Options

Please nerf mages, they have so many advantages for pvp

eternalwarrioreternalwarrior Registered Users 11 Posts
Just when pvp came out, mages are defeating everyone. They can run, freeze, have range, use that red lazer on you and that stupid purple balll. They dont even go out of mana. Warrior and Monks ar loosing to them so much that in the coming days there will be no 3 kgs warriors and monks. People will use them only to unlock mage. Is it why mage is locked in the first place ? Because it is more powerful than others. Atleast remove the freeze effect from mage's teleport, thank you. Also I would like to ask why only EW3 has gems for android, the rest glu games use glu gold.

Comments

• Options
    Why the forums is so lonely ? I think there should be a tip in the game to go to the forums. Many players dont know about it.
  • Options
    CaliverCaliver Registered Users 63 Posts
    look how u deal with mages ...
    if ur a warrior like me
    ONLY use RUSH! and block, wait till they use ice (dont get hit or frozen~ realy easy) and than use rush on the mage and run away, when the rush cooldown finished repit that :O 10k gs warrior wins 12k gs mage
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    Warrior can fight mage, as long as they didnt lag.
    If they lag and wont take damage, and also teleporting all over the map with out using skill, then you are in deep trouble.

Hate it when I see them runing to the right, then they just appear behind me with lighting orb already in the sky hitting me :P
  • Options
    FallenonyouFallenonyou Registered Users 78 Posts
    Save your rush....it can be used to get out of a freeze problem solved stop crying about mage worry about monks run
  • Options
    RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    Yup im finding more and more warriors are giving me quite a run for my money now. And im actually doing alot better with monks now too. Cept for Pimpslaper, please stop hitting me. Your leaving a bruise. I have been paired with you consantly and its never pretty lol.
  • Options
    BestFriendCZBestFriendCZ Registered Users 52 Posts
    I think the characters are very close...I play with mage but many times he beat me monk or warior which played far better than most mages...only where have mage advantage are lags... otherwise all three characters are very strong
  • Options
    IndiepwnIndiepwn Registered Users 62 Posts
    Mage don't need nerfed. I have had warriors deal more damage to me than a mage ever has. I have had warriors dash and take me from %100 down to %10 immediately.
  • Options
    Maxx ParizzMaxx Parizz Registered Users 26 Posts
    Mages are actually easy if u have ***** to play with a warrior against her, u just need skills thats all and mages dont need nerf. Warriors damage need nerf i think. Stop crying and practice more!
  • Options
    FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    Mage has disadvantage in the arena. Freeze is useless. Freeze a monk, and he rolls out of it. Freeze a warrior and he dashes out of it. However, if a mage is hit with a spin attack, or a monks attacks, you can't ice blink out of it. At least my mage can't. If you use your beam weapon, a warrior dashes out of it, and a monk rolls out of it, but the mage can't escape their special attacks. So how is this an advantage? It's not that the mage needs to be nerfed, you just need to learn how to use your toon better.
    Guild leader of Marauders
  • Options
    nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    FuryWeasel wrote: »
    Mage has disadvantage in the arena. Freeze is useless. Freeze a monk, and he rolls out of it. Freeze a warrior and he dashes out of it. However, if a mage is hit with a spin attack, or a monks attacks, you can't ice blink out of it. At least my mage can't. If you use your beam weapon, a warrior dashes out of it, and a monk rolls out of it, but the mage can't escape their special attacks. So how is this an advantage? It's not that the mage needs to be nerfed, you just need to learn how to use your toon better.

Pretty much this.

The only players I've been able to freeze for more than .5 seconds are warriors stupid enough to dash first..
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Not to mention monk's cool down for their roll skill is like is half that of the mage.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    I dont know, but whenever i face a mage, it tends to warp all around the stage cuz of lag. It causes me to miss my whirlwind, and my dash, and all my normal attacks.

And by the time i get my focus back, the mage has another freeze up its sleeve. Sure, i can parry it, but if i miss the parry, the time limit ticks. This is the problem. Mage can eruption, causing a small amount of damage. But, that first hit is enough. Then all they have to do is not die. A good mage player can avoid a warrior for 2 minutes, allowing them to win the battle. And, due to time limit, i lose.

Now, whenever a mage gets first hit and i only have 1 minute left, i quit. Because i cant bring down their health fast enough.

On top of all this, mage can auto freeze dodge out of whirlwind.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Monk advantages:
    Footspeed
    Short roll recharge including the ability to roll out of a freeze
    Two powerful AOE attacks
    Invulnerability durring roll and AOE

Disadvantages
    Mana recharge is slow and usage high
    Shortrange attacks
    Defensive skill does not damage opponent

Warrior advantages
    Parry with no timout
    Attack while moving
    Good ranged, 360 degree attack
    Dash can be used to flee AOE and freeze attacks.

Disadvantages
    None, mana recovery is not good but better than monk. Dash recharge may be a weekness but only when dash is viewed as a second defensive skill.

Mage Advantages
    Ranged attack
    Ranged (fast) mana refresh

Disadvantages
    Must stop moving to attack
    Wand attack is directional
    Slow foot speed

I look at this and think each class can win or lose depending on how well they use their strengths and exploit the opponents weaknesses. Warrior seems to have an edge unless you consider potions....

By allowing mana potions in PvP GLU has neutralized the mage's mana advantage and left her the weakest of the classes. She becomes a sitting duck while attacking because she can't attack on the run and while a ranged attack is great it has to be aimed at someone who can attack on the run. Warriors tired of monks hitting and then running until time runs out. Try a mage who have to face this with both monk and warrior. Mage does not need nerfing.
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Mage also has disadvantage by having the highest cool down time in the escape skill. Seeing how well monk can do in pvp makes me want to go back to him and amp up.

I gave up my monk months ago.
  • Options
    FallenonyouFallenonyou Registered Users 78 Posts
    ThinIce wrote: »
    Mage also has disadvantage by having the highest cool down time in the escape skill. Seeing how well monk can do in pvp makes me want to go back to him and amp up.

I gave up my monk months ago.

Same here monk seems fun in pvp (when they are played for fun) and not running
  • Options
    AgrippaAgrippa Registered Users 1 Posts
    Can't pvp just be warriors vs warriors, mage vs mage, monk vs monk? Playing as a warrior, it's just ridiculous when a monk hits you with two of his skills and runs around the arena for 2 minutes while he dodges every one of your attacks. The lag doesn't really help either.
  • Options
    I dont know, but whenever i face a mage, it tends to warp all around the stage cuz of lag. It causes me to miss my whirlwind, and my dash, and all my normal attacks.

And by the time i get my focus back, the mage has another freeze up its sleeve. Sure, i can parry it, but if i miss the parry, the time limit ticks. This is the problem. Mage can eruption, causing a small amount of damage. But, that first hit is enough. Then all they have to do is not die. A good mage player can avoid a warrior for 2 minutes, allowing them to win the battle. And, due to time limit, i lose.

Now, whenever a mage gets first hit and i only have 1 minute left, i quit. Because i cant bring down their health fast enough.

On top of all this, mage can auto freeze dodge out of whirlwind.

I noticed that mage+lag is hard to beat, I've blinked away from another mages blink before just to find him behind me at the other end of the map lol
  • Options
    You want me to dash or parry when mages use freeze ? How do I know when they will be blinking. It is just like this, I go near her, I use whirlwind or bladebarrage, she freezes me, makes my attacks in slow motion and easier to dodge, I use parry, she freezes it too. I use dash but it has a cooldown. I just cant go near her to hit her. I have no problem with teleport but freeze time is very long, enough for her to use that lazer and run away.
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    Just when pvp came out, mages are defeating everyone. They can run, freeze, have range, use that red lazer on you and that stupid purple balll. They dont even go out of mana. Warrior and Monks ar loosing to them so much that in the coming days there will be no 3 kgs warriors and monks. People will use them only to unlock mage. Is it why mage is locked in the first place ? Because it is more powerful than others. Atleast remove the freeze effect from mage's teleport, thank you. Also I would like to ask why only EW3 has gems for android, the rest glu games use glu gold.

Seriously, complaining about mages beeing op is only showing that you don´t know how to play your class right. As stated by many here all classes have their adv and disadv and are pretty well balanced. A good warrior or monk can kick the sh!t of most mages easily.
  • Options
    A suggestion. What devs should do is reduce the cooldown on mage's ice blink, but also reduce the duration for freeze. In this way mages would be able to use it more liberally and the opponent will be able to catch up with her.
  • Options
    You want me to dash or parry when mages use freeze ? How do I know when they will be blinking. It is just like this, I go near her, I use whirlwind or bladebarrage, she freezes me, makes my attacks in slow motion and easier to dodge, I use parry, she freezes it too. I use dash but it has a cooldown. I just cant go near her to hit her. I have no problem with teleport but freeze time is very long, enough for her to use that lazer and run away.

God I wish every war played like you.

Dash out of the freeze, not before it.
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    If mages get nerfed, that will be quitting time for 30% of players.
  • Options
    A suggestion. What devs should do is reduce the cooldown on mage's ice blink, but also reduce the duration for freeze. In this way mages would be able to use it more liberally and the opponent will be able to catch up with her.

Didn't see this before:

Sure, reduce the freeze, but then don't allow dash/dodge to just cancel it.

Oh and while we're talking about changing everything, why not put a cooldown on parry so warriors can't hide behind it?

edit: let's not forget about the monk's stun while we're at it, since we can't blink or anything out of that.
  • Options
    nyjn wrote: »
    Didn't see this before:

Sure, reduce the freeze, but then don't allow dash/dodge to just cancel it.

Oh and while we're talking about changing everything, why not put a cooldown on parry so warriors can't hide behind it?

edit: let's not forget about the monk's stun while we're at it, since we can't blink or anything out of that.

Parry should not be nerfed, because you cannot do it rapidly, freeze makes parry so slow that mage can escape it and most importantly, there is a perfect moment to parry, you cannot always parry, if you are late or early by even half a second, there is no parry. You can blink anytime you want, freeze not only prevents from running but also reduces the efficiency of opponents skill. Blade barrage is useless when it is that slow. You can easily run from a slow windmill, dash is the only exception here but has 5 sec cooldown. Whereas a mage has to face only a cooldown while blinking.
  • Options
    Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    Yea right and if u miss parry reduce dmg by 50% both cases warriors adv so stop whining noob an get over it learn how to play
  • Options
    If mages keep dominating pvp, either there will be no more warriors or 40% people will stop playing.
  • Options
    RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    This is really getting stupid people. Learn to play your class. Its as simple as that. I am by no means claiming i am a great pvper. But i feel like im above average. I have won plenty of fights against warriors and monks as a mage. And guess what. Ive lost plenty too. When a warrior or monk really knows there class i am scrèwed. My bread and butter is the freeze of course against warrior. A warrior that properly knows how to get out of it can get in close and just ruin your day. When i fight monks their big deal breaker is vortex. If i can keep away from getting stunned by it i usually always win. No class has a total domination in this. I cannot believe i am actually saying glu got something right. But i feel the class balance is just fine.

The only thing thats messed up is of course lag. But as everyone has different connection speeds and methods of accessing the internet i would imagine it is a very difficult thing to manage.
  • Options
    FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    Very well put Rentoc. Something else that people forget is that a level 50 warrior has almost 5k defense. I think its around 4975 with full godly armor. A mage at level 50 with full godly has about 3,500 defense. Almost a 1.5k difference in defense. All in all, the bottom line is, if you know your toons well, and use skill, you can defeat any class. Those that complain that this toon, or that toon should be nerfed, obviously have no skill in pvp. If you spent more time learning to properly use your toon and less time complaining, then maybe you would win a pvp match. I'm not a pvp god. Far from it, but I win more matches than I lose. Only time I lose is if a player is better skilled than I am, and there are many, or if I get some coward that one hits me and runs around like a chicken to run down the clock. Running doesnt take skills. Pvp is not a track event. So Eternal, instead of complaining, learn some skills and practice.
    Guild leader of Marauders