Options

Loon Goh's Extra Time Dish Could Probably Also Use a Bit of Remake

Now, before I replaced most of usage of Extra Time in duel with Rush Hour, I do have a few things to write down here for developers to take note (unless such designs are intentional. Also I am writing this in case future players wants to use this in duel often):

- If you trigger Super Gordon coincidentally such that he reaches Loon Goh the very moment he just appeared, he doesn't have time to trigger the animation of throwing out a clock to add your time, so, he gets served without adding your time. There is a very very brief delay between him popping up and him actually throwing a clock.
- I once lost a duel only by about 50 points from an opponent and it went like this: at 0:00 second (and I estimate another 300 ms left, generally, just enough for him to throw a clock), Loon Goh showed up, threw a clock, just happened to use my last available Super Gordon, served Loon Goh and another customer, time was up but the clock almost reached the timer, got another 0:05 when the clock reached the counter, the game ended anyways and Ramsay was sharpening his knife, then boohoo, worst kind of defeat ever lol. For that restaurant, 5 seconds was enough to serve just one more customer for about another 40+ tips and perhaps a drink of another customer for another 10 :(
- And probably noticed by many players by now: his order comes the slowest because he has to throw a clock. For an order to be able to be served the speech bubble has to show up. I am sure this is the only intentional design of all 3 points (or perhaps point 1 also).

Now if the designs are all intentional (even for the 2nd point mentioned), then players, take note when using Extra Time next time. Otherwise, perhaps make every extra time effect instantly effective while maintaining that animation disadvantage.

Comments

• Options
    SansaSansa Registered Users 78 Posts
    BGen_Tan wrote: »

- If you trigger Super Gordon coincidentally such that he reaches Loon Goh the very moment he just appeared, he doesn't have time to trigger the animation of throwing out a clock to add your time, so, he gets served without adding your time. There is a very very brief delay between him popping up and him actually throwing a clock.
    -

Never realised this, will take note from now, thanks!
  • Options
    broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    This happened to me as well. Loon Goh appeared right when I triggered Super Gordon so I didn't get the extra time. Annoying
  • Options
    LockisbettaLockisbetta Registered Users 74 Posts
    They could make the clock spawn alongside Loon Goh as a separate entity that moves by itself when he appears. Only problem is that the animation wouldn't make sense as he'd no longer throw the clock.

For the clock speed, either make it faster or added instantly. The animation would be more for show if made instant.

I don't have a problem with the slow order animation since it's usually done by the time you grab the VIP dish.