Options

Six weeks for Dubai auto chef?!? :(

The auto chef for new Dubai in the Sky venue isn't going to be available in the (at least in my) Chef Store for SIX weeks! Very disappointing! The last one, Tony Yum, was available one or two weeks after the venue was released, which seems much more reasonable.

Six weeks is a long time to wait when the chopping station is so slow and chickpeas are so integral, even after partially upgrading it (I don't intend to fully upgrade those individual equipment elements since I'll be -- well, eventually -- getting auto chef). I'm only halfway through Season Two so far, can only imagine what later seasons will be like!

Does anyone have a different/shorter availability window?

- SuFe718

Comments

• Options
    Chefkitkat16Chefkitkat16 Registered Users 28 Posts
    Same window, same frustration but I've got to the end of season 3 and made it wth 2/3 stars for almost all episodes
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Thanks for confirming that the 6 week wait isn't just in my store, Chefkitkat. I broke down and bought some chop station storage, which is making things easier.

Now I'm getting grumpy about the Tannuur Ovens! Apparently, the DitS auto chef doesn't keep those fired up, as DB auto chef does with woks, so I'm actually reconsidering that investment. I'll have to see what it does in later seasons; if it's only a chopper (and never regulates ovens or composes multiple items), it seems cheaper to upgrade individual elements after all. I've fully upgraded both fire and burn control on tannuurs and they're still quite slow and go out very often (after every 1-2 dishes)!

I know that devs decided to veer away from the Perfect cook/season mechanisms in the game, to find new equipment/task challenges, but I don't find those tannuur ovens fun OR challenging. They're just annoying! As tricky as are the DB drums, at least they're entertaining. I don't mind the ingredient dispensing button in DnB (prob cuz of fun pie maker) and, again, the similar timed-fire woks in DB are handled by its auto chef, but the tannuurs are just irritating. Probably, with practice, I'll master them but my overall first impression of this venue is not good

I'd prefer more interactive stations, fewer auto-dispensed items, and a more stable cooker (or, at least, auto chef benefit for heat expiry). I best like venues where there's more to DO, ingredients to compose, steps to perform; less waiting for machines to dispense finished products.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    Chefkitkat16Chefkitkat16 Registered Users 28 Posts
    I agree with all of the above, but I also remember that I had a hard time adjusting to those other restaurants when they first opened too. Usually after I'm able to upgrade patience, it's a lot less frustrating for me.

DitS autochef is a little cheaper again so it's understandable that he doesn't do as much. I'm going to try to hold out and buy with tickets because I'd like to go back and upgrade some restaurants that I've beaten to continue kicking butt in Chef Duels!
  • Options
    MerzyMerzy Registered Users 3 Posts
    Dubai in the Sky won't let me play. It freezes up but uses my supplies....
  • Options
    Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    Merzy wrote: »
    Dubai in the Sky won't let me play. It freezes up but uses my supplies....

Same here.. and dueling too.
  • Options
    Torik17Torik17 Registered Users 4 Posts
    My auto chef was available near the middle of season 2. It didn't take a length of time but rather a certain point in the game. I think it took a day or 2 to get it
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Torik17 wrote: »
    My auto chef was available near the middle of season 2. It didn't take a length of time but rather a certain point in the game. I think it took a day or 2 to get it
    Hi Torik! Yes, my auto chef became available for purchase with gold somewhere early in season two I think. But I was talking about the duel store where auto chefs are sold for tickets, not gold. If you already own an autochef, it won't show up in there but it's a good use for tickets and allows gold to be spent on the upgrades.

I wasn't patient enough to wait the 6 weeks though so, once I learned of all the preparations it performed in later levels, I ended up using gold to buy it. I just hope they don't put that long a wait on all future autochefs in the duel store; as I mentioned, those for earlier venues were available there within a week or two.

- SuFe718