Options

The unbalances in the new maps are ridiculous.

ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
So if you haven't reached the levels, the new boss is a giant ice spider (no surprise there), but the real twist is how much damage it can do.

I'm playing with my mage who has pretty much full godly with soulshards and everything. The funny thing is the spider that apparently has a recommended 3k GS literally r@ped almost all my hp in one hit, killing me in resulting spins.

While I only have 9% ice resistance, I expected my 12k godly gear to provide the necessary defense--in normal mode. Nope. Not after the second try at least.

Now if I miraculously make it on legendary mode to this steroidal spider, I don't expect to last 30 seconds without full inconceivable and purple/gold runes. Do you guys even test these levels before releasing them?

Someone please tell me these items can be found on endless.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Couple extra unrelated things. Whoever designed the mage's inconceivable can't draw, and rabbitkin is more outrageous than the laser shooting floating eye.
  • Options
    jerzy448jerzy448 Registered Users 58 Posts
    That rabbitkin is a nightmare. A cat with a bow that freezes and does damage wow. She also turns just as fast as my monk can run or evade. Made it to legendary but died without dropping the first barrier. I haven't switched gems yet but wow.
  • Options
    DamiiDamii Registered Users 118 Posts
    Is it tru you need tokens to enter the new dungeons ?
  • Options
    bigBrulesbigBrules Registered Users 219 Posts
    Full godly gear 12.6k gs and 27% ice resist and i get owned by a 3k gs requirement boss. Great job testing this garbage release. Tickets to fight the boss are the same tickets as endless which is bs. Nice money grab again.
    Android Guild - upgrade
    Position - CO Guild Leader
    Device's: Google Nexus 9 / Samsung Galaxy S4
    Roms / Operating System: Cyanogenmod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2
  • Options
    JohnBoy12JohnBoy12 Registered Users 129 Posts
    I am on IOS, no update yet but already assuming we will need a pole on difficulty and other things. same tickets is a let down, already cant get drops on my monk in endless so now it will take longer to get anything. I dont mind grinding because it is the idea of the game but waiting an hour and a half for a low drop rate run sucks.
  • Options
    The tickets are the least of problems in the update. While it takes one ticket to fight the spider, it takes many more resources to actually beat it.

Even at levels 139 and 140 on endless, you're still finding demon prince reagents. That gap is bigger than the demon to demon champion, which was 30 levels.
  • Options
    bigBrulesbigBrules Registered Users 219 Posts
    1 ticket normal and 10 tickets legendary.
    Android Guild - upgrade
    Position - CO Guild Leader
    Device's: Google Nexus 9 / Samsung Galaxy S4
    Roms / Operating System: Cyanogenmod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2
  • Options
    JonWayneJonWayne Registered Users 459 Posts
    bigBrules wrote: »
    Full godly gear 12.6k gs and 27% ice resist and i get owned by a 3k gs requirement boss. Great job testing this garbage release. Tickets to fight the boss are the same tickets as endless which is bs. Nice money grab again.

Did I read correctly? You mean you played in normal mode, not legendary mode, and still gets killed easily?
  • Options
    BrutalBrutal Registered Users 251 Posts
    Warrior - 11.8k GS, 30% Fire Attack, 39.8% Ice Resist

^^ my stats. Took me 8 revives to kill final (legendary) boss. Used a nice chunk of pots just getting to her too.

Edit: Also, I got up to 137 in endless, no demon lord reagents there. On my trek to spider queen, I got 9 eyes, from the queen I got one heart.
    Android IGN: Brutal1977
    Class: Warrior, 12591 GS
  • Options
    Brutal wrote: »
    Warrior - 11.8k GS, 30% Fire Attack, 39.8% Ice Resist

^^ my stats. Took me 8 revives to kill final (legendary) boss. Used a nice chunk of pots just getting to her too.

Edit: Also, I got up to 137 in endless, no demon lord reagents there. On my trek to spider queen, I got 9 eyes, from the queen I got one heart.

There might be a pattern to the Lair, but I'm not going back in to try and figure one out, lol. She has a spinny move that wiped me out twice immediately after a revive. Evil. And not worth repeating. Probably ever.
  • Options
    radshortyradshorty Registered Users 103 Posts
    is tier 9 gear possible in endless mode though?
  • Options
    EternityWarriorsEternityWarriors Registered Users 19 Posts
    I was able to beat the boss but it was HARD and took me awhile.

To me this is similar to other bosses and levels though. I always notice new players complaining cyclops is too hard, then once people beat it they think the other levels or bosses are hard.

As with all bosses and levels the key is to memorize the movements and then you can beat it quit a bit easier.

It is true you need a higher GS then whats recommended, but for the final boss of a game I think it's reasonable that the recommended GS is a bit of a stretch and probably a bear minimum of what you would need.

I grew up on games that were HARD, so I like having challenges like these. I don't find it fun to just go in and beat an end boss right away.

Only complaint is that you need tickets to fight the boss, but since the game is free to play I can't and won't complain too much about that. You can always watch some videos or download some other apps for free gems if you don't feel like spending money.
  • Options
    I was able to beat the boss but it was HARD and took me awhile.

To me this is similar to other bosses and levels though. I always notice new players complaining cyclops is too hard, then once people beat it they think the other levels or bosses are hard.

As with all bosses and levels the key is to memorize the movements and then you can beat it quit a bit easier.

It is true you need a higher GS then whats recommended, but for the final boss of a game I think it's reasonable that the recommended GS is a bit of a stretch and probably a bear minimum of what you would need.

I grew up on games that were HARD, so I like having challenges like these. I don't find it fun to just go in and beat an end boss right away.

Only complaint is that you need tickets to fight the boss, but since the game is free to play I can't and won't complain too much about that. You can always watch some videos or download some other apps for free gems if you don't feel like spending money.

Can you do it without using any pots?
  • Options
    radshorty wrote: »
    is tier 9 gear possible in endless mode though?

Saw white, green and blue new gear from 124 to 136 in tower... I died on 137. No purple or higher for me first run.
  • Options
    Brutal wrote: »
    Saw white, green and blue new gear from 124 to 136 in tower... I died on 137. No purple or higher for me first run.

well at least i know it's in the new gear is in there! thanks! that is where you should start then in my opinion. but it's pathetic that new reagents aren't there.
  • Options
    I'm sure there's a way. But no when I beat it I used Pots I had stored up. In another post though I commented how the new update on android has a feature where you can ask google+ friends to send you pots and it doesn't take it from their inventory, its completly free. You can only get 3 a day though. One of my guild members sent me 3 free pots though which helped quite a bit.

Free to play games will always have these situations where it might take awhile if you don't pay, but at the same time theres always a way. This game is somewhat balanced in that aspect IMO.
  • Options
    I'm sure there's a way. But no when I beat it I used Pots I had stored up. In another post though I commented how the new update on android has a feature where you can ask google+ friends to send you pots and it doesn't take it from their inventory, its completly free. You can only get 3 a day though. One of my guild members sent me 3 free pots though which helped quite a bit.

Free to play games will always have these situations where it might take awhile if you don't pay, but at the same time theres always a way. This game is somewhat balanced in that aspect IMO.

No daily gifting to/from friends on iOS. and forcing players to spend on pots while grinding for gear is . . .
  • Options
    JonWayne wrote: »
    No daily gifting to/from friends on iOS. and forcing players to spend on pots while grinding for gear is . . .

Yeah I've only seen gifting on the android build. Looks like its something google is doing to get people to use google+ more, not so much something the "game" is doing.

I've also noticed this in other games where you can get free stuff on google but not IOS. IMO ios and apple are a dying breed, too closed and too greedy. Not that google isnt greedy, but they tend to be more felxible and customer friendly
  • Options
    man, so many players will quit the game for good now once everyone is updating this. I can't wait to here from iOS users when they get this! haha. I got a ps4 to keep me busy, aswell as the gym while they fix their mess.
  • Options
    man, so many players will quit the game for good now once everyone is updating this. I can't wait to here from iOS users when they get this! haha. I got a ps4 to keep me busy, aswell as the gym while they fix their mess.

Aren't you looking forward to this new upate? I'd expect you to be the last player to quit.
  • Options
    still am excited my friend. just curious to see the reaction of the whole community.
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Well seeming as though nobody is replying to the post I made a while ago Ill repaste here..

Update 2.1.0

Available now on android

* new spider boss. It costs 1 ship token to attempt to fight her on normal mode
    * 4 new levels in ivar caverns, new gear set
    * arena energy in pvp
    * Iron and Silver god offerings give the new regent type and lv50 gear (new). If you have a lot tokens saved like me, now is the time to use them. I doubt an offerings tournament will be anytime soon as there was only one offerings tournament (all offerings) in the last four months.
    * Endless drops lv50 gear (Im not sure what level, I always start at 120, I finished at lv139 using 1 revive and pots)

The new boss is very hard even on easy mode. Recommended GS is 3000 though my 12,100k GS mage only beat her 2/8 times so far. I think you need full ice defence runes and fire attack for the new boss and areas. I only have 15.8 fire attack and 14.3 ice defence (haven't bothered yet to up it). She drops demon champion regents and level 28-35 gear. The quest to kill her gives 20 gems also (probably a one time quest not daily)

One player now has a 15,306GS mage
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts

You get tickets for free. Every 5 minutes you get one even if you are offline. They are the same ones for endless mode. But yes you can buy them, if you feel you need to buy them maybe you are playing to much though. Play less and keep it free.

Spider boss normal needs 1 token, hard mode needs 10.
  • Options
    Endless gear in tower starts at 124.

Just got a Supreme Sword of the Butcher (purple) there. Lvl 50, base 683 atk, 3.0% CC, 19.0% CD, Max GS is 3639. So just a hair under murdermaker, which is 3654.

It's purple and looks like a christmas tree.

Edit: Screenie

supreme.png
  • Options
    DamiiDamii Registered Users 118 Posts
    What is the recomended gs required for beating the new dungeons normal and legendary?
    I know you need a lot more than what it says you need. :)
  • Options
    Damii wrote: »
    What is the recomended gs required for beating the new dungeons normal and legendary?
    I know you need a lot more than what it says you need. :)

Normal, I'd have to let someone else answer. For legendary, I was 11.8k gs with 30% fire atk and 39.8% ice def, and it wasn't near enough...

I'd say you need the new gear to do it comfortably, but since the reagents appear to be in the ice levels (and offerings) only, you are kinda hosed. At least hosed in the sense that farming for stuff may not be good enough.

Also assuming gold items drop in endless. Best I've seen is the purple sword above, but that was my 2nd of 3 endless runs today... too much guessing for me. Sleepy time. Good luck!
  • Options
    can someone post a picture of the new map in the ivar caverns. that would be great! :)
  • Options
    can someone post a picture of the new map in the ivar caverns. that would be great! :)

Ice Levels:
    Ice_levels.png

Legendary Ice Den and beyond are only levels not rank A. And I fear they will remain as they are for a long long time. If I recall correctly, Ice Den took me 5 mins, most of it on the boss. :/

And a link to the Queen, no image tags in case someone is touchy on spoilers:
    http://s23.postimg.org/9e3sbov4b/spider_queen.png

Edit: To the devs, assuming you might see this: As much as we've complained about the difficulty (and we will continue to do so, because it's simply insane), the graphics are awesome. The look and feel of the new levels I love, aside from all the slow motion matrix-style effects. They really get in the way. I'm not talking about getting slowed down by the enemies ice attacks either. I'm talking when the entiiirreee boooaarrrd slloowwwwws dooowwwwnn... ok that was too much. And that one swarm of jumpy ice spiders, you threw in there. Killed them in normal, and I knew what was coming in legendary. Evil.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    JonWayne wrote: »
    Can you do it without using any pots?

I didn't use pots but found laser invaluable
  • Options
    rewand wrote: »
    I didn't use pots but found laser invaluable

can you post pictures of other levels too (links are fine)? i really don't care about spoilers. i may be asking too much of you.