Options

Date Timer Detail you should know

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Hi. A few weeks ago, I had 6 hours left on the timer to go on a date with Moony, It started out at 10 like they all do, but I was in the middle of a long gig. So with 6 hours left I'm making my way to Las Vegas, because I like to date there, and the call comes pay or we're through. So I took screenshots of everything, paid the ransom and we continued.

So I put in a ticket, after all if the timer says I have 6 hours, that means I said YES to the date, and I have time. I said I had screenshots. I just heard back, it seems, don't go by the timer. When The Game says it's time to charge you or break up that's that.

So, in my case, because it was such a new relationship it only cost 12, but at the time the 12 meant I didn't have enough for the dog in Tokyo, so now I had to buy stars. UGH. Even though it isn't right, don't go by the timer. If he calls for a date, you better move NOW, and be careful playing with the time to get a better date duration. Bottom line, according to Glu - the timer doesn't matter, as far as your protection. When the timer starts, you MUST do the date by the countdown time for sure. But there is also a chance you have less time than the timer says.

I don't want anyone else having a false sense of security with the date timer.
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thanks for letting us know Koko!

I take Vats' marriage very seriously in the game!

If Bort break up with Vats, there is simply no more cool options of NPCs to date in the game.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    czarinaczarina Registered Users 51 Posts
    Then what's the sense of having a timer if you can't depend on it? That's screwed
    Android 4.4.2
    Lenovo S650
    Czarivargas23@gmail.com
  • Options
    Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    That happened to me too. I was lucky because it was someone I just started dating so I just broke it off and I'm married to someone new now. I was disappointed to learn that the timer really means nothing, it makes you believe that you have time to go on the date. Now I just make sure I go out with my husband everyday.
  • Options
    RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    That has happened to me as well, and I made a comment about it in one of the "sick-and-tired-of-dating" threads a while back. I try to date first then party each day rather than do gigs, even, for fear this will happen again. I don't react well to shakedowns, you see, and I'd like to keep this spouse a while longer. The broken timer is bad enough, but what really ticks me off is when I return to the game after a brief absence to take care of real life business, like, say, funeral arrangements and grieving, or earning money for K-Stars at a job, only to get a game spouse in my face demanding K-Stars for not "calling." Apologies, that last bit was somewhat off topic, but that irks me to no end, lol!
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    This is why I don't really bother with dating in kkh - considering dates don't increase your fans it feels like a total waste of time considering you could be doing gigs or parties, and it just requires too much maintenance it's not fun at all (imo)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    this has happened to me a few times. also going on a date first, then starting a job only to get the extortion call right after like the date we just went on didn't count.

why is the extortion rate so high? i just got a call today for 78 stars for a npc. i think Lucy may be on to something. we don't really benefit much from these relationships tqfh
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I'm sick of dating, too. I feel as if these NPCs are acting like junkies.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    If only we got to choose the number of hours for each date. The timer is bad on that account too because we may log on to finish up an 8-hour gig just before turning in for the night and up pops that date demand. No energy left and the timer is ticking. To sleep or not to sleep? I woke up an hour or so early to beat the timer and that is when I discovered it had timed out before the 8 hours I had left. Arrgh! I could jet around the world in search of enough energy for a one-hour date in Soho, but 8 hours? Uh, no.