Options

Nature of Relationship Change

Mr4nthonyyMr4nthonyy Registered Users 18 Posts
Now I've been playing KKH for some time so I'm quite familiar with everything, except maybe one in particular; Changing the relationship type of a FRIEND relationship.

Around the time when I originally started playing, I gifted A friend of mines and of course, it in turn made us start dating since I hadn't called Her to help at a job first. Now I thought I saw somewhere that if you call a contact you're dating to say a fashion show as professional help, it would then revert the status of the relationship to that of a professional relationship rather than dating. I've tried this so many times and I constantly have to deal with her calling to break up and me charming her to keep her around to be able to gift her and still interact (since a break up results in not only me losing fans, but me not being able to gift or invite her to things period). Is there anyway to change our relationship without me having to restart (and lord knows I won't do that since I've done the comeback) or without her restarting since she has also started her comeback?
GC: Mr4nthonyy | K&K Star (IGN: @CaelanAzai) | Feel free to add me! :D

Comments

• Options
    moonyuushinmoonyuushin Registered Users 936 Posts
    Mr4nthonyy wrote: »
    Now I've been playing KKH for some time so I'm quite familiar with everything, except maybe one in particular; Changing the relationship type of a FRIEND relationship.

Around the time when I originally started playing, I gifted A friend of mines and of course, it in turn made us start dating since I hadn't called Her to help at a job first. Now I thought I saw somewhere that if you call a contact you're dating to say a fashion show as professional help, it would then revert the status of the relationship to that of a professional relationship rather than dating. I've tried this so many times and I constantly have to deal with her calling to break up and me charming her to keep her around to be able to gift her and still interact (since a break up results in not only me losing fans, but me not being able to gift or invite her to things period). Is there anyway to change our relationship without me having to restart (and lord knows I won't do that since I've done the comeback) or without her restarting since she has also started her comeback?

Hi there,
    I'm sorry to know you're having troubles with the network/love relationship status. Sadly until now, there's no way to revert or change/switch between network and love.

Once gifting anyone, no matter that's an NPC or real friend, his/her relationship with the one who already gifted them will auto-mark as love/date. I made this mistake too and realized the precaution was: I should have took that friend/NPC to work on a gig with me 1st before sending gifts. Somehow this has become an obligation/a reminder that I have to remember after adding any GC/G+ real friends to my game.

I even tried to take them to work with me and did many gigs after they were re already marked as my dates, in hopes of turning them into network friends, but it didn't work. I realized I could take them to work with me, but they were still my dates and even no bonus points/professional rewards for me while working with them.

And I tried my hard way: asking my friends to delete me from their contacts. But after they re-added me, still nothing changed. They were still my dates, nothing was reverted.

Hopefully the future updates will let us players change and revert/switch our relationship more flexible. Or at least notices us before gifting someone that he/she will become our dates if we gift them at 1st.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    This is so frustrating to me. I was having a problem connecting to real people with my Android. Started another android game on my tablet, and I sent one game a dress from the other. Wrong color I guess because now my android was in love with her 'twin sister' ugh. so, they broke up and now one can't see the other for work or parties, except she is able to see her in contacts to give her a gift. (I guess my circumstances are different from yours Mr4nthony. Android maybe?)
    I can also buy back the relationship, but I can't make them 'work friends' My advice, don't marry real people in the game, keep them as work if you can. But the issue at hand.

You are able to sometimes change a new work to romantic relationship. Take a friend contact that you RECENTLY began working with, call them for a date. A box pops up saying this will change your professional relationship to romantic. And your work progress will be canceled out, and you'll start romantic relationship points instead. That's the only change you can make, real person work to romantic, as long as you haven't a long or maxed out work relationship.

And, you can see after Moony's wonderful explanation, that romantic to business just can't be done. You can call them into gigs, but a box pops up and says "You're dating, you won't receive points, Are you sure?" Darn, there is a pop up box for everything except that you'll be dating this person now when you give a gift. If I like pink instead of black, I'm dating now. ugh.

I am lobbying for the ability to switch romantic to work, maybe a one time amnesty, or charge us a few stars (maybe the 5 they're always trying to get to 'charm' someone at a club) to make the switch. ESPECIALLY because most of these happened because we tried to be nice to a new friend and ended up gifting them the wrong color. A box should pop up when we gift before we work with someone that says "This is a heart item. You are establishing a romantic relationship. Are you sure?" Seriously, I married my twin because of this glitch. It was creepy. Please fix this Glu. It's only fair.

If you agree with this, let's fill this puppy up with public opinion. :) Happy Sunday

We didn't date them to do this, we gave a gift. And often, it was a way I would say "Hi, thanks for playing with me." I'd get a new contact and immediately pick out a little K$ gift.

#AGiftIsJustAGift
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    So agree Koko! Please glu make it possible to change back I have done this so many times now, often its if someone gifts you and you want to immediately gift them back it makes you forget!
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    i agree. we should be able to switch. it could be done a Maria's office like a name change.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    Well, while we're on this topic, why not retain the little heart or networking icon on the items at all times in addition to letting us *see* the item to be gifted on the recipient in a pop-up window?

I'm about to begin a second game now on another device to practice what I've learned from the first doll (a strictly non-VIP game, sadly). I don't know that I'll go so far as to marry myself, but I will keep all real players as industry contacts. I want to be able to switch from romance to industry, though, especially after a breakup. I'd like the drama of having to work professionally with a former sweetheart, especially if the breakup was bitter, lol.
  • Options
    Mr4nthonyyMr4nthonyy Registered Users 18 Posts
    Thank you all for the replies. Ugh, this really sucks that I'm stuck like that with her. Yes, Glu definitely needs to add a feature to change relationships.
    GC: Mr4nthonyy | K&K Star (IGN: @CaelanAzai) | Feel free to add me! :D
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    RubyD wrote: »
    Well, while we're on this topic, why not retain the little heart or networking icon on the items at all times in addition to letting us *see* the item to be gifted on the recipient in a pop-up window?

I'm about to begin a second game now on another device to practice what I've learned from the first doll (a strictly non-VIP game, sadly). I don't know that I'll go so far as to marry myself, but I will keep all real players as industry contacts. I want to be able to switch from romance to industry, though, especially after a breakup. I'd like the drama of having to work professionally with a former sweetheart, especially if the breakup was bitter, lol.

Take my advice do not marry your second game keep your second game as a professional contact you never get called by professional contact saying I miss you let's go out you will not lose your second game as professional contact. my only choice to reconnect with my second game is to pay 41 stars but then I'm dating my second game again and that's just creepy.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary