Options

Can your teammate be hit with friendly fire?

MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
I was playing yesterday and noticed, or at least I thought I saw, my rocket strike my teammate by accident and caused him damage. I have not seen this before and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this or maybe it was my imagination. I have not tried to test fire at my teammate since because I am concerned that I might be damaging him/her. Has anyone else seen this? :confused:
FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER

Comments

• Options
    jomateixtujomateixtu Registered Users 132 Posts
    Yes Mike i see too
    Qui no guarda quan te no menja quan vol
  • Options
    Thanks for confirming, Joma. I wonder if this feature was added to the game in a "minor" update?
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    I have to think so even collision damage as I have died mysteriously several times could be a glitch. If this is in fact part of the game I am all for it as it makes you a little more careful where those rickets are aimed :-)
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    Jedi3008Jedi3008 Registered Users 8 Posts
    Hello Mike!
    I meet this problem several times ago, that is not new.
    Another one is the damage caused by collision and the last one i noticed was the number of kills i made!
    Sometimes i had 2 or 3 kills but after the fight, my kills were on the account of my teammate ....???
    I also noticed on the last few days, that the number of hackers i played against was very high!
    I had the idea to notice them all and give the list at the glu support to see what they're thinking about.
    The negative point is, i'm going to loose a lot of fights ....:-)
    Hope to hesr you soon , Mike
  • Options
    Jedi3008 wrote: »
    Hello Mike!
    I meet this problem several times ago, that is not new.
    Another one is the damage caused by collision and the last one i noticed was the number of kills i made!
    Sometimes i had 2 or 3 kills but after the fight, my kills were on the account of my teammate ....???
    I also noticed on the last few days, that the number of hackers i played against was very high!
    I had the idea to notice them all and give the list at the glu support to see what they're thinking about.
    The negative point is, i'm going to loose a lot of fights ....:-)
    Hope to hesr you soon , Mike

Hi Jedi,

I don't think it is really a problem if Glu made it so that we can shoot our teammates because it makes it more challenging. It does thi by making us be more accurate in our shooting and adds an extra twist to the game that I think makes it fun.

Damage by collision is awesome, that is one of the main things that makes this game so much fun.

I do not know about the kills showing up on your teammate. I have not experienced that. I find the scorecard for the game is fairly accurate.

Hackers? Just wondering but how do you know for sure they are hackers? As you know there are a lot of great players out there. I used to see a number of hackers in the earlier version of this game last year but have not really seen a hacker since the recent updates. When I say "hacker" this to me was a player that no matter how much you hit him he did not lose any armor or he was a player who could knock you out with one or two rockets. But thankfully, I have not seen that it in awhile.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    Hey Jedi,
    I agree with Mike regarding the hacking point, it would be very hard for anyone to determine a person was hacking.
    A few times I have encountered "indestructible" players that through the course of the game their armor never showed damage and their missiles were one or two hit kills which should not happen against a properly armored pummeler. It only happens occasionally and yes I will still play those people until the end, mine that is :-).
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    Jedi3008Jedi3008 Registered Users 8 Posts
    Ddannen wrote: »
    Hey Jedi,
    I agree with Mike regarding the hacking point, it would be very hard for anyone to determine a person was hacking.
    A few times I have encountered "indestructible" players that through the course of the game their armor never showed damage and their missiles were one or two hit kills which should not happen against a properly armored pummeler. It only happens occasionally and yes I will still play those people until the end, mine that is :-).

Hi Ddannen,
    As Mike said, a hacker is someone who can knock you down with two rockets or that the armor never shows damage. That's right, but that is what happens to me!! I played someone several times ( know hiis name) and he always knocked me (marteleur) down with 3 shots of his machine gun ....? Another one was so fast that he changed his place from one to the other side within a half of a second ....???? The last one was a never damaged retro which i hit the hole fight without have a chance to destroy him! His armor never get down less than 1/4 ....? On my opinion, it is not so hard to determine real hackers :) The possibilities we have with the different wappons and cars are limited, so if someone smashed my car with two bullets ...!!!??? Hope to play you soon .....;) Salut et a plus
  • Options
    Jedi3008 wrote: »
    Hi Ddannen,
    As Mike said, a hacker is someone who can knock you down with two rockets or that the armor never shows damage. That's right, but that is what happens to me!! I played someone several times ( know hiis name) and he always knocked me (marteleur) down with 3 shots of his machine gun ....? Another one was so fast that he changed his place from one to the other side within a half of a second ....???? The last one was a never damaged retro which i hit the hole fight without have a chance to destroy him! His armor never get down less than 1/4 ....? On my opinion, it is not so hard to determine real hackers :) The possibilities we have with the different wappons and cars are limited, so if someone smashed my car with two bullets ...!!!??? Hope to play you soon .....;) Salut et a plus
    It can be no fun to encounter these players.

Couple of things I have picked up recently, if I am shooting at a vehicle and its not taking damage I move on to the other opponent or the charge/flag because because the car is not there and moved on and what I am observing in those cases is network lag.

The same goes for the vehicle that moves from one end of the board to the other as if by magic. I had this one guy cursing at me telling me I was cheating for these two problems he was experiencing when he played against me. I DON'T CHEAT, yet he believed I was because of the unusual behavior of the game. Lol the fool still chases me down every game we are in as opponents.

Now totally different is the guy that shoots you just a few times and you die, that I cannot explain and this has happened to me more times than I want to remember.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    POLEREX_11POLEREX_11 Registered Users 195 Posts
    Mike I have given my partner damage before we even encountered the opponents or even what the opponents vehicles are,and I would like to point his name out......Clayton,we were pushing each other to get the double damage block but instead we both tumbled and i gave him damage,instead the opponents got the double damage and than we lost, but he said something about how did i get damaged withought seeing the opponents?So i guess it was friendly fire as collision but to make things even weirder that when i just got the ghost and i didnt have any collision damage boosters :confused: than I said I got damaged too but to make things even more weirder the damage went to almost half the ghost and thats where i was even more confused:confused: plz tell me wtf is happening and if friendly fire is really for sure real in this game i dont think being partners is really a good thing
    MUAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER
  • Options
    POLEREX_11 wrote: »
    Mike I have given my partner damage before we even encountered the opponents or even what the opponents vehicles are,and I would like to point his name out......Clayton,we were pushing each other to get the double damage block but instead we both tumbled and i gave him damage,instead the opponents got the double damage and than we lost, but he said something about how did i get damaged withought seeing the opponents?So i guess it was friendly fire as collision but to make things even weirder that when i just got the ghost and i didnt have any collision damage boosters :confused: than I said I got damaged too but to make things even more weirder the damage went to almost half the ghost and thats where i was even more confused:confused: plz tell me wtf is happening and if friendly fire is really for sure real in this game i dont think being partners is really a good thing

I am fairly certain at this point that there is friendly fire, which I like because it makes the game much more realistic and more fun. What I have noticed is that friendly fire usually does not occur if none of your opponents are near you. However, once it becomes a full fledged battle, where ALL players are in close proximity, then friendly fire occurs. It seems to turn off when it is just you and your teammate screwing around and shooting each other. The game seems to know that.

Think of of the U.S. NAVY SEALS. A good portion of their training is not how to kill the enemy but rather learning on how NOT to kill their fellow comrades. The friendly fire aspect of this game forces the best players to be precise and accurate in their fire towards the enemy (like NAVY SEALS) and adds an extra element of challenge to the game by making you avoid shooting your teammates or risk losing the game. This is such a sweet part of the game. Keep it coming GLU!!!!
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    POLEREX_11POLEREX_11 Registered Users 195 Posts
    hmmm theres also this other time whereas i was trainwrecks partner and after we killed kate a blackvoid user we saw the fire on the pummler stop and than 3 secs after the fire stopped......he died.......i didnt do anything to him :(,and i thought we gonna win but to win i needed a two man job,in which it turned out to be one.....
    MUAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER