Options

Deer Hunter 2014 Cloud vs.Local storage

jsalasjsalas Registered Users 1 Posts
How do you switch back to local storage? I lost all newly purchased weapons and progress in the game by accidentally choosing cloud.

Comments

• Options
    lexir38lexir38 Registered Users 1 Posts
    jsalas wrote: »
    How do you switch back to local storage? I lost all newly purchased weapons and progress in the game by accidentally choosing cloud.

I have the same situation, and it happened for the second time! Developers ask you to clarify what can be done, I do not intend to pay twice for the same weapon!
  • Options
    EcthaelionEcthaelion Registered Users 5 Posts
    This also happened to me tonight. When prompted, I chose Cloud storage and as a result lost several days' worth of progress, multiple levels, and two high-end weapons. I want to switch back to Local storage, as this may help me reclaim my progress.
  • Options
    ryagermanryagerman Registered Users 4 Posts
    Same thing just happened to me. Chose cloud storage and lost a ton of progress including the coin only bought region 4 shotgun
  • Options
    FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    It appears that players are not reading the screen when prompted for Google Cloud data. Please take a look at this example:

dhcloudsave.jpg

The screen prompts you to select what data you want to use and provides an idea of each option. for Cloud: "level" "missions completed" and the date of the cloud save. The other option local (your device) only "level" "missions completed", no date.

In this case whoever is selecting CLOUD would be going back to a previous save since it's 26 missions completed on Cloud and 31 on local, you want to keep your local in this case. This is what most likely players are doing without realizing that these quick select options without reading are overwriting their own progress.

This feedback has been sent to the team asking for a better display of these selection so players do not rush into making the wrong selection.

I hope this explains the situation. Please pay attention to what these options are before making the selection.
  • Options
    Francis wrote: »
    It appears that players are not reading the screen when prompted for Google Cloud data. Please take a look at this example:

dhcloudsave.jpg

The screen prompts you to select what data you want to use and provides an idea of each option. for Cloud: "level" "missions completed" and the date of the cloud save. The other option local (your device) only "level" "missions completed", no date.

In this case whoever is selecting CLOUD would be going back to a previous save since it's 26 missions completed on Cloud and 31 on local, you want to keep your local in this case. This is what most likely players are doing without realizing that these quick select options without reading are overwriting their own progress.

This feedback has been sent to the team asking for a better display of these selection so players do not rush into making the wrong selection.

I hope this explains the situation. Please pay attention to what these options are before making the selection.

Actually, I normally do look at that to know which one to select. However, on my last one that made me lose my coin bought shotgun, it showed the same data for both of them so I had no idea what one to pick.

I really don't mind losing game progress. But losing a gun that I got with coins and no way to recover it is BS and should be fixed
  • Options
    ryagerman: please submit a ticket to Customer Care and ask them to talk to me (Francis) about this and i'll see what I can do. when you do this, please post back here the ticket number. I'm sure there is no way to replace items in the game but i'll work on getting the issue resolved to make up for your loss. Thanks.
  • Options
    ryagerman: please submit a ticket to Customer Care and ask them to talk to me (Francis) about this and i'll see what I can do. when you do this, please post back here the ticket number. I'm sure there is no way to replace items in the game but i'll work on getting the issue resolved to make up for your loss. Thanks.

I submitted one earlier through the playstore. It's "Incident: 131204-000207"
  • Options
    Dustin5Dustin5 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Same thing happened to me today. Apparently I clicked the wrong one, lost purchased items. I feel the same way as most of you, I only care about the items i purchased. Francis, I just submitted a ticket, the reference number is #131204-000333.
  • Options
    bigmikebigmike Registered Users 1 Posts
    I'm also in the same boat here's my ticket number131205-000158
  • Options
    fabbfabb Registered Users 1 Posts
    hi, the same thing happened to me. Here's the number: # 131205-000197
    thank you very much
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for posting the ticket numbers. You will hear back from the Customer Care team soon, I have asked them to help you out as best as possible. We also gave feedback to the DH2014 team to look into the reports and make any improvements for the next game update.

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for posting the ticket numbers. You will hear back from the Customer Care team soon, I have asked them to help you out as best as possible. We also gave feedback to the DH2014 team to look into the reports and make any improvements for the next game update.

Thanks a lot for the help. They said they credited my account with credits as a one time exception. However, upon logging in I didn't see any credits added. Is there a reason that would be happening?
  • Options
    AlaskanCeltAlaskanCelt Registered Users 1 Posts
    Had the same problem. i just put in a ticket the number is #131208-000277 please help.
  • Options
    rauchfamily3rauchfamily3 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I had the same problem too. My ticket number is: 131208-000290
  • Options
    warhawkwarhawk Registered Users 1 Posts
    I had the same problem too! Please help me! #131210-000382
  • Options
    deerhunter2014rideerhunter2014ri Registered Users 1 Posts
    I do not see where I have a choice between cloud or local storage. I have lost nearly half of my progress and half of my weapons I had every thing maxed out and lost over a million of the game bucks. Where do I or how do I choose between the cloud and local. I spent $30 dollars on a google card.
  • Options
    SBus82SBus82 Registered Users 1 Posts

Here is my ticket number. Everything everyone has said, happened to me. Plz help. 131211-000277 sbus82@gmail.com
  • Options
    maje75maje75 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Had the same problem. i just put in a ticket the number is #131212-000042 please help. Thank you.
  • Options
    jrhjrh Registered Users 1 Posts
    Same problem. Ticket number is #131212-000161. My fault for not looking carefully, but I thought my data on the cloud was current.
  • Options
    Everyone Please note:

I am here to help facilitate your Interaction with Customer Care. Once you are talking to them in a ticket, please continue that conversation in that ticket and do not come back here and post to continue the discussion on the forum. The agent assigned to you in the ticket is your guide for that issue. We do not have the tools to help you with these unique situations on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Options
    I also forgot to mention that everyone else who posted tickets numbers on this page will also be handled by Customer Care. I already asked them to look into these issues.

Thank you.
  • Options
    stumpystumpy Registered Users 3 Posts
    I have the same issue - ticket #131218-000353

Thanks
  • Options
    dennis beckwithdennis beckwith Registered Users 1 Posts
    It appears that players are not reading I've screen when prompted for Google Cloud data. Please take a look at this example:

dhcloudsave.jpg

I would like to take dh2014 off of my cloud entirely.although ive i havent lost data it is prompting me to choose after each hunt and pops up occasionally while I am hunting. Is there a way I can do this? And if I have to connect to cloud to do so could you send me a link of where I have to go to do this? Cloud is too foreign to me.
  • Options
    AR-14AR-14 Registered Users 35 Posts
    how do I file a ticket?