Lost Everything??

Hi,

I've been playing since August 2016 - have made tons of progress, contribute to group goals, make my daily goals every day. Today, I played for a while in the morning. Just now, I opened the game and it's completely reset to the beginning, prompting me to choose my avatar. I'm sure you can imagine how upset and angry I am. I'd linked it to my facebook account but I can't seem to get anywhere to check this. How can I fix this? :(

Comments

• bec13bec13 Registered Users 31 Posts
    I had the same thing happen early this year. Contact Support through the game (DO NOT reinstall unless they tell you to) and they should be able to fix it up. It took them a few days for me but I got it all back
  • mara_dweebmara_dweeb Registered Users 1 Posts
    This just happened fo me yesterday. I messaged and am still waiting for a response. Thats why i came here to see if its something thats hapening and they're working on. Unfortunately i did uninstall and reinstall ot didnt help. I just hope they can still fix it for me now that ive read the last comment saying not to do that am worried. Ive been playing for a yr or more and have a lot to lose in that game ?☹?
  • AmyYepAmyYep Registered Users 60 Posts
    If you are linked to Facebook they should be able to restore your game! I have gotten bit more than once by this bug but support fixed it after a few days.
  • ChefWreckChefWreck Registered Users 54 Posts
    This just happened to me   :s  I sent customer care a message so hopefully I'll get my game back soon, but WTF this is a serious issue that needs to be fixed ASAP.
  • aeverinezinnaeverinezinn Registered Users 3 Posts
    edited November 2017

This just happened fo me yesterday. I messaged and am still waiting for a response. Thats why i came here to see if its something thats hapening and they're working on. Unfortunately i did uninstall and reinstall ot didnt help. I just hope they can still fix it for me now that ive read the last comment saying not to do that am worried. Ive been playing for a yr or more and have a lot to lose in that game ?☹?

Chef Rooz said:

Hi,

I've been playing since August 2016 - have made tons of progress, contribute to group goals, make my daily goals every day. Today, I played for a while in the morning. Just now, I opened the game and it's completely reset to the beginning, prompting me to choose my avatar. I'm sure you can imagine how upset and angry I am. I'd linked it to my facebook account but I can't seem to get anywhere to check this. How can I fix this? :(

I ran into the same problem as well. I’ve had the app since July 2016 right after the app launched. I’ve unlocked all the venues and have made lots of upgrades. This needs to be resolved after I contacted costumer service.

Have posted screenshots of what the app is doing for me now. This isn’t right. I should be on level 45+.

By the way, I also had this issue with sister app Cooking Dash, and has been resolved on that part.

Update :P It's been 10 days since my game reset. On the 2nd day I was able to get most of my progress back, but I am still approximately 6 weeks behind where I had previously been.
    I'm still waiting to hear back from customer care about my progress, even though I keep asking for updates on the issue they are extremely slow to reply. :s
  • DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Sorry to hear that progress was lost! Please continue to work with Customer Care and I'm sure they'll be able to get your progress back. If you don't hear back in the next couple of days, please PM me and we'll try to get this figured out.
  • aeverinezinnaeverinezinn Registered Users 3 Posts

Chef Rooz said:

Hi,

I ran into the same problem as well. I’ve had the app since July 2016 right after the app launched. I’ve unlocked all the venues and have made lots of upgrades. This needs to be resolved after I contacted costumer service.

Have posted screenshots of what the app is doing for me now. This isn’t right. I should be on level 45+.

By the way, I also had this issue with sister app Cooking Dash, and has been resolved on that part.

After contacting Customer Support on Saturday November 25 and as of 11:45 PM November 27, things are back to normal.

Sorry to hear that progress was lost! Please continue to work with Customer Care and I'm sure they'll be able to get your progress back. If you don't hear back in the next couple of days, please PM me and we'll try to get this figured out.
    I haven't heard from customer care for days, I just sent them a sixth message asking what was up. At this point I've regained most of my lost progress (aside from the restaurants because I'm not willing to shell out more gold for something I've already purchased) 
    I just want some resolution, like if they can't get my progress back just tell me, or give me some gold so I can move on with my game. 
    Each day that passes with no word from customer care I grow more and more discontent.
    Hey there ChefWreck. Updating your ticket may have put it in the bottom of the support agents queue and probably why they haven't responded back in time. Try not updating the ticket and let me know if they respond back by tomorrow. If not, please PM me and I'll take a look.
    edited December 2017
    I just received a message back, my progress is finally back to where it was before the reset. So thank you for speeding up the process! But something even more annoying happened, all my gold disappeared. I told customer care and am waiting for a reply.
    The gold I had this morning:
    *removed image with account information*
    The gold I have right now:
    *removed image with account information*
    And I'm also missing a lot of coins and hearts that I've accumulated this week. WTF
    They probably took your old progress and put it back. You probably shouldn't share this information on the forums though. Continue working with support and they'll be able to help recover whatever was lost.
  • niwrehsniwrehs Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    me too, lately i was playing chef arena and suddenly off and restart my LG phone and when game back just disappear my account and lost everything in my progress, what's happen to my account? why the system wants to restart all over again if someone has progress plus full skill, and chef arena almost upgrade, that was SO UNFAIR this game....please FIX IT NOW and bring BACK MY ACCOUNT! w0w it really PISSED ME OFF!
  • niwrehsniwrehs Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    kakainis tlga....grabeh...hirap na bumalik glu communities...pinaghirapan mo pa ko mag laro ulitl.....hoping u understand my problem, please bring my back my old account, wtf on you, glu!
  • Darth_Ryan57Darth_Ryan57 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I just lost my progress too! I was at the 6th level of the burger joints third season and first season of the pizza joint. When I signed in with apple. The game shot me right back to the first level of the game. I don’t know how to talk to the people that solves this issue.
  • Darth_Ryan57Darth_Ryan57 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I just lost my progress too! I was at the 6th level of the burger joints third season and first season of the pizza joint. When I signed in with apple. The game shot me right back to the first level of the game. I don’t know how to talk to the people that solves this issue.
    Edit: I found out how. I’m waiting for a response
  • camarorscamarors Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Hi I am having same issue I updated my phone and it went back to the beginning how do I contact the app developer? Please help me I love this game more than life lol !! Help !!
  • SockSock Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    camarors said:
    Hi I am having same issue I updated my phone and it went back to the beginning how do I contact the app developer? Please help me I love this game more than life lol !! Help !!
    Goto Settings in the top right corner and Customer Care and I believe top right for Message
  • rothchopsrothchops Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I’ve been playing since the game launched and have built a significant profile. Two weeks ago it reverted to start and I can’t even get into the settings page to send a message to customer support. I emailed Glu through their website two weeks ago but despite a couple of gentle chases from me, I’ve heard nothing. Very keen to get my profile back!! Can anyone help please?
  • MJ1984MJ1984 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Same thing happend to my account. Please dev help us recover so we can play again.