Options

Chef Arena

What's the benefit of fully upgrading appliances, decor, and food in the Chef Arena? As of now, I have about 70% of the upgrades complete, but I don't see any benefit of spending a RIDICULOUS AMOUNT of coins and gold for the remaining upgrades. (For instance, the final available upgrade for duck is 14,500 coins and 40 gold bars; scallops is 16k coins and 44 gold bars; sous vide is 21k coins and 45 gold bars, etc.)

Comments

• Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    If you're already beating ramsay with what you have, then the only reason to upgrade them would be to help in duels
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    I agree with broilmebk, they ought to help with duels. But, while those primo upgrades will raise your scores, there's something fishy going on in the Arena, in my experience (and it isn't the scallops...and not just cuz they're bivalves).

What I really want to know is what's up with the Arena in regards to Boss duel vs PvP duel scoring. I posted about this in the summer when I began playing and am still stymied (and frustrated)!

Over time, I -HAVE- upgraded all the coin- and speed- increasing features in the Arena hoping for better dueling results. I also opened the 3rd VIP slot after being slammed by someone with far fewer upgrades using 3 boosts and reaching 900 points -- buying that third slot was a reckless spree in a fit of pique, lol! However, I still cannot regularly breach ~700 points in PvP duels, even with all those benefits. Whereas in the Boss duels, I can beat both Grandma's and Gordon's scores of 1300-1500 using no boosts at all (so I believe I can be pretty fast and efficient in there).

Why is there such a great disparity? Or does this happen to just me? 😬

- SuFe718
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    I never compared scores but I always felt what you pointed out. PvP scoring is lower than single play. I've hit much higher playing solo with no boosts than in PvP with boosts. Doesn't solo have a longer timer though?
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    broilmebk wrote: »
    Doesn't solo have a longer timer though?

Interesting hypothesis. I've never compared durations of those two duel formats. I'll have to take some notes. But it would certainly make sense.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    Chef Arena challenges are 2 minutes, duels are 1 minute 30 seconds.