.

It really is not fun to face a monk that, if played well, can counter all my abilities no matter how perfectly I play (I am not perfect).

It makes me want to donkey punch the people in charge of balance in this game.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Rankavich wrote: »

1. restrain teleport or you'll get pounced on
    2. plan on lots of potions
    3. they are pinned while using skills unless they roll to break off attack. good time for an orb
    4. A missed roll + vortex means you can orb and ice. They will roll out but get zapped twice. guess the roll direction and have fire ready.
  • Options
    This strategy will never work sadly cuz of lag , i am using it and i rarely win vs a monk lag is in their side
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Mohamed97 wrote: »
    This strategy will never work sadly cuz of lag , i am using it and i rarely win vs a monk lag is in their side
    Hmmm i won yesterday in part because of lag which made the monk miss me with roll+vortex
  • Options

A monk lagging doesn't help them unless just running lol, if anything, if you lay down a orb, they wont see it until its too late. a lagging mage is impossible to catch, even when they are attacking you.
  • Options
    It seems totaly the opposite a lagger monk with his speed is impossible to catch
  • Options
    It seems totaly the opposite a lagger monk with his speed is impossible to catch

Doesnt matter. All laggy classes are impossible to catch.