Options

Only getting 8 hour dates?

starshapedstarshaped Registered Users 37 Posts
Hi everyone, since Friday I've only been getting 8 hour dates which is making doing both dating and the Cassio quests pretty hard. Am I just really unlucky or does it sound like something's not right? Thanks :-)
Add me on g+, Charlie Watson

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    If you get a date time you don't want , try this trick of cancelling the date, waiting (some say 20 minutes, I like to give it a little longer) and calling your partner for a date again (some say different place, I'm lazy I keep trying Mirragio Grande ;) ) You usually get a different length date. Hope this helps. If you're working toward the red dress, then try throwing some parties.

But the date thing is always a little strange. It's only been since Friday, try the trick see if that works for you, or else just see what happens next week. At least it's not 24 hour dates. lol. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    girlracer24girlracer24 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Also try different locations because I think at the fancier places the length of the dates have tended to be longer versus when I go Brew Palms dates generally don't last longer than 2 hours.
  • Options
    Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    I do the " wait 15 minutes and try again " and it usually gives me a different time, so def try it. I've actually been getting all 2 hr dates which are only giving me 8 +3 event points but I just finished the K.I.S.S.I.N.G gig and got 30 +9 cupcakes to my surprise. I'm only 37 cupcakes away from the dress and I was actually going to throw in the towel after spending so much just getting to the shoes. Then I found out the gigs were giving cupcakes as well-- which is surprising bc usually it tells you that you'll get event points if you complete it... sooo maybe 2 more parties and a date and I'll be good. Kinda bummed I didn't get any cool VDAY gift boxes. Just the stockings. I see that white lil dress with red hearts on a lot of people and I like those black shoes with the gold heart but I can't spend 40 Stars with the possibility of getting energy or money...
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I had the same thing breen, I got 2 lots of money in my gift boxes and really wanted the shoes and ring but don't want to spend stars just to get money or energy. When I've finally finished this 8 hour Cassio event I'll go dating again, see if it changes.
  • Options
    ClaireInGameClaireInGame Registered Users 258 Posts
    If you get a date time you don't want , try this trick of cancelling the date, waiting (some say 20 minutes, I like to give it a little longer) and calling your partner for a date again (some say different place, I'm lazy I keep trying Mirragio Grande ;) ) You usually get a different length date. Hope this helps. If you're working toward the red dress, then try throwing some parties.

But the date thing is always a little strange. It's only been since Friday, try the trick see if that works for you, or else just see what happens next week. At least it's not 24 hour dates. lol. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Wait, there's 24 hour dates???? Egad, DNW!
    Google + account name : Wolfee1029
    also my brand new Facebook account Shelby Wolfee
  • Options
    WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
    starshaped wrote: »
    Hi everyone, since Friday I've only been getting 8 hour dates which is making doing both dating and the Cassio quests pretty hard. Am I just really unlucky or does it sound like something's not right? Thanks :-)

Agree with the other replies. I've tested it a bit & it seems to be on a timer... check every 20 minutes or so. It will change & yes, cancel the date if you don't like the date length!! :)
  • Options
    AshliejbAshliejb Registered Users 110 Posts
    Try the hamptons. I've gone there the last few dates and they're only 2-4 hr dates. And going there has gotten me the star bonus at the beginning of the date.
  • Options
    Ashliejb wrote: »
    Try the hamptons. I've gone there the last few dates and they're only 2-4 hr dates. And going there has gotten me the star bonus at the beginning of the date.

Honestly I would bet money on this, because I've tested the dating timer out to a huge degree (150+ dates last weekend alone lol)... it definitely does Not matter where you date. If you happen to find a 1 or 2 hour date in the Hamptons, jump on a flight to Dubai, LA, wherever.. it will be 1 or 2 hours as well.... unless you're just hitting the tailend of the timer. I've managed to hit Four... 1 hour dates in a row at Oak (then hitting Vintage Wine & ending the date within 2 minutes) using this method. I haven't noticed a pattern to date lengths however.... they don't seem to generate in any order (1hr, 2hr, 4hr, 8hr) & randomly change. I haven't seen a 24hr date or gig in a while. As far as a bonus at the beginning... is that the heart bonus? Bonuses have nothing to do with where you date.... but how many heart items (clothes, furnishings, accessories, pets) you have purchased.

Hope this helps... it's all computer generated :)
  • Options
    AshliejbAshliejb Registered Users 110 Posts
    Oh. I thought it was the location. I've gotten 5 the last 5 times. I never got heart bonuses before but I was wearing some items I was gifted. I wasn't able to get them before. That must be why I got the bonus.
  • Options
    Ashliejb wrote: »
    Oh. I thought it was the location. I've gotten 5 the last 5 times. I never got heart bonuses before but I was wearing some items I was gifted. I wasn't able to get them before. That must be why I got the bonus.

Yes, you're right... you should get some cupcake bonuses on your dates for having some Valentines Day clothes (you don't have to wear them tho, they'll still count!) the more extras, the more cupcakes! Try the dating timing thing, change locations & see. Always nice to date where it doesn't cost cash too... like the Hamptons... good luck getting your rewards :)
  • Options
    I forgot to say after but I stopped having 4 hour dates. Thanks everyone :-)
  • Options
    Awesome news. I didn't believe it either, but you CAN shop around for different date durations .
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Awesome news. I didn't believe it either, but you CAN shop around for different date durations .

I feel like all I got were 1 hour dates the whole weekend. Does it depend at all on how far in the relationship you are? I dated a bunch of different people this weekend and they were all freshies... and only 1 hour dates for all of them.
  • Options
    When I finished a date, went out, went right back in and called for another date it was 1 hour. If I waited half an hour, I'd get 4 or 8 hour dates. And that held true for my Vegas Groom (Smartphone) my spouse since the weddings became avail (iPad) and my other Android spouse.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    starshaped wrote: »
    I forgot to say after but I stopped having 4 hour dates. Thanks everyone :-)

starshaped.... please check your "notifications" at the top of the screen... I sent you a message :)