Options

OK.. How does the Dating "Timer" Work?

WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
I've still never figured it out.
Does anyone know?

I've been trying to go on a 1 or 2 hour date for 3 hours!?!?
ALL that's available is an 8 hour!?

No way!
Misty's fashion show is in 3 hours... Grrrrrr!
I want to save my energy for that.

Comments

• Options
    LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    Well you can't choose how long the dates are. I noticed when you first start dating someone it's low hours, but once you start ranking higher with your other half, you start getting longer hours. It happens to me, don't know if others noticed it.
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • Options
    Thanks. I finally found a 1 hour date!

You know that you can keep hitting "cancel date" until you find one with a time that you like, right? It doesn't negatively affect your relationship in any way. I've only done a few that were more than a few hours. You still move up the same... we've moved 9 places since the update & for some reason I earned a K Star on this last one. I think they run/change lengths on a timer, like the "tapables".... :)
  • Options
    LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    Sweet! Lol
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Wish wrote: »

You know that you can keep hitting "cancel date" until you find one with a time that you like, right? It doesn't negatively affect your relationship in any way.

This is the way to do it. ;)
  • Options
    TamiTami Registered Users 376 Posts
    Wish wrote: »
    Thanks. I finally found a 1 hour date!

You know that you can keep hitting "cancel date" until you find one with a time that you like, right? It doesn't negatively affect your relationship in any way. I've only done a few that were more than a few hours. You still move up the same... we've moved 9 places since the update & for some reason I earned a K Star on this last one. I think they run/change lengths on a timer, like the "tapables".... :)

I think so too. I tested this out before, and I was able to get a different date duration after 10 minutes of waiting. But I've only tested this a couple of times, so I could be wrong lol.
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    This is the way to do it. ;)

Ha ha!! ;)
  • Options
    TamiTami Registered Users 376 Posts
    Tested this again 20 mins ago. I was able to get a different time after 10 mins, give or take 2 mins. But when I tested this earlier today, it didn't work. So I'm not saying it happens all the time, but the earliest time change can be in 10 minutes lol.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Yesterday I got an 8 hour when I went to Vegas to MG. Then I did something else for about an hour or so, tried MG again and it was down to 1 hour. Of course for every smart move, I make a dumb one. Sometimes I just forget to check the time and start the date absentmindedly. Usually that is the worst time in the worst place. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    UGH. Ok, An Android just pulled an 8 hour date, I said 'oh no you didn't' cancelled the date and checked the time. It was 9:30ish. So I did other stuff, came 40 minutes later, tried another date and it was 8 hours again. I just took the darn thing. So, you have no guarantee. It was worth the shot though.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Yeah... since the countdown timer to actually go on the date is 9hrs... I just try for a bit, until I find a 1 or 2 hr date. I think it runs in order... (8, 4, 2, 1, altho I have seen a few 12 & even a 24hr one... nuts!)

I seem to almost always find a 1 Hour... right after the 8 hour ones.