Options

Uptime issue with sauce station

This has happened twice now. Ive tried to add sauce to scallops or to chopped shallots, and the sauce palette won't spin!! Ugh! I can do the red sauce, but not the others. Then I end up throwing out stuff I've picked up to make a dish. Both times were in a duel. I got only 45 points versus 300+ for my competitor

Comments

• Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    That venue is nuts without autochef! Actually, she can be glitchy by not always immediately providing the ingredient blobs you need to cook, especially if you make an error or don't serve in the sequence she expects, but benefits vastly outweigh the few bugs (see below). Honestly, I find most of the restaurants too demanding for duels without autochef but I -would- love a toggle to turn autochefs on and off at will for an extra level of challenge!

My best suggestion for you is, if you cannot afford to buy the autochef for that venue (either for tickets in Chef Showcase, bottom tab in duel area, or with gold as an upgrade) to use the autochef VIP boost. I forget her name but dish is called beef canapés, unfortunately it takes almost 2 days to prepare!! With it, you'll get use of the autochef for that duel/episode plus there's a 100 coin bonus for each dish served which will help increase your score. You can test it out in regular play in Ultime, but it comes so dear, given 44 hrs prep time plus rare ingredients, that many feel it's a waste to use at all outside of duels. Personally, I recommend testing everything in regular play until comfortable enough to add something/somewhere to one's dueling.

There is a no-cost solution to overcoming most strange prep bugs, with or without autochefs, but it isn't always available exactly when you need it: Use the Gordon Frenzy to resolve any issues/problems. I specifically mean the Frenzies which accumulate during play by doing all those extra actions such as multi- serves/swipes and perfect dishes -- one can often generate two Gordon Frenzies during a 2+ minute episode or Duel. I suppose you could use Cy's VIP boost if you have a second slot open. It's far less effective in Ultime than Fast Feet or Temp, or in your current case, the autochef VIP, but his Frenzies DO clear up problems such as what you describe (as well as serving a full counter of complicated orders to perfection in an instant).

- SuFe718
  • Options
    LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    I never had this problem before the update, new bug? I was wondering why it wouldn't spin to the bechamel sauce while holding a chicken even with multiple taps.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    I do think it's a new bug. The Dubai AC broke after this latest update, so it wouldn't surprise me if the sauce wheel in Ultime were also affected.

I don't know much about code but I think most of us do realize that adding/changing anything can unexpectedly break something somewhere else. Visually the venues look completely separate but they're far more interconnected than we would like -- and, as discussed elsewhere, game cos push out new content so fast that little or no beta is done to ensure stability.

I think the best thing is to report feedback about bugs and glitches to CS through the game cog. Also post here in the forum of course but I'm not sure how closely/frequently they monitor the GRD community these days.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    MommarobinMommarobin Registered Users 59 Posts
    What a pain in the butt! I'm trying to get 5 stars in what I have left, and just wasted 2 meals on ****py turn. Threw out a bunch of food trying to get the spinner to turn
  • Options
    CookiefanCookiefan Registered Users 19 Posts
    I've had this glitch a few times and reported it. They wrote back saying they are aware of it and working on fixing it. I found a work around though - pick up something else and get it spinning for that (like chicken with red sauce) once it spins once it will work for the dishes that previously didn't work.
  • Options
    Chef AkaneChef Akane Registered Users 2 Posts
    I have also experienced this glitch, but I've figured out how to "get out of it" so you are like totally not screwed for the rest of the episode. If it is stuck on say the bechamel sauce and you want the red sauce or brown sauce.....get an ingredient that works with bechamel and tap it....then the palette will reset and you can get the right sauce+ingredient...kinda a pain, but that will clear up the glitch at least for that episode. I think the glitch happens when you go to say tap the red sauce with the chicken, but instead tap the brown sauce instead....and that isn't an option(unless the chicken is chopped up).
  • Options
    LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    I found the sauce wheel broke if you attempted to make something from a later episode in an earlier episode. For example if you tried to make shallots with brown sauce it would rotate to brown then get stuck. Chef Akane's solution works to clear the issue.

I haven't been able to reproduce the bug in the latest version of the game (1.10.2) so it might've been fixed.