Options

Game started crashing out of NOWHERE

pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
I've lurked these forums for awhile now and I finally got around to joining. I've been playing the game on the same phone since it came out.
Today, out of nowhere, I opened it to continue working on a task and it worked for a few seconds before the screen went black, froze, and crashed. I restarted my phone, but the same thing keeps happening.
So now I'll only be able to play the game in 15 second intervals before it crashes unless this glitch is fixed????

Also, I am 110% sure it's because of those stupid video ads. I'm on level 31, own all the houses, a car, all the non-K star furniture, married, & was #1 before I decided to do a comeback. I haven't spent a dime of real money on the game & I know that makes ads go away. I'm very reluctant to do so, but if I finally buy something will the game stop crashing?

My phone is an old AT&T Samsung, android version 4.0.4. I've never had any problems before today.
Should I post my glu game number or something? I tried to start a ticket with Support, but the game crashes before I can do it.

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ok so sorry this is happening to you. I was playing on an old Android tab and believe me, I thought it was going to die everytime an ad popped up.

Easiest way to give you a quick fix, is to buy even the smallest pack of Stars. This will eliminate the ads. This gave renewed life to my dying tablet, I was able to play for another 5 months till Christmas brough me a new Tablet. That's my immediate line of defense. Let me re-read your post and see what else I or anyone else can offer.

No need to post any personal/game info. They don't have the ability to go in and look at your game. My suggestion is to come in here on your laptop or desktop computer, and fill out the Customer Care Ticket from this thread: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?118762-If-you-are-experiencing-issues-in-KKH-PLEASE-READ If the only problems your phone has is the crashing during the ads, then picking up a Star pack will definitely kill the ads, and if that's all that's crashing the phone then you should be in good shape.

They did do some tweaking to lessen the crashing at ads, and not too many people have been mentioning it lately. (or maybe they all bought stars?)

Anyway, I'm very sorry this is happening, I hope the removal of ads fixes it. ;) If you do fill out a Customer Care ticket, please know there is a wait. I had an issue about 10 days ago, I'm in the queue. They are in a constant state of tweaking and updating, and it's such a popular game, Customer Care has a backlog, but they will get to you as soon as possible.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok so sorry this is happening to you. I was playing on an old Android tab and believe me, I thought it was going to die everytime an ad popped up.

Easiest way to give you a quick fix, is to buy even the smallest pack of Stars. This will eliminate the ads. This gave renewed life to my dying tablet, I was able to play for another 5 months till Christmas brough me a new Tablet. That's my immediate line of defense. Let me re-read your post and see what else I or anyone else can offer.

Thanks, that's what I'm considering. But I'm going to be sooo mad if it doesn't work. I refuse to uninstall the the game and lose all my progress! I just tried clearing the cache and it didn't help.
    I assume the video ads are the problem because before one came up, the game would freeze for 1 second and switch to a black screen before playing the ad. That's what's happening now, but the ads don't play.
    It just happened for no reason, so I don't know what could be causing it:(
  • Options
    Oh, you know what else might help a little, dump all the pictures to your computer, being an android you know how to do that right? Just hook up the phone, find the phone files with the pics, I cut and paste them over to a folder on my laptop. Then you can uninstall programs that are gunking up the junk. Just take as much off your phone as you can. In my case that gave the tablet more horsepower? (Understand this is just my own personal girl speak for things). Music takes up a lot. I basically stripped down the tablet to the game, speedtest, and one other program, besides the game. But even after that, it was still scary every time I finished a task or moved to a different screen in the game. (Don't mean to push the Stars, but in my case, not only did the removal of the ads stop my game from crashing, the elimination of the ads increased the enjoyment factor a gazillion times. THe game flows more smoothly, and it not go out, wait for the ad, now walk along the street picking up energy and things, go back into my gig, wiat for the ad to end. Now continue my gig. etc. Now it was go out, grab stuff, shoot back in , do my task. It's like the difference between Commercial TV and commercial free. )

Oh, and it was such a game changer, after playing ad free for about 5 minutes, I went and bought stars for my other two games, which had no problem running the ads. That's how much better the game was.

And no, you don't want to uninstall. Some people have said they've done it a lot with no problem, others lost the game. So I am way to chicken to let you do that. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks, I will try to get rid of anything I can!

Also, I've been wondering, do you know if it's possible to transfer this KKH game to another gmail address? I made it with an account I don't really use and really wish I could use it with my main one
  • Options
    All your game progress is saved on your google+ cloud, so that's under your email I would say don't try it. You'll probably just end up with a brand new game and no progress.

WAIT WAIT WAIT. Even if you could do it, we're trying to pare down the stuff on your phone, not add a main mail. How much mail do you have on that phone? That's data, just like pictures, music, apps. Using a very low volume mail account is a good idea if you're trying to make room for the ads without buying stars. You have to decide, what's important. Prioritize. You want to stop the ads from crashing your game, but you don't know if you want to buy even the small package of stars, so I suggest dumping all the unnecessary things from your 'old' android to stop the crashing, and you'll try that, but can you also change your google+ id to your main mail, which would then be going on your phone. I feel like we're going in circles.

So, why not run a search for the issue, try 'ads crashing game' or something, you'll find a lot of threads, read over the possibilities and see if this gives you a clearer picture. Good luck, and I do know your pain. I was once in your shoes.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I deleted some apps and random stuff. This is actually just an extra phone I have- it's not in service, but I use it to play games when I can connect to wifi, haha! other than candy crush, KKH is basically the only one I use. So there's plenty of room and I even tried buy 50 Kstars, but the game kept freezing so I'm not sure if my transactions went through & accidentally spent $15!!! I canceled them so when they're cleared I'll try again. HOPEFULLY this will solve the problem. otherwise, i already contacted support so i hope this is resolved before the weekend event!
    thanks again for your help and suggestions!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. You got your cash back, so that's good, but being unable to even buy stars without crashing is crazy. Does anything happen with your other game? It is good to hear it's not your main phone. Have you considered adding another game on your new phone? You can still wait for Customer Care, but there is a wait, and this way, the game on your new phone would probably work fine.

Anyway, glad you're in the queue, and I hope it's resolved quickly.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary