Options

DnC beef dish

I made a strange dish yesterday in Delish n Chips. Chop beef, batter it, and fry. I never had to make this anywhere, yet somehow I was able to chop the beef and batter it. I did it on accident and just thought it was strange that I could make this dish but it never came up. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    That IS strange! No one ordered it but it could be prepared? That ought to be an easter egg! Or earn a creativity trophy! Do you have the auto-chef and yet still prepared it yourself on the fly?

- SuFe718
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    No auto chef. You should still be able to prepare it though with auto chef since the chopping block and batter station is open for an ingredient
  • Options
    In PPP, I have, several times, fried bread without it being on the menu anywhere... Have to carry it around and finish episode one-handed (which is why I prefer venues with warming stations)!

- SuFe718
  • Options
    Chefkitkat16Chefkitkat16 Registered Users 28 Posts
    SuFe -- that just happened to me today too!!! I'm still in Season 4. Does fried bread never become part of another recipe??
  • Options
    TutanTutan Registered Users 27 Posts
    I made a strange dish once in PPP that wasn't a real dish. It was fried bacon that was then put in the cheese curds station.
  • Options
    SuFe -- that just happened to me today too!!! I'm still in Season 4. Does fried bread never become part of another recipe??

Nope! After doing it twice, I thought it -would- become a menu item eventually but I've now finished the venue and no fried bread, only grilled -- and no fried bacon smothered in cheese curds either, lol (Tutan that's a riot)!

Just means you have to be really careful about the order in which you put ingredients in which place. For example: If you're holding bread and potatoes, put the bread on the grill before the potatoes into the fryer bc otherwise game is just as (our perhaps even more) likely to fry your bread and leave you holding the potatoes!

It's either a glitch or a clever way devs have built in unanticipated problems to trip us up...

- SuFe718
  • Options
    VickybooVickyboo Registered Users 4 Posts
    Yes, fried bread becomes donuts after adding maple syrup.
  • Options
    Vickyboo wrote: »
    Yes, fried bread becomes donuts after adding maple syrup.

Oh, interesting! Thanks! That actually makes sense. I bought the autochef as soon as it was available for tickets from Showcase before I got that far. At least now I know how I can try to turn that mistake around, should it happen again. :)

What does the bacon poutine become after cooking? Autochef provides it as a prepared dish but I have inadvertently fried (or grilled?) it when in a rush and then have to just carry around (or take the penalty for trashing it) because it's not a menu item in that state. I've never tried smothering it in cheese curds, as Tutan has, LOL, but that doesn't seem to be a menu item either. Based on s6e10, I cannot imagine what item might be made from cooked bacon poutine....

- SuFe718