Options

PVP 0-0 no kill = both lose

VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
Many people getting sick of those that get 1 hit and running around all day, wait to win by time over.
This is ARENA!! If you won't fight, they gonna kill you both.

I have 2 Suggestions.

If the match end by 0-0 and no disconnect, both side should lose.
Let force them to get at least 1 kill to win a match.

Or just release the Lions to kill them both! when time over.
2 Lion, 1 Lion focus on 1 player, so it woundn't be unfare when 2 lion focus on 1 player.
Those that survive longer, win.

Comments

• Options
    DamiiDamii Registered Users 118 Posts
    Release the Lions? You mean like the old days when gladiators fought in the colosseum, then no thats a bad idea, because the one with higher gs or attack or maybe more suitable runes will win, it should be a showdown with 2 opponents showing their skills and the best one wins.
    Just remove the timer or at least give us more time and make the arena a bit smaller or the characters bigger and easier to move would be perfect :)
  • Options
    FlyingvigilFlyingvigil Registered Users 61 Posts
    To #1
    Good idea. Got sick by coward monk rolling around. Lately i just gave up the battle and back to town when i face coward monky, as i would would have been chasing the losing battle.

I enjoy battle with fighting monk, even when i lose the match.

To #2
    I admire your your imagination. :))

Remove the timer? I dont really want to fight for 15 minutes ..
  • Options
    RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    I would also like to add i really dont like this system for choosing the winner when its a tie. Right now tie goes to whoever got the first kill. If im fighting someone and we are tied 2-2 when time runs out but ive got 80% hp and hes got 20% health, he will still win because he got first kill. how the hell is that a good decision. I have never played any type of pvp or fighting game where ties weren't decided by HEALTH. I had a fight where i was losing 0-2, made a comeback with that same health scenario above and still lost. Stupid.

Also yeah we need to get rid of timer. In ALL places that use it including tower. There are ways to avoid a 15 minute fight. Like booting a player that shows no hit detection in about a 7 second time frame. That would keep things very lively. But for that to work they gotta fix this lag if its possible. I know alot of the problems are with people using 3g connections. Mebbe make it a wifi only game
  • Options
    warrior22warrior22 Registered Users 95 Posts
    I knw chasing monk is annoying.. I lost so many battle doing that.. So I came up with making monk chase me.. :D i hit him nd made him ti chase bt tht sucker couldnt catch me being fast.. I did twice nd m sure tht stupid monky would be annoyed :p
    - Hunter :p;)
  • Options
    FlyingvigilFlyingvigil Registered Users 61 Posts
    warrior22 wrote: »
    I knw chasing monk is annoying.. I lost so many battle doing that.. So I came up with making monk chase me.. :D i hit him nd made him ti chase bt tht sucker couldnt catch me being fast.. I did twice nd m sure tht stupid monky would be annoyed :p

Your warrior must have been fighting very well. I dont know how to do that, as my fatty warrior is nothing compared to monky's agility and speed. *
  • Options
    kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts
    I like idea number 2 but this is pvp so no.....I agree the hit and run nonsense with zero kills is BS. I think you are on the right track on number 1 but maybe after time runs out you start taking a dmg ticker that hits harder and harder the longer you don't hit and rather than go away when you do it just pauses for three seconds or two or w.e.

edit: there has to be a timer....I remember back in the day when there wasn't a timer in wow there would be some people who would run and basically kite until you got so sick of it you quit. Also with regen there things could last forever if you were evenly matched and had the pots to keep going.
  • Options
    I agree with the damage ticker. And that would eliminate the need for a timer. With a timer it promotes the hit and run tactic. There just needs to be penalties that force you to engage with the other person while ensuring there is not an endless fight. Dot for not engaging, booting without a hit after a certain amount of time.

I personally think that a multiplier should be added for the AP after fight bonus based on damage dealt also. If the bonus were significant enough that would force people to fight also. I realize that hit and run around for two minutes is a tactic. But it is a horrible one and is just plain boring.
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    Damage ticker is the same as timer. The runner will still be running, and both side would take the same damage, so the one that got 1 hit and run till the end still win...

However reward AP will be depend on damage deal is not a bad idea. If they hit and run, they would get almost nothing.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    There's nothing wrong with timer. I really don't want to chase a monk for a couple of hours. Believe it or not, I actually have better things to do than sit around and play tag.

IMO, we should have people play their own class. Warrior vs Warrior. Mage vs Mage. Monk vs Monk. And dear god, please get rid of "connection error"!

If people really want to play against the other class, then we should have two options. Play against own class, or face all kinds of characters.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    VoidBlader wrote: »
    Damage ticker is the same as timer. The runner will still be running, and both side would take the same damage, so the one that got 1 hit and run till the end still win...

However reward AP will be depend on damage deal is not a bad idea. If they hit and run, they would get almost nothing.
    Yeah wasnt thinking if a jackass is running therefore you are chasing and not getting a hit either so you both would get a dot.

Hmmm. How about every 30 seconds the arena gets smaller lol.
  • Options
    HabarabisHabarabis Registered Users 49 Posts
    VoidBlader wrote: »
    Many people getting sick of those that get 1 hit and running around all day, wait to win by time over.
    This is ARENA!! If you won't fight, they gonna kill you both.

I have 2 Suggestions.

If the match end by 0-0 and no disconnect, both side should lose.
    Let force them to get at least 1 kill to win a match.

Or just release the Lions to kill them both! when time over.
    2 Lion, 1 Lion focus on 1 player, so it woundn't be unfare when 2 lion focus on 1 player.
    Those that survive longer, win.

One thing to add. GLU please add the movement speed stat into the statistic screen. This will preven
    Players from Modding an unviewable stat..especially monks who move so fast that the are increasing thier movement speed just enough for an advantage..I have played nothing but monks and mages..so its obvious when someone has increased thier move speed. I feel that that stat should be viewable so that we can screenshot it..there is no current way to report them as there is no "proof" please and thank you?
  • Options
    SneezingCatSneezingCat Registered Users 211 Posts
    Slightly relevant:
    A tie (both parties doing NO damage whatsoever) results in AP gain and no star loss.

Ys2Zh16.jpg
    Jewelz