Options

Almost there, I can feel it!!!

Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
Goodness I don't know how long it's taken me to finally get back to #1... Almost there, about 3-4million short! YaY!!

So here's my question to those that have been successful at their comebacks minus hacks of course, is there any difference between them!?!
I'm thinking of going for the love guru.. Does that mean I go or have to go on extra dates or something?!?
Thanks for the help peeps!
GC Minne622

Comments

• Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    That's awesome well done! The only real difference between the comebacks other than what dress you get is that you get a different special action, so for love guru you get one for dates, for money maker its special appearance gigs and for the fashion one its prob for catwalk jobs. By special action it means something extra to tap on which uses energy but helps to complete the job, like check lighting, mingle, dance etc. This special action takes 9 energy bolts and gives you a few extra in the exp and cash drop after tapping it (I think) plus it gives you back one energy bolt. It's not that interesting (imo), and there are no other differences like specific storylines. Comebacks are still good though, your max energy increases by 3 each time and of course free dress :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Hi Minne,

I've completed all 3 comebacks (no hack). If I had to do all over again, I would have started with Fashion Icon, than Money Maker followed by Love Guru. Strictly based on the comeback bubbles that appear on certain gigs. The bubble (I'm sure there's a better word for it) uses 9 energy bolts, but you get 15 or so blue stars in return plus 1 energy bolt.

Granted, I threw parties in my Calabasas house majority of the time to get back to the top, during weekend events I couldnt unless it was "throw a party weeken" or "VIP". If you think about it, most of the weekend events fall in the Fashion Icon category. And Glu loves to have us do weekend events where you cannot invite a friend or NPC. The comeback bubbles come in handy during these scenarios.

fashion Icon bubbles appear in
    • Runway
    • talk shows
    • Movie/TV roles

Money Maker
    • Appearances
    • Shifts at KarDash stores (pointless bcuz you don't gain any fans)

Love Guru (best dress in my opinion)
    • Dates
    (pointless bcuz you have to spend money and don't gain any fans)

Once you've completed one or more comeback you'll continue to see the bubbles that applied to comeback.

Sorry for rambling and I hope I made a little sense. Lol

Oh, in my 2nd and 3rd comeback I did not receive any storylines at all. It may have been fixed, but beware.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    Thank you guys!!
    Dmv Doll how many energies do you currently have, is it 43 for all 3 comebacks then?
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Hi Minne,

I've completed all 3 comebacks (no hack). If I had to do all over again, I would have started with Fashion Icon, than Money Maker followed by Love Guru. Strictly based on the comeback bubbles that appear on certain gigs. The bubble (I'm sure there's a better word for it) uses 9 energy bolts, but you get 15 or so blue stars in return plus 1 energy bolt.

Granted, I threw parties in my Calabasas house majority of the time to get back to the top, during weekend events I couldnt unless it was "throw a party weeken" or "VIP". If you think about it, most of the weekend events fall in the Fashion Icon category. And Glu loves to have us do weekend events where you cannot invite a friend or NPC. The comeback bubbles come in handy during these scenarios.

fashion Icon bubbles appear in
    • Runway
    • talk shows
    • Movie/TV roles

Money Maker
    • Appearances
    • Shifts at KarDash stores (pointless bcuz you don't gain any fans)

Love Guru (best dress in my opinion)
    • Dates
    (pointless bcuz you have to spend money and don't gain any fans)

Once you've completed one or more comeback you'll continue to see the bubbles that applied to comeback.

Sorry for rambling and I hope I made a little sense. Lol

Oh, in my 2nd and 3rd comeback I did not receive any storylines at all. It may have been fixed, but beware.

Wow! This is great info! I am #3 currently and working hard to get to number 1. I wasn't sure what comeback to do first, so this is very helpful. Thanks!!

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Yep! 43 :)
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Like you, I'm so close in one game I can taste a 2nd comeback. I did the Love Guru the first time, That extra button for dates is really a pain. So many times it's the only free choice left, and I only need like one or two payout stars, but I have to spend 9 energies to finish the date. I would give that button back in a heartbeat. Here's a max of 3 more energy....now we'll take 9 to complete the task, because your special button took the place of a regular one.

Oh, was that outloud? I hate the new button in my dates. I'm going to do the Fashion next - ruin those gigs too. I love the dress. lol

But Congratulations Minnie, couldn't happen to a nicer person. You can do it. You can do it. ;) Are you doing parties to rake in the fans?

And thanks so much DMV_Doll for posting that. Wonderful explanation. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Yes I did it!! It's been so long let me just enjoy it for a day, before I go back into the unknow, you only have 2 gig choices from Simon.
    Thank you KoKo!! And yes I've been partying non stop these past 2 weeks during the week.. And doing about 1-2 gigs a day to make some real money, and by real money I'm talking a whole $440 if I'm lucky!! Hahaha
    I hope you guys can sense my sarcasm there ;)
    But wow it seriously has taken me so long! Dmv any tips on how to make the comeback quicker?! Is it just party your butt off kinda thing? And I also read on here that the 3hr parties are better than the 8. Do you have a preference?
    seriously I do play a lot, like a lot a lot..lol and it still took me forever!
    GC Minne622