Options

GS Requirements - Jade Forest and Elsewhere

BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
The GS suggestions for Jade forest are pretty laughable. I have a 3400 GS mage, it took 4 mins of constant pounding to beat the 3k GS catkin.

Switching to my 12.5k GS warrior should have been a breeze for the 9k GS skeleton dude, nope. Died multiple times. Finally killed him at 2 min 17 seconds using two health pots. Tried all combinations of elemental advantage (fire atk / ice def, ice atk / lightning def, lightning atk / fire def), doesn't seem to have an impact.

I don't care if you put a hard boss in to kill, like oni was, but be realistic about the suggested GS. You can't tell me anyone tested this with a 9k warrior / monk / mage and said, 'Yeah, 9k is about right.'

6 hits kills a 12.5k GS warrior, 36 whacks with murdermaker, including some crits, took about 25% life off of him. I shudder to think of what he does to a 9k player.
Android IGN: Brutal1977
Class: Warrior, 12591 GS

Comments

• Options
    revitrevit Registered Users 245 Posts
    I think they just quit with suggested GS after LHB lol.
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    Brutal wrote: »
    The GS suggestions for Jade forest are pretty laughable. I have a 3400 GS mage, it took 4 mins of constant pounding to beat the 3k GS catkin.

Switching to my 12.5k GS warrior should have been a breeze for the 9k GS skeleton dude, nope. Died multiple times. Finally killed him at 2 min 17 seconds using two health pots. Tried all combinations of elemental advantage (fire atk / ice def, ice atk / lightning def, lightning atk / fire def), doesn't seem to have an impact.

I don't care if you put a hard boss in to kill, like oni was, but be realistic about the suggested GS. You can't tell me anyone tested this with a 9k warrior / monk / mage and said, 'Yeah, 9k is about right.'

6 hits kills a 12.5k GS warrior, 36 whacks with murdermaker, including some crits, took about 25% life off of him. I shudder to think of what he does to a 9k player.

Why even put so much energy on something small as a suggested GS? I don´t get it. First of all it is more of a suggested minimum GS. If you are under that GS you will most likely not be able to beat that map so if you are under then probably nothing for you. Some still might be able to beat it with less then that, but most won't. For most it will take a quite a bit over that number. Does it mean the number is wrong? No, cause it recommends you to be above that number.
    Yes you can say, ohh they don´t have the work "minimum" in there. True but that goes without saying and it's like this in pretty much every game. And in some games they don't even let you in unless you are above a certain number.

I know you are more referring to the Jade and probably 4th kingdom maps so my reply is not strictly meant for you but directed to many other players who in general complain they can´t beat a map even thou they have the needed gs and that is bs.

My Point is, even if it took you 4 min to kill catkind with 400GS more (which is pretty Close to the recommended) so? I would say what is wrong in this game is more how it mostly takes a few seconds to take down a boss. I would have loved if every boss where a 5-10min fight, but with that the drop rates should be higher as well.
  • Options
    TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    The real problem is that on old kingdoms the reccomended GS is so different than in the new maps, for example you can beat LC at 2200 GS but you can't beat Frostbite Cave (at least not with lesser runes).
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    Trainelu wrote: »
    The real problem is that on old kingdoms the reccomended GS is so different than in the new maps, for example you can beat LC at 2200 GS but you can't beat Frostbite Cave (at least not with lesser runes).

Yeah, I get your Point but I think the deal is just that, the 4th kingdom and new bosses have been created with runes in mind which the old kingdoms where not. You are suppose to have the attack rune the boss/enemy are weak agains and def runes corresponding to their attack type. And the said gs presumes you have runes about in the middle, Blue/Purple ones of the said type, and ofc gold if you want to make it even easier. With that and when the player acctually learns the bosses attack moves the gs isn't that "off".
  • Options
    TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    Yeah, at 2200 GS it would be real nice to have blue runes lol.
    Even if I had I wouldn't socket them because you need gems to remove.
    And as far as I've seen new Jade bosses don't have rune reccomandations.