Options

Gifting costs money?

CSpencer13CSpencer13 Registered Users 13 Posts
I was super excited to get friends added but I realized a couple of things.........
1) if someone is way higher than me in the game, I can't really gift to them because all the things available to me they already have, right?
2) Every time I try to gift someone something, I'd have to pay real money for it........I don't nearly have enough K stars to buy gifts.

I feel like a terrible friend. Is there some aspect of this I'm missing? Or am I stuck being a bad friend until I get higher in the game?

Comments

• Options
    moonyuushinmoonyuushin Registered Users 936 Posts
    CSpencer13 wrote: »
    I was super excited to get friends added but I realized a couple of things.........
    1) if someone is way higher than me in the game, I can't really gift to them because all the things available to me they already have, right?
    2) Every time I try to gift someone something, I'd have to pay real money for it........I don't nearly have enough K stars to buy gifts.

I feel like a terrible friend. Is there some aspect of this I'm missing? Or am I stuck being a bad friend until I get higher in the game?
    Hi there,

1. Yes, different levels will affect the gifting process between 2 players. If one player has a lock on the gift item and no price/blank space, means he/she already has it in wardrobe and you don't have to gift your friend that item. If that player has lower lvl than the gift item you gift, he/she won't be able to wear it till reaching that required level. And vice versa if you have lower level than your friend.

2.Not all gifts require to be bought/gifted by Kstars. There are many clothing items you can gift your friends by cash in game too. And cash is the easier and more possible-to-earn currency in game more than Kstars. So you don't have to pay real money just to gift friends.

And don't worry too much about gifting friends, you are not a bad friend if you can't afford to gift. Real friends/good friends should never judge you by how many gifts you send them.

Also you should notice this: take your friends to work before sending them any gifts to make them as network friends, unless you want to have them as your dates in stead. Gifting people without taking them on a gig with you 1st, will auto-mark them as your lovers, no longer as your network friends. And this would be unchangeable once they already became your lovers/dates.
    You can look up this thread to see what I mean:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?128374-Nature-of-Relationship-Change

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Hi Moony! Your advice is wise, I would only say that you can wear gifted items before you reach their level - a very kind GC friend gifted me a dress from two levels up I was so surprised I could wear it and super happy :D PS don't feel bad CSpencer! It's fun to have friends to collab with its not all about the gifting :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    Hi Moony! Your advice is wise, I would only say that you can wear gifted items before you reach their level - a very kind GC friend gifted me a dress from two levels up I was so surprised I could wear it and super happy :D PS don't feel bad CSpencer! It's fun to have friends to collab with its not all about the gifting :)

Oh thanks a lot Lucy :D
    It's kinda different to me though, cuz I sent a friend of mine lvl 17 a necklace lvl 28 and she said she couldn't use it though it already turned blank but still locked.
  • Options
    Oh thanks a lot Lucy :D
    It's kinda different to me though, cuz I sent a friend of mine lvl 17 a necklace lvl 28 and she said she couldn't use it though it already turned blank but still locked.
    Oh no that's a shame, oh well it'll be in a savings account for her for a while I'm sure she'll look forward to wearing it :)
  • Options
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    Oh no that's a shame, oh well it'll be in a savings account for her for a while I'm sure she'll look forward to wearing it :)
    Yeah I guess the level gaps affect the gift availability too.

If 1-4 level gap it's not a problem, friends can still receive and wear our gifts.
    But more than that, too larger gap of level may lead to the fact that friends can receive but cannot wear higher level gifts.
    Or that could be some gifting glitches too.

Thanks for helping me pointing this out Lucy :D
  • Options
    Yeah I guess the level gaps affect the gift availability too.

If 1-4 level gap it's not a problem, friends can still receive and wear our gifts.
    But more than that, too larger gap of level may lead to the fact that friends can receive but cannot wear higher level gifts.
    Or that could be some gifting glitches too.

Thanks for helping me pointing this out Lucy :D
    Np moony hope you're rocking jazzy new shades in android world! :D