Options

Can you re dress your husband/wife?

tarajeantarajean Registered Users 3 Posts
Can you re-dress your spouse in the game?? One of the many non fans they have told my character to re dress my husband (who is dressed horribly!!), is this possible? Please help! Thank you!!
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    camelliaelisecamelliaelise Registered Users 35 Posts
    I just would gift my ex clothes and redress him :)
    Add me! GC: cammyelise
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I read a few posts where people said they can remove a few things, I've never been able to. I've given some men clothing, but they never put them on.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I've always been able to gift & change the clothes and accessories on any NPC (computer-generated) partner, but not change the hair/hat, of course.

If I date an actual game friend, I can't do anything but give them gifts.

Koko, have you been unable to change your NPCs spouses' clothes? I'm guessing you don't date NPCs that often, right? My dolls date anything I find especially cute, regardless of gender or category...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    I just would gift my ex clothes and redress him :)

What she said. You can. I would do it all the time.
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • Options
    PsychoMichellePsychoMichelle Registered Users 38 Posts
    I can change the clothes of all NPCs even my husband.
  • Options
    RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    I read a few posts where people said they can remove a few things, I've never been able to. I've given some men clothing, but they never put them on.
    Perhaps they are simply too polite to refuse those gifts; they may consider them too expensive for your present relationship with them or may feel unduly obligated to gift you back. (Joking!)

Ψ(`▽´)Ψ . (▰˘◡˘▰) .

I redress my spouse all the time but haven't tried to re-dress other NPCs only due to cost.
  • Options
    RubyD wrote: »
    Perhaps they are simply too polite to refuse those gifts; they may consider them too expensive for your present relationship with them or may feel unduly obligated to gift you back. (Joking!)

Ψ(`▽´)Ψ . (▰˘◡˘▰) .

I redress my spouse all the time but haven't tried to re-dress other NPCs only due to cost.

Or maybe they just don't like the purple clothes I pick out. lol. What is the process you use to redress them? I married hot looking bad boys, and they've turned into Danny Tanner in full house. See what I've turned them into??????Wah wah
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I've always been able to gift & change the clothes and accessories on any NPC (computer-generated) partner, but not change the hair/hat, of course.

If I date an actual game friend, I can't do anything but give them gifts.

Koko, have you been unable to change your NPCs spouses' clothes? I'm guessing you don't date NPCs that often, right? My dolls date anything I find especially cute, regardless of gender or category...

Ahh, so if they have all the shirts, since I can't gift him one, I can't put it on him?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
    tarajean wrote: »
    Can you re-dress your spouse in the game?? One of the many non fans they have told my character to re dress my husband (who is dressed horribly!!), is this possible? Please help! Thank you!!

Having been married 3 times, I have some experience in this area!

Re-clothing my hubby is pretty much the first thing I do! To remove something dreadful an NPC spouse is wearing, hit "Gift" & find the offensive item in their wardrobe... it will be highlighted in purple around the item, simply tap it (I remove all ugly sunglasses, scarves, jewelry from everyone in my game this way... not just my spouse!) if it's a shirt or something imperative, you'll need to buy them something to replace it. Of course, you cannot remove ugly hats & hairdos (unfortunately!)

To completely dress them... hit Gift & re-clothe away!
  • Options
    Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    Wish wrote: »
    Having been married 3 times, I have some experience in this area!

Re-clothing my hubby is pretty much the first thing I do! To remove something dreadful they're wearing, hit "Gift" & find the offensive item in their wardrobe... it will be highlighted in purple around the item, simply tap it (I remove all ugly sunglasses, scarves, jewelry from everyone in my game this way... not just my spouse!) if it's a shirt or something you'll need to buy them something to replace it.

To completely dress them... hit Gift & clothe away!

I do the same exact thing.
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
  • Options
    Breen819 wrote: »
    I do the same exact thing.

hmmmm.... shocker ;)
  • Options
    Or maybe they just don't like the purple clothes I pick out. lol. What is the process you use to redress them? I married hot looking bad boys, and they've turned into Danny Tanner in full house. See what I've turned them into??????Wah wah

I just buy my NPC spouse clothing. If the items exist in the wardrobe, I switch to mix and match. I guess if the character already has the clothing then, yes, those items would be locked. I usually change up for big "Top Couple" events. I chose an E-List spouse, so the wardrobe was originally quite limited.

Must try what Wish does though for all NPCs. Hadn't even considered spending game money on non-dates, lol.
  • Options
    Ruby, this is brilliant. "Honey, I'm not cheating, but it's my big moment and you clash with the dress sweetie. Be a doll and take everybody's coat, will you? See if anyone needs a drink? Oh, and someone gave Bubbles a canape and she threw up on the rug. Be a dear and clean that up for me? Thanks Bae."

Poor guys, no wonder they don't pay for anything during the date. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options

Must try what Wish does though for all NPCs. Hadn't even considered spending game money on non-dates, lol.

Hee hee ;)

To be fair... I've only spent money on a few game dolls who needed to be put into a simple $120 little black dress.... couldn't bear bumping into them dressed like fools, constantly.

It costs nothing to hit "Gift" & ***remove*** things from someone, like those horrid vertical blind sunglasses!
  • Options
    Was Bubbles allergic? And is Bubbles a pet?

Ah, *remove*! Can we "gift, remove" any other item of clothing? (•̀⌄•́)
  • Options

Ah, *remove*! Can we "gift, remove" any other item of clothing? (•̀⌄•́)

Oh helz yes!! :)
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Yes. I got tired of seeing his dopey shorts and gifted him a black suit. He looks much better, now.

However I am not sure how we would change clothes other than to regift. Can we dress them like our own avatar?
  • Options
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Yes. I got tired of seeing his dopey shorts and gifted him a black suit. He looks much better, now.

However I am not sure how we would change clothes other than to regift. Can we dress them like our own avatar?

No that's one of the problems, you can gift them clothing and what not, but you HAVE to buy. We can't try things out for them. Hopefully they make that available to do.
  • Options
    Yes that would be good if we could see them on the doll first.

I meant though, after you buy the clothes, and want to put something else on them...can you later change them back into the first set?
  • Options
    Yes that would be good if we could see them on the doll first.

I meant though, after you buy the clothes, and want to put something else on them...can you later change them back into the first set?

You can't try it? I'll check for you if you want.
  • Options
    I keep forgetting to and I'm afraid he will lose the clothes I bought him...when I got those I hardly had any money to spare and I like him in black.

That'd be great, if you let me know. Thanks :)
  • Options
    I keep forgetting to and I'm afraid he will lose the clothes I bought him...when I got those I hardly had any money to spare and I like him in black.

That'd be great, if you let me know. Thanks :)

Okay, just checked! Now if your husband is an NPC, you can put on old clothes you bought him before. If it's a friend, you can't. :)
  • Options
    Thanks. Much appreciated :D

Hubs is an NPC, I got hitched up in Florence before I knew how to add any friends.

Thanks again! :)
  • Options
    Thanks. Much appreciated :D

Hubs is an NPC, I got hitched up in Florence before I knew how to add any friends.

Thanks again! :)

You're welcome, darling. :o
  • Options
    <3:)

Thank you for being nice.
  • Options
    LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    It's great being able to re dress them it's a shame we can't change their hairstyle. My husband is constantly wearing a hat and going for fancy meals in the hamptons etc it just doesn't fit in. I've also changed some NPCs outfits as some of them were just so fugly. One wearing a jumper with the coloured beads necklace, the mustard a line skirt with the space tights. I wonder if the outfits are applied at random! Poor things
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • Options
    Lol. I have wondered that, too. Some of the NPCs definitely seem 'randomly generated.'

The first 'husband' the game put me with in the tutorial phase or whatever, was horrific looking. Dressed in the dark, and had bright green hair which clashed with his skin tone...ugh! I divorced him as soon as I could :p

The other NPC men were almost as hideous, but finally I found one that wasn't too bad, and snapped him up. I thought maybe going the wedding route would help me to level up faster. But his clothes... :/
  • Options
    Lol. I have wondered that, too. Some of the NPCs definitely seem 'randomly generated.'

The first 'husband' the game put me with in the tutorial phase or whatever, was horrific looking. Dressed in the dark, and had bright green hair which clashed with his skin tone...ugh! I divorced him as soon as I could :p

The other NPC men were almost as hideous, but finally I found one that wasn't too bad, and snapped him up. I thought maybe going the wedding route would help me to level up faster. But his clothes... :/
    Bright green hair?! Doll, what were you thinking, lol. BTW, tried to send you a pm about something you mentioned on another topic in the official suggestion thread, but you've disabled that feature. Invite GC & FB friend players on gigs before gifting, and they will become industry contacts rather than friend contacts. Gifting after that keeps them in the industry friend zone & won't make them romantic interests.

⚈้̤͡ ˌ̫̮ ⚈้̤͡
  • Options
    Aren't there also clothes that separate industry from relationship? Like we see for ourselves in wardrobe? Stars and hearts? Does that carry over when gifting as well?

Maybe that helps as well to not have many boyfriend/girlfriends. :o
  • Options
    Aren't there also clothes that separate industry from relationship? Like we see for ourselves in wardrobe? Stars and hearts? Does that carry over when gifting as well?

Maybe that helps as well to not have many boyfriend/girlfriends. :o
    You make an excellent observation. I wonder if the type of contact limits or dictates the clothing options we are offered for gifting. It would make sense for it to be this way. Might that be why we won't receive as high a reward for using a romantic interest on a gig?