Options

Question about Friends and Gifting

Maura AgustinMaura Agustin Registered Users 76 Posts
I'm honestly wondering what is the point of adding friends- I'm clearly about being generous in gifting and finding it most fun to exchange gifts. Basically I put a "sucker" tattoo on my head. If one has enough friends that they have received the benefits for being "connected", what is the point of new "friends" who make me waste money, don't gift back, and just drive down my # status.
GC ID: Maura Agustin
I love gifting those who gift me! Let's exchange!

Comments

• Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Hi Maura! Somehow I just noticed this thread. I don't look too closely in this forum usually.

I treat the friendships situation like I do in real-life. Sure, I'll try being friends with you, random stranger. Why not? But I'll only send gifts to people I have a personal (forum-socializing) connection with. I never just send gifts to whoever adds me. I don't have the money for that.

Also as in real-life, I like casually meeting more and more people because they often dress in interesting ways or say wacky stuff. It's pretty entertaining occasionally. It's also interesting to connect a new doll that appears in my game with any shenanigans that go on here in the forums.

Since I don't gift random strangers, and a number of people that I'm legitimately fond of are actually rooted/jailbroken & will force me to reach Max fans before doing a comeback again anyway, I see no added negative effects of just adding more people who send me requests. The people who have the Max possible fans aren't usually the newbs who are saying hi and want to connect. <If you have fewer friends, and don't already have any hovering at Max fans, maybe it will still matter more to you to avoid getting some of those.>

So make friends and just be generous to your actual buddies, maybe?
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19