Options

Forum timeouts

DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
GLU admin,

Is there a way in settings or profile that will extend the period that you are online in the forum. There have been times when editing a lengthy response or posting a new thread that I am timed out and cannot post. Logging on at that time I loose what is written in the dialogue box.

I have looked yet do not see where I can extend this time period.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!

Comments

• Options
    shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    I don't think there is Ddannen. I time out all of the time and just have to sign back in, I know it's a pain in the bum, but maybe we will both find out if there is a setting in which we can stop from timing out eh? I've looked everywhere though, and nada.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was about sending someone to the corner for a timeout or something! haha:p
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
  • Options
    I thought the same after I had already posted lol.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    I asked if there was a way to change the time out setting, and there isn't D. So it's just one of those nagging things we have to live with I guess. (for now at least);)
  • Options
    GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    Ddannen wrote: »
    GLU admin,

Is there a way in settings or profile that will extend the period that you are online in the forum. There have been times when editing a lengthy response or posting a new thread that I am timed out and cannot post. Logging on at that time I loose what is written in the dialogue box.

I have looked yet do not see where I can extend this time period.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hi there. I looked into this. 15 minutes was the time a user would have to remain inactive before their login session expired. I have now changed that to 30 minutes.
  • Options
    Thank you Glam!!!!:D
  • Options
    Glamazon wrote: »
    Hi there. I looked into this. 15 minutes was the time a user would have to remain inactive before their login session expired. I have now changed that to 30 minutes.
    Yay, thanks Glam, surprisingly enough there are times I get lost in thought and have timed out while writing a post, not the forum problem but mine cause I veg out lol. Thanks again!
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    No problem, guys. Glad I could help!
  • Options
    afarrafarr Registered Users 2 Posts
    How do you zoom the gun in and out from the computer?