Options

Freemium games......what's your opinion?

UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
So, there's this new word going around. It's called "freemium", and the real meaning behind it is "free to play, pay to win".

So, let me make an analogy. Glû is like a crack dealer. They let you try it out for free, and once you get hooked, they want your money. Of course, this analogy insults some people. Crack dealers do not up prices the more you get hooked like these freemium games do. And also, crack is supposed to make you feel better, while this game's PvP makes me feel worse.

So, I'm really sorry crack dealers. Youre better businessmen than glû. For one, you make customers happy. Two, you make them want to keep paying you.

I fully expect to get this thread banned because it does not agree with forums rules. More accurately, all threads that speak against glû and their money grabbing techniques are banned because it scares off the gullible people that Glû relies on to fuel their vacations and indoor heated swimming pools and their ferarries.

But before they ban this thread, please state below how much you hate me and how dumb i am. Please do. Finals are coming and i need something funny to relieve me from the pain and stress that my grades and EW3's PvP has given me.
UltraSceptile~Forums King.

Comments

• Options
    TotallyNotSteveTotallyNotSteve Registered Users 221 Posts
    You're right; this doesn't conform to the forum's rules.

This thread is closed.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    So, there's this new word going around. It's called "freemium", and the real meaning behind it is "free to play, pay to win".

So, let me make an analogy. Glû is like a crack dealer. They let you try it out for free, and once you get hooked, they want your money. Of course, this analogy insults some people. Crack dealers do not up prices the more you get hooked like these freemium games do. And also, crack is supposed to make you feel better, while this game's PvP makes me feel worse.

So, I'm really sorry crack dealers. Youre better businessmen than glû. For one, you make customers happy. Two, you make them want to keep paying you.

I fully expect to get this thread banned because it does not agree with forums rules. More accurately, all threads that speak against glû and their money grabbing techniques are banned because it scares off the gullible people that Glû relies on to fuel their vacations and indoor heated swimming pools and their ferarries.

But before they ban this thread, please state below how much you hate me and how dumb i am. Please do. Finals are coming and i need something funny to relieve me from the pain and stress that my grades and EW3's PvP has given me.

Probably the most amusing part about this though is that you think "freemium" is a new word, or business model, Ultra. ;)
This discussion has been closed.