Options

Please, stop doing this with android players!

ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
Every single update it's the same old problem. iOS players get the update and everything it's just so happy, but we, android players, we stay just looking, verifying the Play Store all the time, and nothing happens. In last update, we have to wait FOUR days until finally receive the update. I just don't understand that, 'cause a few updates ago all the platforms received the update in the same time, or with a few hours of difference.
It is just disrespected, seriously.
(sorry my bad english, anyway)

Comments

• Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I'm trying to imagine what might be causing the staggered rollouts. I just can't believe that Glu is doing things this way on purpose or without caring about people's reactions. They've shown many times that they listen to our complaints and address them whenever possible. It feels like there's some complication that keeps dogging the updates lately...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    My company has it's own iphone and android apps, and honestly a lot of times it is slowness on google's part in approving the updates. We always aim to have them both live on the same day but quite often it's ios that is live first :(
    iOS
  • Options
    Thanks for that info, Ali! That unfortunately makes perfect sense...

And in that case, Glu might not do well by throwing its partners under the bus, which may be why they don't issue an explanation.

• Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Ali,

That makes a lot of sense. but if that's the case and it's a continuous and known problem (for any company, not just Glu) , why not send the Google update out early to accommodate and offset their approval process?

Even if the number of days for Google approval varies, I'm sure it would be safe to send it out ahead of iOS if you base it on the average amount of time it normally takes.

It's not a good look to have paying customers upset and frustrated with every update.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time πŸ˜‰

Andriod player
  • Options
    DaphyDaphy Registered Users 133 Posts
    It might be annoying to get updates later but being angry is a bit much. Its originally an iOS game, it'll just take more time to branch out its updates
  • Options
    KKH and Stardom were available on Android and iOS at the same time.

It's more annoying and frustration than anger. If it were anger, we wouldn't continue to play and chat.

I get why you can't relate bcuz you haven't been in our shoes you've always gotten the updates and the exclusive Red event.
    Daphy wrote: Β»
    It might be annoying to get updates later but being angry is a bit much. Its originally an iOS game, it'll just take more time to branch out its updates

Andriod player
  • Options
    This issue has become too sensitive for people to discuss patiently. That's too bad.

Deliberately staggering your own releases while trying to guess another company's behavior seems like it would elicit complaints, too.

Sorry people have to wait!

• Options
    I agree Luz

Andriod player
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    i've been saying it's on google for ages
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Yes **** Google. They want to rule the world, and do so by forcing too much **** down people's throats.. Google Search is wonderful, but that doesn't mean I want you to link every question that pops into my head into every screen I ever visit. Ok, no sense coming from my yet unsated coffee hole. But let's blame Google. They are the Bastids that did this. Eff em. Eff em I say. Stop tracking me on my own **** computer you stupid meglamaniacal braintrust.

I can see it being their fault.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options

Now tell me how you loooooooove the new update, and I can't enjoy it yet.
    Easy to say those things when you're not going through this, right? I'm not angry, I just want an explanation. If you can not help me, then not say things you don't know for sure. Sorry.
  • Options
    hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts

Thank you Daphy I agree with everything you just said. Glu has stated already that it is on Google Play's end. Second, it is just a game.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I don't believe I'm reading this!

In fact this is a game, but there are people playing and you can't dictate how people should or shouldn't feel about this or any other object / person / animal / thing / whatever.

Basically you're saying that people don't need to get too attached because it's no big deal. I'm glad you never gets attached to nothing in your life, then you don't need go through the feelings of loss, anxiety, waiting and can come here and show how evolved you're as a person.

I don't mind waiting, I'm not mad at it now, and I think some people certainly exaggerate, but this is a forum and people have the right to express anything they're feeling. So let's try not suppress the feelings of others!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    it's amazing how only certain people around here are allowed to express an opinion without being told to should shut up. yet those same people do the most complaining.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    When I created this thread, I just wanted an explanation, not people who are happy with they update telling me to calm down. Believe me, it's nothing helping at all. So... Go away.
    And yessss, Vats, we really read this. Sad, right?
    But sorry, I don't wanna fight, just want my update. Good night!
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    I'm sure that they release the update for both platforms at the same time it's not a Glu problem it's a Google Play problem.
  • Options
    Probably Francesca!
    ticisss wrote: Β»
    When I created this thread, I just wanted an explanation, not people who are happy with they update telling me to calm down. Believe me, it's nothing helping at all. So... Go away.
    And yessss, Vats, we really read this. Sad, right?
    But sorry, I don't wanna fight, just want my update. Good night!

WOAH you're pretty intense girl!

I hope the update come out soon for you to put all that energy in the game lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Where's Koko? I smell "popcorn" or "smoke" (I think that's the safe word)

Andriod player
  • Options
    DMV I don't know didn't get the memo!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    It's kinda funny we kinda sound like KKH junkies.

Not having the update available on all platforms at the same time is like only releasing the iPhone on Sprint, but you have AT&T or like only having Grand Theft Auto for PlayStation and not Xbox.

Yes, its just a game...No its not the end of the world, Sure we'll get the update eventually but KKH is a community (we have all complained about something at some point in time) and a game we enjoy playing and discussing our highs and lows everyday.

Andriod player
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Android update is live!!! Woo hoo!
    iOS
  • Options
    rosabearrrosabearr Registered Users 3 Posts
    I think the apple iOS update might come more quickly because there more people owning apple product which equals to more credit/debit card sales for the appl
  • Options
    SukiSuki Registered Users 111 Posts
    Yay! Thanks for the heads up Ali ☺