Options

Resource system

CrucibleCrucible Registered Users 11 Posts
Note: This is a three part thread, "class specialization paths", and "ability pools", are the other two

Resource System

The first and most important thing for me to change is the resource system for the classes, bottom line, the Warrior is a half-immortal Conan the Barbarian who has the bodily strength of a miniature King-Kong, while the Monk is a demonic Jackie Chan-Bruce Lee combo living in the Chin Dynasty, do either of these people (aka: maniacs) sound like they use mana? No. If they don’t, than they shouldn’t. So, here’s what I think they should replace: for the Warrior I’m pretty sure for most veteran RPG’ers know the elephant in the room is rage, rage basically means that you generate rage with basic attacks that you build up to lose later on more powerful abilities, I’m saving compensation for this change for when I cover specializations (hint hint). Monks, instead of mana, should instead get what I call demonic energy, demonic energy is basically like mana except it is regenerated and depleted much, much faster, since this can be easily balanced , no compensation will be needed. Mages, since they are sexy (aka: socio-psychologically considered as attractive based on social norms in relation to the ideologies of Aegean society in which woman at peak athletic capacity were considered attractive) sorcerers dabbling in magical energies, will still use mana, and it will be the same as it is now.