Options

Delete contacts from GC

itsmauroitsmauro Registered Users 100 Posts
I deleted some contacts from GC that aren't playing the game anymore since last year but they don't disappear from my KKH game, why is that?
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    No one really knows why. Some say they go away over time. For me deletes never disappear.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    I'm still waiting for a few people to delete themselves. They have the blue star, so I don't need that but it's taking longer than ever.
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • Options
    itsmauroitsmauro Registered Users 100 Posts
    I'm still waiting for a few people to delete themselves. They have the blue star, so I don't need that but it's taking longer than ever.

What do you mean with blue star?
  • Options
    itsmauro wrote: »
    What do you mean with blue star?

It's the rank star but blue. No idea why some of my GC friends show up like that so I had to delete them if there's no progress. I'm just waiting until they disappear completely from the game.

boddRre.jpg
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    When an account or game goes inactive. Deletes or otherwise isn't connecting anymore, the Star that has our Letter A-E with our number underneath goes blue, with no Letter and no number. At least that's what I've seen.

Oddly just recently a few Blue Stars have returned to a much lower Letter and number than they were previously. So I'm keeping an eye on them to see if I see them in the game or not. BUt that's pretty much my interpretation of the Blue Star.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    That makes sense, but what if it's from recent people who friend requested me? or even an NPC, like the picture I posted? I would think a person who sent me a friend request was because they play the game daily or a few times but not be inactive.

I had mentioned in the thread about Sassi when she had to start all over again that once in a while I would check up on her to see if her status changed and she would have higher-lower fans but still have the three question marks. It's a mystery!
  • Options
    mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    itsmauro wrote: »
    I deleted some contacts from GC that aren't playing the game anymore since last year but they don't disappear from my KKH game, why is that?

Does anyone know if there have been any updates from Glu regarding this issue? I'm trying to delete inactives on my list that are clogging up my top 10 and will make it very difficult to restart my comeback when the time comes. Their names have disappeared, but they are still ranked on my list.

Is it worth sending a support ticket?
    GC: redsoxxygal
  • Options
    I don't think it's Glu. Sassi88 and I both deleted each other on Game Center, and within 3 days, we were out of each others games. (Still trying to get back with her new game but that's another story) So, I'm thinking it disappears faster if it's a mutual deletion?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    mindybunny wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there have been any updates from Glu regarding this issue? I'm trying to delete inactives on my list that are clogging up my top 10 and will make it very difficult to restart my comeback when the time comes. Their names have disappeared, but they are still ranked on my list.

Is it worth sending a support ticket?

Hi there, just so you know, as the miss lovely Koko has stated before, if deleting contacts is not working out then there are two other things you should know

1) Sign out of GC, you won't lose any progress but your friends will most likely not show up, thus making it easier for you to climb to number 1.

2) If you have already reached max fans in your game, then most likely in your game you are already number 1, so you will still have the comeback option to do, you should be able to just tap on your star rating, and then it should pop up after that.

But if you are really trying to delete them then follow Koko's advice. She is a Mod for a reason;)
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    Hi there, just so you know, as the miss lovely Koko has stated before, if deleting contacts is not working out then there are two other things you should know

1) Sign out of GC, you won't lose any progress but your friends will most likely not show up, thus making it easier for you to climb to number 1.

2) If you have already reached max fans in your game, then most likely in your game you are already number 1, so you will still have the comeback option to do, you should be able to just tap on your star rating, and then it should pop up after that.

But if you are really trying to delete them then follow Koko's advice. She is a Mod for a reason;)

I never suggested signing out of GC. I'm all about doing the tasks, and getting there eventually rather than trying to trick any processes. I am too afraid of technical consequences. When the comeback first started, my first two devices took the comeback, and then I came here, because everyone was all about the Comeback, what did it mean, etc. So by the time my 3rd device came on, as I was hitting the comeback, I fell first to #2, then #8 and then it settled in at 54 for a while. The option wasn't available anymore. So I just keep working till I got back up there from 300Million some odd fans, and then grabbed the comeback for the last device. Maybe my advice isn't for everyone, because I stress to just do the tasks, enjoy the game, and having been up there at max fans with no where to go, I'm actually enjoying the climb back.

If you sign out of GC, I'd be too afraid of losing other aspects of my game when I signed back in. But that's just me. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Lol, sorry Koko I think I heard that advice from someone else..hhmm
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    Thanks for the advice koko and Noona! :) I never stopped to think and realize that it was probably a GC issue and not a Glu issue. I'll just be patient and see what happens.
    GC: redsoxxygal
  • Options
    The signing out of GC works amazingly well for me. As I've told another person that is having trouble with getting the comeback because of friends passing her constantly. She did mention it didn't work for her and I have just tried the solution with Jjewells!, so I have no idea why it didn't work for her when she has GC as well.

Anyone can try this IF they want to, but from myself and Jjewells!, it does work and nothing happens to any sort of progress. You can easily sign back on GC and everything, friend progress and what not, will return back to normal.

This advice is for those who are a little cranky with the constant down ranking and want to get to the top immediately. It doesn't have to be a constant thing but if it's just for the comeback, then by all means.
  • Options
    mindybunny wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice koko and Noona! :) I never stopped to think and realize that it was probably a GC issue and not a Glu issue. I'll just be patient and see what happens.

You're welcome, but I was only passing along my experiences. If signing out of GC works for people great, but I have seen so many people try things, and then lose their game, go back a few levels, and everything in between, so I'm a bird in the hand thinker when it comes to things I don't have a blueprint for.

And had my last Android game not gotten the Comeback offer back within a few days, I might have tried everything. In the end, it's your game, and while we all have advice for you, ultimately it's your game and you have to be the one making the final decision of what to do.

I've seen games that have been fine the night before, just open up one day and be back at the very beginning, no clothes, no friends, nothing but Kim running into So Chic in a jam. A friend lost everything, and I put myself in their position and imagine how I'd feel. So that's the main reason you'll always hear me taking the safer way out. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    DollfacexxDollfacexx Registered Users 208 Posts
    I'm having a similar issue. I was on level 27 and decided to restart. My boyfriend downloaded the game and my old game shows up in his Game Center. He restarted as well and now his old game shows up in my Game Center. We're trying to get the correct game on each other's Game Center. Any suggestions?
    GC: Mareahh 86
  • Options
    What do you mean "I was on level 27 and decided to restart." Reset the game to zero? There is no rhyme or reason about how long it takes for Game Center to recognize our new games. I have a friend a month ago she was forced to restart. We keep taking each other out of out Game Center lists, and then our names disappear after a while from the other's contact lists. Then when there is no trace of anything, we add each other back. I am not getting her new game. I'm only getting the no rank blue star, with her dressed in the basic clothes we came into the game in.

So, there is no clear answer. As Alkoholiks posted earlier, sometimes it works, sometimes not. I would think if you wanted a clearer answer you would have to ask Game Center, but the likelihood of that helping is slim.

If you can find how to contact GC, would you come back and post it? I know a lot of people would like to fix this. And I'm osrry I don't have any better news for you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thank you. Yes I will post if I hear anything.
  • Options
    Koko. I sent you a gc request. I can send you some gifts :)
  • Options
    Oh Dollfacexx, it will be great to play with you, but my closet is nearly full. That's very sweet, but no gifts necessary. ;) Adopt that cute kitty if you haven't already, and name it Koko.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Alright! I have been playing since the day it came out. I'm not sure why I decided to start completely over. Spontaneous regretful act. But now I'm running into problem where my and my fiancé don't have each others updated games. :(. I'm trying to find out from Apple why this happens
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're in this too. One of my best game buddies and I are trying to connect. All I see is her old star gone blue and rank-less. I'm going to try and work with her, maybe that will open it up. If I get any success in getting the new Sassi88 back, I'll be over here posting the good news so fast.

So, we're in this together, with a lot of other people. My nose says the stink is coming from GCs direction. I think they are the ones who have to get it together.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Alright. I'm still trying to contact Apple. What do you suggest I tell them?
  • Options
    This is the response I got from GLU

"Hello Maria,

Thank you for clarifying and for providing the screen shots I requested. I believe I understand what has happened now. Basically, when you uninstall the game or restart the game from the game menu, your previous character does not actually "remove" from the game. It leaves what we call a "Ghost" account for your friends that were previously connected with you. Upon starting a new game, the moment you reconnect with these friends, you will have to initiate contact with them again in order to be associated in the game. If you are romantically dating these characters, you will have to call the New version of this friend's character for a date. The "ghost" character will no longer be active so you won't actually be able to interact with it anymore. Once you have re-synced with Game Center, it may take a few minutes for the new character to appear in each others friend list.

I suggest continue game play with your new character for a few levels and then try to interact with your friend's new characters which at this point, should appear now. As long as you are all playing from a strong WiFi connection, you should be able to resume game play together with the new characters.

Regards,
    Lisa
    Glu mobile"
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this. I know it sounds like what you've been doing already, But I'm going to try this with Sassi, following Lisa's advice to the letter. It sounds like some variables like 'a few levels' but maybe time and perseverance is the key. She said it should work. Good luck and I'll let you know how I make out with Sassi*88.

Oh Sassi....come here doll.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Okay koko. I can tell you that me and my fiancé were not friends on Game Center for a couple weeks. He never disappeared. We just became friends again today so I'm waiting to see if it catches up. I have noticed now instead of just the game center name it also has our names in parenthesis. Hope it helps.
  • Options
    Koko. I sent you a GC request
  • Options
    I haven't gotten any today (I don't think. ok, maybe one early this morning, but anything before coffee doesn't count. lol) what is you GC id. And this is encouraging. I got sidetracked, I'm going to go see what Sassi*88 is looking like in my GC friends tonight. And good luck with you and he. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    interesting. i guess i will have to take Sassi out for a night on the town because she is still a blue star in my game.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been doing gigs with her since yesterday, still blue. But we have to get Sassi to call us in too. That's what apple said, Have the blue game start interacting with us.

DollFace, Keep us posted. At this point, we're following your lead.

And I didn't get your request yet, if you want post or pm me your gamecenter id and I'll add you. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    Dollfacexx wrote: »
    This is the response I got from GLU

"Hello Maria,

Thank you for clarifying and for providing the screen shots I requested. I believe I understand what has happened now. Basically, when you uninstall the game or restart the game from the game menu, your previous character does not actually "remove" from the game. It leaves what we call a "Ghost" account for your friends that were previously connected with you. Upon starting a new game, the moment you reconnect with these friends, you will have to initiate contact with them again in order to be associated in the game. If you are romantically dating these characters, you will have to call the New version of this friend's character for a date. The "ghost" character will no longer be active so you won't actually be able to interact with it anymore. Once you have re-synced with Game Center, it may take a few minutes for the new character to appear in each others friend list.

I suggest continue game play with your new character for a few levels and then try to interact with your friend's new characters which at this point, should appear now. As long as you are all playing from a strong WiFi connection, you should be able to resume game play together with the new characters.

Regards,
    Lisa
    Glu mobile"

I wonder if this will work for android. I'm pretty sure it won't but idk. It boggles me as to why glu did not have a contact delete feature. I have too many people in my contacts that are not playing the game anymore.