Options

Frenzy Flare tips?

I'm just wondering how people use this boost to best advantage.

I always build up enough Frenzy during most episodes to use it once or twice, in a pinch or at the end. It seems that having it at the beginning wouldn't be all that helpful except maybe just to clear the first full counter-full of diners in a long level. But then you have to wait for all the seats to fill -- seems an inefficient use of time. And in any venue with appetizers, isn't it useless (not the Frenzy itself, just starting with a full Frenzy meter)? But maybe I'm missing something! ATM, I'm only using that boost when Daily Trophy requires it...

- SuFe718

Comments

• Options
    SpcialJoySpcialJoy Registered Users 90 Posts
    It's one of my favorites actually. It gives you time to prepare some things ahead of time. I'll often play a level with no boost to see what recipes will be ordered, then play with the Frenzy Flare boost. It really seems to help!
    iPhone user
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Thanks, SpcialJoy! Great tip. I'll play around with it a bit more to learn its benefits.

SuFe

- SuFe718
  • Options
    You're welcome! I hope it helps. The one I can't get a handle on is the Carry Four. I can't seem to remember or figure out how to change my rhythm when using that one.
    iPhone user
  • Options
    Lol, SpcialJoy, I have trouble with pacing Carry Four too! It's only really helped me carry a mistake until it's needed, saving the trash penalty.

I usually try to beat all levels without boosts (which has not been possible on about 10 episodes I've encountered so far in 4 venues) so when I duel with fast feet, I'm flying. A bit of a timing adjustment there too but I'm getting used to the difference now.

In Chef Arena though, I find the guests often don't come fast enough to rack up really high points, even though I have counter/eat speed fully upgraded.

As I wrote elsewhere, I've been playing for less than a month so am still trying to figure things out. Trying different strategic and boost combos. Last week I finished rated at 126 so I was kinda happy with myself *grin* but I don't have time this week to play/duel enough to duplicate (or, even better, surpass!) that.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    Wow! That's great! Yeah, I don't have that kind of time or patience either. Good for you on beating levels without boosts. I try to do as much as I can without them, but end up using them on the second half of seasons and in hopes the VIP's will drop gold.
    iPhone user
  • Options
    Thanks! Obviously, I have to play most of them many times before I can prevail without boosts. But I do mix up the episode order and change venues often so I'm not just "learning" a level to beat it. Good preparation for dueling, I find.

Next, I plan to try using different boosts/combos in each venue to see what works best in each situation. It'll be repetitive but will provide more useful dueling training, hopefully. Ought to help me develop a venue-specific dueling strategy that works well with my style...or maybe not, hehe.

And I can hardly wait for the next Free Play event! The last one enable me to raise my average no-boost score in DnC by 600-800 points! I used to hate it in there but now it's my favorite venue to play. The Gold Drop event was less productive for me; I think I earned only 13 bars. But I enjoyed it and hope they do that one again soon as well. The Ingredient Drop events have been my least favorite so far but, really, ANY special event brings me into the game!

These new dueling sabotages can really wreck your day (and, obvs, score)! The Slow Feet prank was bad enough but when all the ovens freeze just when everyone orders something baked, or whatever, all you can do is stand there and, well, swear like a sailor (or a Gordon Ramsay), lol.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    Haha! The equipment/food freezing doesn't affect me too much, but I HATE the slow feet. I play the levels a lot too, without boosts. I like getting the rythym of each venue down. And I love winning duels against people who have more upgrades AND use boosts. LOL though I really only play duels to buy the 5 gold each week.
    iPhone user
  • Options
    Sanjeev KSanjeev K Registered Users 14 Posts
    Sorry for digging up this old one.. I usually use it on the later levels of a season and usually at the end of an episode. Also helpful to play a level beforehand as a test and then look for a period of time when all customers are ordering complex recipes (say, for example any of the pies in D&C) and use it for them. It's pretty good to use in PP too.