Options

Wrong Name of my Fiance on Shake It Off quest

I am currently doing the Shake It Off quest where I am supposed to go on three, Five- Star Dates with my current fiance to prove to the media that he is not cheating on me. I just realized that the person's name on the quest whom I am supposed to go on dates on isn't even my fiance. It's a random dude whom I have only Networked with. I went on one five star with my fiance and the quest didn't even recognize it as 1/3. The timer is ticking and I am afraid I will not be able to complete this quest due to in game error.

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Is your current fiance a real person, or is your current fiance an NPC (non player character)? I have a spouse, whose name and appearance change a lot, probably due to connection problems, but each time I am called for a date, regardless of name or looks, I get credit for it. In fact, sometimes my screen will say Go out with C in 9 hours 10 minutes, but an hour later when I take the date, it's the different name it's D, and now my screen says Go out with D in 8 hours 10 minutes, and when I take it, I still get the spouse credit.

I'm wondering if this could be your issue, Otherwise, another thing I noticed in that Shake it Off quest, I mistakenly called my guy for a date, but because I didn't wait to take the 'scheduled' date, my date was just an extra and didn't come off the quest.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
    I'm sorry I have no real advice or anything to add... lol when I saw this post I thought it was some Taylor Swift quest that I didn't get!! Shake it off... shake it off :D
  • Options
    HelphelpHelphelp Registered Users 124 Posts
    Hey, guys!

I just got the quest called Shake It Off and it says I have to go on three dates with "your Cole Simpson before the mainstream media breaks the story" but I'm not dating someone called Cole Simpson

I didn't realise it said Cole Simpson so I went on a date with my fiancee and then I realised it didn't say 1/3? I don't even have a Cole Simpson in my friends list thing :(
  • Options
    Did you check your NPC contact list? Shake it off sounds vaquely familiar to me. There are a lot of Coles in my npc list. I'll google around. Another day in Calabasas. lol. BRB

Ok, eta - just saw this quest first came out in October. I do remember having to do 3 dates, but if you don't have a Cole Simpson, hmmmm, ok, I'm thinking sometimes the game has different names for us? I know when my Spouse wants a date, a message pops up from "Schmeldon" ok, I don't know schmeldon, but by now I realize he shows up on my game as "Mel Midnight" So, the notice comes in Schmeldon says "Sorry I missed you. Want to hang out" I choose accept. Then I go to a restaurant, click on Mel Midnight, call him into the date, and when I'm done, the little tab saying I had 9 hours and 40 minutes to go on a date with Schmeldon has disappeared.

Do you have anyone that might be this Cole Simpson?

Till someone else speaks up, those are my only two thoughts about Cole Simpson.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    My fiancee is called max fraser, but there's someone called Cole in my friends list but their last name is not simpson, but if i go on a date with someone else wont my fiancee break up with me?!
  • Options
    What device/platform are you on? no, I don't think it's that other Cole. Ok, why don't you and I both try a search of the forum for Shake it Off? maybe going back when it first came out will have some info that could help.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    Did you check your NPC contact list? Shake it off sounds vaquely familiar to me. There are a lot of Coles in my npc list. I'll google around. Another day in Calabasas. lol. BRB

Ok, eta - just saw this quest first came out in October.

KoKo. Love you and all but I'm a little OCD. OK ALOT. You do know "ETA" means Estimated Time of Arrival right? Sorry if I sound a little snobby. It's a pet peeve. I can be very unaware of another usage of this acronym, if so, can you fill me in?? Sorry ;) I really needed to get that off my chest. Xoxox >hand hug<
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
  • Options
    Breen819 wrote: »
    KoKo. Love you and all but I'm a little OCD. OK ALOT. You do know "ETA" means Estimated Time of Arrival right? Sorry if I sound a little snobby. It's a pet peeve. I can be very unaware of another usage of this acronym, if so, can you fill me in?? Sorry ;) I really needed to get that off my chest. Xoxox >hand hug<

Breen, I'm often scattered but in this case I have to ask, do you not know that in forum speak ETA means Edited To Add

ETA: I want to explain the reasoning behind it. If you make a post, and then soon want to clarify you can make a new post, or time permitting you go in to amend or change the existing post.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    And note to Help.help - I found this thread from 2 weeks ago, so I merged them. lol. I knew it sounded familiar. Maybe you can contact the first poster and ask what the outcome was?

In my case, as you can see I dated the wrong person (my spouse) then I went on the date THEY told me to go on, then finishd the 3 dates with my husband, but the weekend was such a blur game wize that all I know is, it worked out in the end.

I definitely did 3 dates with my hubby, and the task finished, but the person they told me to date had been an ex romantic partner, so once I dated her, and then went back to my husband, she broke up with me, and I'm still fine with hubby. One date with another person SHOULDN"T make probs with your fiance. But each game is different, so YMMV or your mileage may vary. Meaning what worked for me or someone else might not work for you
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    Breen, I'm often scattered but in this case I have to ask, do you not know that in forum speak ETA means Edited To Add

ETA: I want to explain the reasoning behind it. If you make a post, and then soon want to clarify you can make a new post, or time permitting you go in to amend or change the existing post.

OMG I love you. I just learned something new and now when I read your posts I don't have to have an anxiety attack reading estimated time of arrival. Am I showing my age. Jeesh, I use to know all this stuff. Thank you.
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
  • Options
    Aww no problem glad I could help. Now if we could just help help.help find their date we'd be sitting pretty!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    The Shake It Off quest was about being seen out & about with your fiancée just before your wedding because Willow had spread rumors of cheating inside your relationship. So, if Helphelp already went on a date with her man, but it didn't accomplish any of the three dates, then she has a glitch that needs help, right? I mean, there's no way she can conjure a random new fiancée out of thin air to satisfy her senile copy of KKH... I think she needs to get technical help, unfortunately!

Speaking of senile, I've banned myself from using acronyms at all since I never remember them well. For instance, I'm forever having to google SMH (shaking my head). This senility may come in handy when my girls are old enough to start slinging the cool acronyms of the day at me-- if they say something harsh and teenagery, but I have no idea what they've said, then I can still be their loving mother. Oh, Magoo! (I just realized that I'm turning into Simon Orsik.)
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    Hi guys, thanks for the replies :)

I went on three dates with my fiancee but it didn't count as one of the three :(

It says go on a date with "your cole simpson" I have no idea who that is lol
  • Options
    Man, that really stinks!

Obviously, I'm just guessing, but it seems unlikely that anyone here will have any kind of anecdotal-experience fix for you. I think you need to follow these directions in order to submit the most efficient ticket.
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?118762-If-you-are-experiencing-issues-in-KKH-PLEASE-READ

Good luck, hon!

• Options
    I think I'll just have to leave it and fail the quest because the quest runs out in about 10 hours :( And the tickets usually take a couple of days to get a response, but thanks guys!!

Btw my name is help help because I couldn't think of anything better at the time LOL
  • Options
    True, they definitely won't help you in time to finish the three dates. I'm curious to see if you can still get married without getting that fixed! Please update us, if you feel like it later on!

• Options
    Okay, I'll tell you what happens! :)
  • Options
    I broke up with my fiancee before I got the chance to marry him, he was boring me and I wanted to date someone else who was on the A list hahahahaaha Lol