Options

Disable new endless tower, balance is ruined

Dear Glu, i'm your fellow player(EW1/2/3, HoD) and i loved this games due to balance and hardcore gameplay.
But this update in EW3 broke balance and left high-skill/mid-top-tier players who passed legendary mode exam with feeling of useless waste of time. We were learning tactics to kill bosses for hours and farming good gear for days to complete this epic quest. And after update, what we can see? Drop from endless mode is enough for newb/new player to complete normal difficult in few days and legend in one week.

So i ask, please, disable this update before game is over, it needs more detailed balance and drop rates/tickets cd(u can go tower u til u fall asleep cause tickets refresh near 60-65 floor).
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    VarengrimVarengrim Registered Users 1 Posts
    Dear GLu. I ask to reconsider game balance, after the current updating. All sense of game process was reduced to campaigns in an infinite mode. Locations and the most interesting bosses are completely forgotten. To play a camp it is uninteresting and it is senseless...
    Yours faithfully,
    Varengrim
  • Options
    nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    I am inclined to agree.

I don't have that much of an issue with the gear itself, given that farming is relatively easy once a boss's pattern has been figured out. But the fact that the endless mode drops a ton of soul shards irritates me. I spent hours farming cyclops/nian/hellboy to get the required shards to evolve my stuff and I dropped at least 6-7 fiend soul shards (which are now completely useless to me) with the free ship tickets that were given to me right after the update alone.

In addition to that, the amount of money a simple endless mode run gives you is completely unfair for people that had to farm gold the hard way.
  • Options
    piouzupiouzu Registered Users 2 Posts
    I'm a new guy (~1000GS) in the game but have been in RPGs for a couple of decades now.. it felt like a pain to get the coins and equip to fight the bosses.. and after some point it gets boring to farm the same levels 20mins in a row (my fav is cyclop) to raise some coins or get the "colors" to fuse..
    the endless is much more fun and "adventurous" and it will keep more players in the game because it is easier to top-up your eq.. as for the "balance" I think that one would still need to play infinite amount of hours to get that "rocking perfect wrap".. so on my behalf.. kudos glu!! (just fix that bloody mess and seriously redesign your testing phase (UAT, integration, regression, etc)
    cheers
  • Options
    xMichaelXxMichaelX Registered Users 65 Posts
    I support this aswell
  • Options
    marcandmariamarcandmaria Registered Users 1 Posts
    i LOVE the idea of endless waves, but also agree the drops are dumb and unbalanced. i shouldnt be able to get that many drops in that amount of time, i agree with OP
  • Options
    Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    ..people like you..
    -Sagelz
  • Options
    DecapitareDecapitare Registered Users 12 Posts
    i shouldnt be able to get that many drops in that amount of time, i agree with OP

Lmao is your head in the right place?[/U]
  • Options
    UnevenUneven Registered Users 4 Posts
    Since this is a new update some tweeking will happen. It happens in every game so stop your bi---ing and let them do what they are going to do. By the way love the new endless waves.
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    1. "legend in one week" I don't see the problem, that the time it take my warrrior to finish, and 2 week to max out on all unbreakable gear at 3 star.

2. It not like new player can pass those level so easily. They will die, then they will be out of ship ticket to enter.

3. "I spent hours farming cyclops/nian/hellboy "
    Soulshard can be find from miniboss, it normal. I get a soulshard from the big eye ball monter once. It's just rare, but it possible.

It wont matter at all. And if the drop rate go down when you yourself farming for a better gear than unbreakable, You will come back complaining
  • Options
    asteldasteld Registered Users 3 Posts
    VoidBlader wrote: »
    1. "legend in one week" I don't see the problem, that the time it take my warrrior to finish, and 2 week to max out on all unbreakable gear at 3 star.

2. It not like new player can pass those level so easily. They will die, then they will be out of ship ticket to enter.

3. "I spent hours farming cyclops/nian/hellboy "
    Soulshard can be find from miniboss, it normal. I get a soulshard from the big eye ball monter once. It's just rare, but it possible.

It wont matter at all. And if the drop rate go down when you yourself farming for a better gear than unbreakable, You will come back complaining

i agree with Void,even if new players can enter the tower,theres still a time limit to each wave,if their gear is not good enough,even if they survive,they will still fail the time limit.And even if they could get slight better items,there's still item lvl requirement,so they still have to grind for lvl before they could use those items.
  • Options
    KalvKalv Registered Users 3 Posts
    Yeah I'm lvl 30 monk just starting on hellboy and the tower didn't help me a lot. Sounds like those who pay to win have their nickers in a twist thinking they deserve special treatment
  • Options
    UnevenUneven Registered Users 4 Posts
    And those who say the endless waves makes players progress to fast I got to tell you it took me 3 days before update to hit legendary mode. Ya 3 days so if a player is determined they will progress faster than those with out the time or determination of said player. Heck I have a buddy that made a new character and in less than a day hit got to legendary mode, granted he used cash to do it. So I say keep game like it is and see who it goes. If it is found some tweeking is needed then by all means tweeking it a bit.
  • Options
    SlashNDashSlashNDash Registered Users 4 Posts
    The drops went from amazing to trash now the tower is useless and a waste of time..
  • Options
    EvilwendyEvilwendy Registered Users 18 Posts
    SlashNDash wrote: »
    The drops went from amazing to trash now the tower is useless and a waste of time..

XP from it kinda sucks to lol
  • Options
    pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    I don't think endless mode offer any exp from mob. I could be wrong but I didn't notice a exp bar or exp earn after u killed a mob.

As for endless mode make the game imbalance. Not really. Does it make farming a heck a lot easier? Yes. For player with "previous" endgame weapon and set. The mob die in 1 hit til around lvl 60. With occasional boss requires 2 hits.
  • Options
    vhinzotvhinzot Registered Users 9 Posts
    I have all my gears unbreakable resolve,berserker legendary. and i dont see any problem having endless waves added to game. its balanced and people likes it. people gets bored doing same dungeons over and over again (like me). unless they can cash shop gems like yall. 80% of the players dont cash shop. and with this endless waves you can pick the waves you like not just doing same dungeon over and over. And it gets harder, mobs gets tougher when you reach your waves lvl. so people use all their gems for pots , revives etc. and what? loot those white/green ones? lol.
  • Options
    MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    pelepala wrote: »
    I don't think endless mode offer any exp from mob. I could be wrong but I didn't notice a exp bar or exp earn after u killed a mob.

As for endless mode make the game imbalance. Not really. Does it make farming a heck a lot easier? Yes. For player with "previous" endgame weapon and set. The mob die in 1 hit til around lvl 60. With occasional boss requires 2 hits.

Endless mode does offer XP, in fact, rather good xp :) You will see it once we bring it back up!
  • Options
    Moloch wrote: »
    Endless mode does offer XP, in fact, rather good xp :) You will see it once we bring it back up!

And when's this suppose to happen
  • Options
    Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    Got your wish.. You happy?
    -Sagelz
  • Options
    Moloch wrote: »

and by good exp,do you mean,the one at the start,or the one after nerf,cause the one after nerf is not really good exp,after nerf wave 100 mob gives around 3k exp,while it was 10k over previously.if its 3k+,it would be easier to just go back to normal legend battle which gives 4k+ for a much easier mob.and the drops after nerf,its bad,wave 110 still gives demon champ parts,while previously it gives demon prince while the mobs at wave 100 is obviously much more stronger than those mobs that drop demon prince parts in legend battle mode.
  • Options
    Big Sage wrote: »
    Got your wish.. You happy?

Do not break the forum rules please
  • Options
    PERSIvAlNPERSIvAlN Registered Users 9 Posts
    Watch your tongue, this is public forum.
    I was sleeping, thats reason of my silence. Guys, if they limit this tower like boss rush was limited in EW2, it'll be fne. Problem is not only this easy-to-get-high-quality-gear, just image what would happen on duse tournaments. Remember, good is good only if it is limited. And those who say that game was 80% of grind/farm: now game is 90% so, and all action will be in 1 location, while before patch we were visiting different areas for different drop.
    And with such reagents/items drop rate amout of microtransations will be lower.
    I bet that this tower will be nerfed as hell in two monthes
  • Options
    s4df4ces4df4ce Registered Users 141 Posts
    I DONT understand why you guys are complaining about endless mode. It is NOT going to imbalance the game. The drops were often blue/gold items however, it is completely useless compared to what you had. What good the endless mode did was it made grinding hell lot of easier... People should understand this game is totally grindcore game..YOU people should understand update means something new changes is brought upon.. Something NEW to try to... If you think "Change" is not your cup of tea , you may stick to solitaire or something ... Common enough of whining.. You guys are being ridiculous... LET GLU do their job.. Leave them alone!!
  • Options
    Evilwendy wrote: »
    That wont happen with cry baby other here Bitching cause its easier for people just starting off. Rather than the repeat dying on the same person phase. He cant help it. He paid $$$ for what we can get easier now. Thats why he is so but hurt over the endless. As for watching my tongue? How can you watch your tongue its in yur mouth? Now use the comeback dealing with grammar please. "Watch you'er fingers. This is a public forum. Lots of 13 year old girls here. Aint that right persi

Looks like only cry here is yours, due to incapable of play the game without this tower. And if we speak about my age, i'm 20, studying and working, if u dont belive pm and we will have video chat in skype. I payed only once, and to win guild fuse tournament.
    I gues you are of this girls, Wendy?
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Can we keep to the topic please and talk about the game, not about other players.
  • Options
    PERSIvAlN wrote: »
    Watch your tongue, this is public forum.
    I was sleeping, thats reason of my silence. Guys, if they limit this tower like boss rush was limited in EW2, it'll be fne. Problem is not only this easy-to-get-high-quality-gear, just image what would happen on duse tournaments. Remember, good is good only if it is limited. And those who say that game was 80% of grind/farm: now game is 90% so, and all action will be in 1 location, while before patch we were visiting different areas for different drop.
    And with such reagents/items drop rate amout of microtransations will be lower.
    I bet that this tower will be nerfed as hell in two monthes

yes its easy to get good item i have to agree,but because of guys like you complaining,they nerf it till wave 110 still drops demon champ tier item instead of demon prince tier,so is that what you wanted?that would only scare players off,the tower has thousands of wave,so why so scared people get the items easily since they will still need to farm for eye and blood which is rare in the tower,and at wave 110,even 7k gs could die in 2-3hits.and its limited,who says its not,do you think everyone will keep spend gem to get tickets?the drops are not a confirmed,and good drops only comes after wave 90.so keep ticket to fight 20-30 waves starting from 90?maybe some will,not mostly wont,and now with this nerf,its even worst,even lesser people will gem for tickets,so this good idea of you guys are probably killing the game.
  • Options
    Sry, was just provoked a bit by that person.
    Lets try to look this tower from other side: new player starts to grind tower due to same exp as compaing but with higher gear drop rate/quality. After reaching 500 gs(thats easy now) he tryes cyclo... and die due to lack of skill. His first thought: i have higher GS, cyclo/GLU is cheating. After several tryes he start to complain devs and annoy other players how manage with our one-eyed-cute symbol of game. And after that he travels to forum.
    Same situation was in WoW, with dungeon nerfs before Cataclysm. After CAT release there were so much cryes, cause most of plaeyrs didnt know how complete basic dungeos, they used to AoE everything and tactical PvE battles were something weird, wrong thing for them. And situation here looks same.
    Hope we will get solution with this question.
    P.S. Sry for my mistakes, english is not my native language
  • Options
    Man, i was complaining about too easy start for low lvl/gs players, they have too handicap for start of the game. I didnt complain about demon prince drop, i was talking about low floors, that gave too much. And i think my thread haven't affect game yet, GLU cant react so fast on so small thread, they looked at this drop, done some changes on test version and made release version same.
  • Options
    huyballackhuyballack Registered Users 18 Posts
    lol seeing the new update i thought about re downloadin the game and play. after hearing all of this i dont want play this anymore.

what glu is really stupid is that they try to make an offline game too hard in order to lure gems purchase. That is retarded and unlike MMO, there is little to no competitive aspect in this game therefore hard for someone to spend money.

They keep making the game harder for more gems, but prob end up people deleting the game, others like me dont want to redownload it
  • Options
    MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    Endless Mode is active again, now with proper balance and drops ;)