Options

Stationary Gun or Quadzooka?

DrivenDriven Registered Users 5 Posts
I currently own the Scharfschutze Rifle and recently saved enough cash and bought the Super STEN machine gun

I just saved up to 1200 glu coins. I'm contemplating whether I continue to save a bit more to get the stationary machine gun or I could get the Quadzooka now.

Which is the better way to go?

It will be a loooooong while till i can save up 1200 - 1400 coins for the other item.

Any opinions?

Comments

• Options
    c-mac wrote: »
    I have no idea how you saved up that much gold. I'm not even close.

A lot of patience and daily checking of their free gold offers. Almost all the ones that don't cost any additional $. I have done a couple here and there that do cost money (like I did purchase flowers for mother's day through a Tapjoy offer since I knew I was buying flowers for mother's day anyway).
    Anyway, I'd definitly be going for the Quadzooka. The STEN gun should be a good enough gun for all your missions but your going to need that Quadzooka for tanks. Not to mention, missions where there are no tanks, that baby will take the place of the stationary gun by just blowing up everyone is site.

Since, I had finally reached the 1200 gold accumulation point, I've been seriously pondering this decision more and I've been leaning towards the same opinion as you. Even though I'd love to have the firepower that stationary machine gun would give me all the time, at the point where I am in the game, the 4 rockets the quadzooka would give me for every mission would allow me to complete more tank missions and obtain more stars without having to worry about saving up gold for more bazookas again (given that 4 bazooka shots should suffice for most missions).
    The thing I don't understand is the difference between the two Quadzooka's. One says "dish out 4x's the carnage" with a picture that looks like 4 rockets will shoot at the same time, but other doesn't show a picture. Then when you click on "info" the discription is the same. Just says "four bazooka rounds available for every mission and equipped automatically".

Are they the same?

I have the same question as you on this. Only way to know for sure is to actually purchase one of them and see what happens! When I actually do decide to "pull the trigger" to make the purchase, I'll let you know what happens. It has just taken sooo long to accumulate these coins, it is hard to see how quickly all those coins will go in just one click! (I'm so careful when navigating around the store to not accidently hit a buy button).

thanks for your response c-mac!
  • Options
    hardeyboyzhardeyboyz Registered Users 75 Posts
    i go for quadzooka... since most of the mission involve tank...and some mission need to kill army using bazooka..
  • Options
    shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    The quadooka is a handy little gizmo to have. It seems that 3/4 of the missions involve tanks, plus you get 4 blasts a mission out of that puppy,, so you can take out the enemy pretty quick with it. It's kind of neat watching them fly up in the air when you blast a pile of sandbags with soldiers hiding behind them with a quadooka. lol It's all a matter of what you want to spend though. You have a pretty decent gun. Of course it's nice to have the top gun of each category, but pricey too.... I got my quadooka on a weekend sale when it was 1/2 off, which they have frequently. Hopefully they will have one again just for you lol. Good luck.;)
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
  • Options
    Well, since I've waited this long to save up my coins, I might as well wait for the next weekend sale and perhaps I can get both the quadzooka AND stationary gun! thx shanny!

c-mac - what happened to me once I wanted to click on the info of one of the machine guns and accidentally bought the machine gun above. They should have some space between the info and buy buttons between the items in the store and/or add a confirmation pop-up to the item your about to purchase.

I don't peruse the store much nowadays for fear of accidentally purchasing something!
  • Options
    Hey c-mac,

If it is to use for the more close quarters "bunker" type missions, I think the PPsh would do the job. then switch to rifles when you need to go for those longer range targets. To me the damage is the bigger issue, you gotta hit them more times before they go down.

But I hear you about the funds.
  • Options
    BTW, I went a head and went with the Quadzooka. When you purchase it one of the items it lists in the store, they status of both quadzooka items turn to "EQUIPPED". So they have it listed twice, but it is the same item.

Also, just to confirm, whoever may be wondering, contrary to what some may infer from the picture of the quadzooka, it does NOT shoot four shots at once, you get 4 single shots for every mission you start.

I'm going back now to complete all the tank missions where I didn't complete all the star goals!
  • Options
    shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    Driven wrote: »
    BTW, I went a head and went with the Quadzooka. When you purchase it one of the items it lists in the store, they status of both quadzooka items turn to "EQUIPPED". So they have it listed twice, but it is the same item.

Also, just to confirm, whoever may be wondering, contrary to what some may infer from the picture of the quadzooka, it does NOT shoot four shots at once, you get 4 single shots for every mission you start.

I'm going back now to complete all the tank missions where I didn't complete all the star goals!

Yep,, it's only a single shooter. I thought it shot 4 too by the way the picture looks. I guess they did it like that because it can be used 4 times per mission. It is a great weapon to have in your arsenal though.
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
  • Options
    mykysingermykysinger Registered Users 7 Posts
    Some reason after a mission they offered me the quadzooka for 600 creds. Brought it and still think stationary gun is better
  • Options
    mtheadmthead Registered Users 266 Posts
    if you feel like gambling you can always do the spec op create and go for the anti tank rifle.... after soo many tries still nothing yet... got enough intel points for other guns

but ive noticed at least the spin gives you plenty of glu coins reward..

i havent played this long enough yet.. still on the first area.. but curious on how many tanks do you face in the game per level?

ive only had one tank so far... so quadzooka way too plenty
  • Options
    mtheadmthead Registered Users 266 Posts
    spec op creates similar to mystery crates i guess.. you never know what you would get.. Main aim is to get the anti tank rifle gun

ive noticed the crate appeared after i did this mission to test out the secret weapon the nitrogen gun or something... Still no where near the stationary gun but guess its a weapon worth earning.

Theres a hourly mission that appears now i think on my phone hunting the axis spy.. gives you 20points per go
  • Options
    AjcanesAjcanes Registered Users 36 Posts
    Quadzooka
    No brainier