Options

Apology to gluadmin for bashing Glu

JakeFJakeF Registered Users 62 Posts
Dear gluadmin,

I can't get my PMs to load so just though you might want to read this, respond (or not if you're busy) and then delete the thread.

I was unaware that my posts could have been construed as inciting users, although I will agree I have been bashing Glu. I did not believe that criticising the corporation behind the most financially successful freemium games released in history would be taken as a breach of forum rules, but I guess we all have to play ultra-nicely so everyone feels comfortable visiting the forum.

I'll watch my tone in future and do my best to avoid explicitly talking about Glu's mistakes on this forum. Maybe I've been focussing too much on the negative aspects of EW3 to notice that overall, it is a fine piece of programming with great gameplay and well thought-out mechanics.

However, I am passionate about this game which is why I get ultra frustrated when I encounter hackers, and in some cases I've already encountered them weeks earlier and they're still allowed to partake in pvp.

I would be astounded if any game ever released came 100% bug-free but the flaws in this game are few, but serious and people take advantage of them. I love EW3 but I hate to see it going downhill and stagnating.

I've avoided insulting the devs or admins or other persons specifically so I thought I was on the right side of the law here. However, I've since learned it's best to hold one's tongue when it comes to matters regarding faults in the game. As you are an employee of/volunteer for Glu, it is understandable that you would be distressed with some of my questionably unpleasant posts.

All the best,

J

Comments

• Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    JakeF wrote: »
    Dear gluadmin,

I can't get my PMs to load so just though you might want to read this, respond (or not if you're busy) and then delete the thread.

I was unaware that my posts could have been construed as inciting users, although I will agree I have been bashing Glu. I did not believe that criticising the corporation behind the most financially successful freemium games released in history would be taken as a breach of forum rules, but I guess we all have to play ultra-nicely so everyone feels comfortable visiting the forum.

I'll watch my tone in future and do my best to avoid explicitly talking about Glu's mistakes on this forum. Maybe I've been focussing too much on the negative aspects of EW3 to notice that overall, it is a fine piece of programming with great gameplay and well thought-out mechanics.

However, I am passionate about this game which is why I get ultra frustrated when I encounter hackers, and in some cases I've already encountered them weeks earlier and they're still allowed to partake in pvp.

I would be astounded if any game ever released came 100% bug-free but the flaws in this game are few, but serious and people take advantage of them. I love EW3 but I hate to see it going downhill and stagnating.

I've avoided insulting the devs or admins or other persons specifically so I thought I was on the right side of the law here. However, I've since learned it's best to hold one's tongue when it comes to matters regarding faults in the game. As you are an employee of/volunteer for Glu, it is understandable that you would be distressed with some of my questionably unpleasant posts.

All the best,

J

Assuming some of this may actually be genuine, I'm happy to respond. We understand your frustrations with hackers and the team is doing its best to address them. Regarding bugs and flaws that allow for exploits, the team is constantly looking at those too. It's not pointing these issues out that causes a problem or that causes a thread to be closed. It's saying ***** you *** **** for not fixing it right now.

We do appreciate that personal insults have been at a minimum, but it's the "boycott Glu" stuff and the new FB page you so kindly pointed out that amount to a bit more than "constructive" feedback.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    It's not really meant as constructive feedback. It's supposed to be a treat to your source of cash flow.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    The entirety of my post was genuine. I admittedly have a very short temper and say rash things which I shouldn't. I hope you didn't take any of that as sarcastic. It wasn't. I just reflected on my attitude for a couple of minutes and balanced the point you'd made with my own frustration and came to the conclusion that Glu have provided something for free on a 'take it or leave it basis' so it's best not to be ungrateful about it. I'm a daily player, an officer in my guild and a beacon of outstanding moral fibre when it comes to real life. The Facebook page has since been deleted. Hopefully the dreadful issues can become a thing of the past and all players, myself included, will come to enjoy EW3 without a second's thought about the hackers who Glu is working hard to isolate and ban.

All the best,
    J
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    You remind me of myself, JakeF.

Anyways, I ended up quitting the game. It's boring and tiresome to just kill LHB for hour after hour after hour. My guild even kicked me for not meeting requirements, and TBH, I'm sad, but it beats farming one boss for nothing.

I'm so bored with everything. I've got 3 characters with over 11k gs, and there's nothing left to do.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    You remind me of myself, JakeF.

Anyways, I ended up quitting the game. It's boring and tiresome to just kill LHB for hour after hour after hour. My guild even kicked me for not meeting requirements, and TBH, I'm sad, but it beats farming one boss for nothing.

I'm so bored with everything. I've got 3 characters with over 11k gs, and there's nothing left to do.
    I am yourself. You are the reflection of me.

I'm lucky enough to have a top 25ish guild that's pretty laid back about requirements. That said, it's basically turned into me, the guild leader, our senior officer and two/three other players who put serious effort into tournaments to reach top 100, everyone else sort of leeches. But if we kick them, it's hard to find replacements straight away. Lose-lose.

Anyway, you could always get involved in runes. Farming tower lotus yields 10+ per visit if you're lucky. Only thing you have to watch out for is every single rune fusion failing unless you spend gems.
  • Options
    jaggujaggu Registered Users 149 Posts
    JakeF wrote: »
    I am yourself. You are the reflection of me.

I'm lucky enough to have a top 25ish guild that's pretty laid back about requirements. That said, it's basically turned into me, the guild leader, our senior officer and two/three other players who put serious effort into tournaments to reach top 100, everyone else sort of leeches. But if we kick them, it's hard to find replacements straight away. Lose-lose.

Anyway, you could always get involved in runes. Farming tower lotus yields 10+ per visit if you're lucky. Only thing you have to watch out for is every single rune fusion failing unless you spend gems.

sounds like my guild bro